Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
I can officially confirm that GMTOs will be possible via Lusso.
Confirm.
Prices are competitive.
The more participants in the gmto, the better for us. I won't say more.
The shoe crowd in SG is surprisingly strong. I've organized a few all-SG gmtos before.
 

anodize

Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2011
Messages
276
Reaction score
5
Now I'm curious about the pricing...... lol.

I can officially confirm that GMTOs will be possible via Lusso.
Confirm.
Prices are competitive.
The more participants in the gmto, the better for us. I won't say more.
The shoe crowd in SG is surprisingly strong. I've organized a few all-SG gmtos before.
 

evangel21

Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2016
Messages
105
Reaction score
4
Hi everyone!

Been reading this thread (and the previous threads) and I must say I have learnt a lot about shoes from you guys. Very informative and enriching. This thread got me started on GYW shoes and recently took the plunge for my first EB (the Oak Tärnsjö chukka) :s13:.

I think Lusso offering RTW and GMTO for EB is a brilliant thing. And I'd certainly be most interested in being part future GMTOs.

Looking forward to more interactive sharing.
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone!

Been reading this thread (and the previous threads) and I must say I have learnt a lot about shoes from you guys. Very informative and enriching. This thread got me started on GYW shoes and recently took the plunge for my first EB (the Oak Tärnsjö chukka) :s13:.

I think Lusso offering RTW and GMTO for EB is a brilliant thing. And I'd certainly be most interested in being part future GMTOs.

Looking forward to more interactive sharing.

Welcome to the forum.

By the way, the good news for you is.... Enzo Bonafe stuff isn't Goodyear welted.
 
Last edited:

evangel21

Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2016
Messages
105
Reaction score
4
Welcome to the forum.

By the way, the good news for you is.... Enzo Bonafe stuff isn't Goodyear welted.
Yea I know and it's thanks to you. I've really learnt a lot from your posts. Your EB collection is really amazing! I do agree with you that EB is really very attractive at that price point. Until AM came out with his RTW. That I am still contemplating.
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Sounds like a good setup. I would go for the tomir soles. Dark navy would be nice though the swatch on skoak isn't very clear for the dark navy and how it looks like irl. There's a grey suede (I think) Chelsea boots on their FB that looks nice.

Probably need to figure out what my 946 size should be.

How about throwing in some norvegese stitching? :s13:

Hey arc, as mentioned, would plan to wear this pair for office setting so I'll pass on the norvegese stitching which would fit a country/casual shoe better?

Would prefer the suede piece either 'balmoral' style or just across the 'tongue' area (similar to a side swept single monk design e.g. JL Jermyn or EG Oundle) than 'saddle' style (per supernova's). My idea being to let the pants cover bits of the suede when (I like my pants with a slight break).

Both navy/dark grey suede works for me.

We can take it thru PM to refine further! More importantly is finding a couple of others who will take it up with us (assuming Lusso imposes the same minimum for GMTO).
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
For me, black is boring. I don't wear black to work unless ... oh wait, never. Only for evening wedding dinners nowadays.
Good luck for the GMTO though, either way, a button loafer will be an interesting makeup!

IMHO, I think there is always a place for black shoes (black tie events aside) in the scheme of formal wear and it brings about a smartness not achievable through other colours.

I guess black feels boring simply because it is mainstream and un-igent?

And yeah, hope can work out something on the GMTO! Thanks!
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
Yea I know and it's thanks to you. I've really learnt a lot from your posts. Your EB collection is really amazing! I do agree with you that EB is really very attractive at that price point. Until AM came out with his RTW. That I am still contemplating.

You're welcome man.
AM is another favorite.
Unfortunately, his website now reflects his new price.
A 40 Euro difference for his RTW line. Somewhat significant, but he still presents a very good value proposition.
It is a bit of a wait, but I think that's your way he wishes to keep his business. Small scale, with a focus on good quality shoes.
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
(assuming Lusso imposes the same minimum for GMTO).

Yes. For Lusso the minimum is 4 as well.
Not so much the retailer that imposes the minimum, but the maker.

Most makers impose a 6 pair minimum, some 8.
So 4 is relatively easy I think.
Good luck.
I'm sorry. I have to tap out. Have in mind some other things that I'm going to try out. So I can't commit for this.
 

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2002
Messages
18,466
Reaction score
1,027
Hi Folks,

I just chanced upon this forum and would like to learn more about good and comfortable working shoes as I always happened to buy not so good one and I think it is affecting my health or condition unconsciously.

I have a flat and wide feet and many models offered usually dont cater this. I prefer soft leather too for flexible movement and I started to think semi boot height might be better for full support? And whether wood or rubber sole is better?

Appreciate if anyone has any info about my above condition and preference - any model to recommend and for me to try?

Thanks in advance for your help - bookmarking this thread :)
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
Hey arc, as mentioned, would plan to wear this pair for office setting so I'll pass on the norvegese stitching which would fit a country/casual shoe better?

Would prefer the suede piece either 'balmoral' style or just across the 'tongue' area (similar to a side swept single monk design e.g. JL Jermyn or EG Oundle) than 'saddle' style (per supernova's). My idea being to let the pants cover bits of the suede when (I like my pants with a slight break).

Both navy/dark grey suede works for me.

We can take it thru PM to refine further! More importantly is finding a couple of others who will take it up with us (assuming Lusso imposes the same minimum for GMTO).

Agreed.... I just checked with Skoak on that middle seam and was told it can't be removed but we can have it in the same leather as the suede that we'll be doing it in....

Ah.... choices choices choices... lol
 

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
48
Wallet starting to feel the pinch, but I prolly wouldn't mind getting in on a nice button boot makeup sometime next year..
 

lirahs

Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2014
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
And to think 363MOD is barely wide enough for me :s11:

nDGpsES.jpg


Darknight55, i think we shared the same GMTO that took place late last year iirc..haha

arcfire and AIAD, can be paired with denim too. :)

 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
Wallet starting to feel the pinch, but I prolly wouldn't mind getting in on a nice button boot makeup sometime next year..

Luckily you got in your AM order before the price hike.
But yes, it's a good idea to space out your orders and enjoy your shoes, and think about your preferences.
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Agreed.... I just checked with Skoak on that middle seam and was told it can't be removed but we can have it in the same leather as the suede that we'll be doing it in....

Ah.... choices choices choices... lol

That's a pity.. My ideal design would be button closure at the tongue area similar to the JFP pair, but with 360 suede balmoral like how it is with the EB!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top