Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebird33

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
Anyone care to share more about the quality between DW and EEA? I am contemplating between the two.

I think the above few comments should have drawn you a pretty good impression of DW shoes as it did for me. EEA is the way to go. I'm going down tomorrow.
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
789
So it's kinda like beats headphones.

Bingo!

They have a place la, for people who care more about fashion

Most people with an appreciate for quality construction and for time honoured craftsmanship won't give them two hoots
 

clyp1973

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2014
Messages
2,326
Reaction score
590
I strongly recommend berluti... the finishing and wearability is second to none....
 

TUV2008

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
77,711
Reaction score
28,162
I strongly recommend berluti... the finishing and wearability is second to none....

I think so... Was at their shop in Taka to see the briefcase but was more impressed with their shoes ! Price also second to none!!!

Thinking of getting a off the shelf TOD shoes, any comment ?
 

josephkjc

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2001
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
7
W7CshZV.jpg


4FDL8Hq.jpg


This pair of Carmina cordovan which our Shoeshine Uncle helped me to revive it. Initially the leather was dry with some fine cracks as it was left in the store room for more than 2 years. But he worked his magic using Venetian shoe cream and brought it back to life.

The right shoe was just polished with deer bone and the left wasn't polished for about 2 months with at least once a week wear. You can see that the shine stays. Cordovan really needs much lesser maintenance as compared to calf leather.
 

Bluebird33

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
Just went down to EEA, their EE width shoes are in Australia for trunk show... Because I have very wide feet, they say if EE width don't fit they have to do bespoke and it starts at $3000! 😦 :( now going carmina to see whether they have my size. Then order online if they have.
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
But I scared order wrong size... Are they the same as carmina?

Try Rain last in Carmina.
Or G for English shoes width sizing.

Each shoe maker have roughly the same length in the same size. but lasts and shape of the shoes can make a world of difference.

What shoes do you have now? And their sizes? EEE is very wide I think.
 

Bluebird33

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
Try Rain last in Carmina.
Or G for English shoes width sizing.

Each shoe maker have roughly the same length in the same size. but lasts and shape of the shoes can make a world of difference.

What shoes do you have now? And their sizes? EEE is very wide I think.

http://archules.com/shop/all/balmoral-iii-black/
I have this in the biggest size (45) and they feel very constricted. Bought them(my first dress shoes) for a good friends wedding.

My feet are very wide, even the guy in EEA told me EE width might not be able to fit.

Are there size EEE width in carmina double monkstraps? I see on their website only EE with inca last.

Didn't get to try carmina today as the traffic situation at that area is horrible. Even have to take a huge detour to suntec area as Nicoll highway was blocked. Will try them tomorrow though.
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
http://archules.com/shop/all/balmoral-iii-black/
I have this in the biggest size (45) and they feel very constricted. Bought them(my first dress shoes) for a good friends wedding.

My feet are very wide, even the guy in EEA told me EE width might not be able to fit.

Are there size EEE width in carmina double monkstraps? I see on their website only EE with inca last.

Didn't get to try carmina today as the traffic situation at that area is horrible. Even have to take a huge detour to suntec area as Nicoll highway was blocked. Will try them tomorrow though.

I think EEE at Carmina is MTO territory.
 

Bluebird33

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
I think EEE at Carmina is MTO territory.

If I really need EEE, which EEA says they don't have even in their MTO, I think I can only go for carmina MTO or DW, since they do bespoke(?).

Hopefully carmina's MTO will be less than $1000.. They do that in Singapore right? If not no choice have to go DW. Bespoke by EEA is $3000. Way too out of my league.

Don't think there are any more local choices for shoes of my size.
 

SquallLH

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2001
Messages
5,066
Reaction score
609
Undecided as to cordovan or spectator for a visit to Turf Club.

Depends on the pair that lady luck smiles on hehe...

Sure, just make sure we dun wear horse shoes and end up like this horse face...

images

Need to have millions to squander in order to look like her though... :(

Just went down to EEA, their EE width shoes are in Australia for trunk show... Because I have very wide feet, they say if EE width don't fit they have to do bespoke and it starts at $3000! �� :( now going carmina to see whether they have my size. Then order online if they have.

I think you probably have to look to American shoes for triple E sizing...
 

eedwinn

Master Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
3,145
Reaction score
4
Anyone can recommend me some shoe polish?

Have been using the army kiwi for my $100+ shoes... Wondering what are the differences between those that you guys use?

Thanks!
 

Hahahehe

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2010
Messages
763
Reaction score
0
Just a quick question:

Anyone uses tongue pads here and perhaps can comment on their effectiveness? I have a pair of shoes that fits well almost everywhere except the instep area which might be too high for my liking (laces fully closed), thus creating some heel slip.

In view of the above, should I use tongue pads to prop up the instep and widen the lace gap, or is there a better way to resolve this issue? I was thinking of sizing down but it would then probably become too small.

Thanks!
 

alvinquah

Senior Member
Joined
May 31, 2000
Messages
673
Reaction score
0
Just a quick question:

Anyone uses tongue pads here and perhaps can comment on their effectiveness? I have a pair of shoes that fits well almost everywhere except the instep area which might be too high for my liking (laces fully closed), thus creating some heel slip.

In view of the above, should I use tongue pads to prop up the instep and widen the lace gap, or is there a better way to resolve this issue? I was thinking of sizing down but it would then probably become too small.

Thanks!

I am using tongue pad for my carmina rain last. Got it at half a size bigger but after using tongue pad seem to correct my heel slip. Please go ahead and try... At least just remove the adhesive. You will not notice it after removal
 

thatshoeotaku

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2015
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
If I really need EEE, which EEA says they don't have even in their MTO, I think I can only go for carmina MTO or DW, since they do bespoke(?).

Hopefully carmina's MTO will be less than $1000.. They do that in Singapore right? If not no choice have to go DW. Bespoke by EEA is $3000. Way too out of my league.

Don't think there are any more local choices for shoes of my size.

I used to work for Cheaney and find they are generally slightly more generous than the typical english make and also do G width shoes. Shame they don't have a local stockist to try. Might be worth sending them an email with your dimensions and see what they recommend.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top