Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
115,262
Reaction score
71
The Diamond Walker patina guy seems like coming out with his range of shoes soon. In SG as one of the places he will start.
 

gairyu

Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
0
Where else other than Robinson can I try barker or loakes in Singapore?
I have been to all the robinsons and only raffles place Robinson has loakes but very limited styles.

I'm thinking of trying in b&m store before making my first online purchase.

Another question I have for GYW shoes. How many would actually resole their shoes? Given that resoling is not cheap, almost $200 just to ship back and resole
 
Last edited:

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Where else other than Robinson can I try barker or loakes in Singapore?
I have been to all the robinsons and only raffles place Robinson has loakes but very limited styles.

I'm thinking of trying in b&m store before making my first online purchase.
Alternatively email the online retailers so the local retailers don't have to work so hard for no sale. =)

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT
 

xtreamzz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
0
Where else other than Robinson can I try barker or loakes in Singapore?
I have been to all the robinsons and only raffles place Robinson has loakes but very limited styles.

I'm thinking of trying in b&m store before making my first online purchase.

Another question I have for GYW shoes. How many would actually resole their shoes? Given that resoling is not cheap, almost $200 just to ship back and resole
Agree the loake selection at Robinsons is very limited. You can try to get your feet measured using the device, send the measurements to the retailer online to get their advice.

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
 

jasper_ocj

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2010
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Need advice from anyone who owns both meermins and EEA. I'm UK 9.5 in EEA double monkstraps. How should i size for meermin double monkstraps in hiro last? Thanks.
 

greatpoke

Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2007
Messages
314
Reaction score
0
Where else other than Robinson can I try barker or loakes in Singapore?
I have been to all the robinsons and only raffles place Robinson has loakes but very limited styles.

I'm thinking of trying in b&m store before making my first online purchase.

Another question I have for GYW shoes. How many would actually resole their shoes? Given that resoling is not cheap, almost $200 just to ship back and resole

I've seen loake and barker at centrepoint metro. its right outside the barber shop within metro. i've also seen loake at robinsons orchard, it isnt there anymore?
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,779
Reaction score
809
Need advice from anyone who owns both meermins and EEA. I'm UK 9.5 in EEA double monkstraps. How should i size for meermin double monkstraps in hiro last? Thanks.

Hows the length for u in EEA? His length tends to run big. And also depends if ur monks are in calf or suede
 

Tornesoul

Master Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
3,446
Reaction score
15
Hi all, looking for a new work shoe but I've pretty wide feet, size ard US10 but always end up buying US11 if the cutting is ok and it still hurts. Currently wearing a pair of Rad Russels, the breaking in process was painful to say the least.

Any recommendations for a suitable shoe brand/design for work shoes that can accomodate wider feet or breaks in faster? Or should i just stick to the same brand? Tyvm

Sent from Sent from where? using GAGT
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
Hi all, looking for a new work shoe but I've pretty wide feet, size ard US10 but always end up buying US11 if the cutting is ok and it still hurts. Currently wearing a pair of Rad Russels, the breaking in process was painful to say the least.

Any recommendations for a suitable shoe brand/design for work shoes that can accomodate wider feet or breaks in faster? Or should i just stick to the same brand? Tyvm

Sent from Sent from where? using GAGT

The shoes we love around in this thread may take even longer time to break in.
You may want to try Geox or Hush puppies. I found that the padding in their leather makes it comfortable to wear right from the start.
 

nethdale

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,589
Reaction score
109
Not too sure about eea, if u can go try your size for llyr. I'm 42 in both llyr and meermin hiro.

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT

Need advice from anyone who owns both meermins and EEA. I'm UK 9.5 in EEA double monkstraps. How should i size for meermin double monkstraps in hiro last? Thanks.

Hi,

I am currently wearing Llyr double monk size 44 (should be UK10??) and had also enquired about Meermin double monk in its Hiro last. Their reply to me is I should take UK 10.5 for Meermin Hiro last.

The details for HIRO for UK 10.5:
L-320mm shoe outsole; W-110mm shole outsole; L302 mm last insole; W106mm last insole.

The best is write to Meermin to equire. However, I have yet to place order as I am deciding between Oxford or Double Monk.
 

xtreamzz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
0
How are the llyr double monks? When I tried them in 42 I can immediately feel it's tight at the toe box esp at my pinky toe. But 42 in their oxfords no issues. Makes me wonder if monks and oxfords have a slight difference tho on same size and lasts. That is what is deterring me from ordering a pair of db monks online :s12:

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
 

nethdale

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,589
Reaction score
109
How are the llyr double monks? When I tried them in 42 I can immediately feel it's tight at the toe box esp at my pinky toe. But 42 in their oxfords no issues. Makes me wonder if monks and oxfords have a slight difference tho on same size and lasts. That is what is deterring me from ordering a pair of db monks online :s12:

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT

Hi,

Personally I think shoe size of Llyr's is on the smaller size. Normally, I don't wear Euro 44, at most is Euro 43. But Llyr's Euro 43 is too tight for me. Also it takes much longer time to break-in.

The Meerim's Oxford and Double Monk are on different last. Oxford is on Elton last and is true to size for regular fitting. Still, I am unsure what size to order!
 

xtreamzz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
0
My meermin plain captoe Oxford is on the hiro last. You might be referring to another one? I know the monks have 2 lasts, Elton and hiro though. So am looking to jump from the Oxford on hiro to monks on hiro.

If you feel llyr takes a long time to break in, meermin will feel like an eternity :s12:

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
 

nethdale

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,589
Reaction score
109
My meermin plain captoe Oxford is on the hiro last. You might be referring to another one? I know the monks have 2 lasts, Elton and hiro though. So am looking to jump from the Oxford on hiro to monks on hiro.

If you feel llyr takes a long time to break in, meermin will feel like an eternity :s12:

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT

Hi,

Gosh for Meermin! In fact, I am looking at Oxford model no 101198 Black calf, is this on Hiro last? I like Meermin's double monk as the 2 straps seem thinner than llyr? Thank you.
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,779
Reaction score
809
gyBlyye.jpg


LLYR 39, Hiro 6.5, EEA 39

Heels flush against the line. As you can see EEA's heel cup extends abit back

But these were their older collections, if you're on the new ones cant help there
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
My meermin plain captoe Oxford is on the hiro last. You might be referring to another one? I know the monks have 2 lasts, Elton and hiro though. So am looking to jump from the Oxford on hiro to monks on hiro.

If you feel llyr takes a long time to break in, meermin will feel like an eternity :s12:

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT

I've not had experience with llyr but my experience with Meermin and eea was that they take almost the same amount of time to break in, with Meermin being slightly faster.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top