Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtreamzz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
0
thanks for the pics! tho if u wanna enlarge them you can try to upload them on imgur and repost :)
 

beatific

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2000
Messages
402
Reaction score
0
I wear mine like, twice a week man. Why are you letting them go ?


I feel less and less liking for big blocky shoes. Prefer sleek ones.

Worn less than 30 times. because i rotate with 5 pairs, but i rotate this less. much less.

Personal liking is the Alden Shell Penny loafer :) Very sleek and light.

I have the same material in 'long wing' design but it seems sleeker than PTB. That i will keep.
 
Last edited:

BallGag

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
1,282
Reaction score
6
I feel less and less liking for big blocky shoes. Prefer sleek ones.

I have the same material in long wing design but it seems sleeker than PTB. That i will keep.

I like to have a little bit of both;this has caused me to end up with A LOT of both, but I'm not complaining.

Didn't like the Barrie PTB at first but they've really grown on me.
 

liuhao

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2000
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
0
thanks for the pics! tho if u wanna enlarge them you can try to upload them on imgur and repost :)

i realized it's not easy to take black shoes picture, because it's black and non-reflective. hehe..anyway one more here. maybe looks old fashion to most of you.

UyksIFV.jpg
 

Newtothis

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
6,540
Reaction score
0
Apart from alden's online site that charges a ridiculous 135USD for shipping, where else do you guys get your aldens from? Most of the sites don't ship aldens internationally. Not even to a freight forwarding company like comgateway or vpost..
 

Newtothis

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
6,540
Reaction score
0
Do you mean the concierge service provided by Borderlinx or like Comgateway's 'buy for me' service? Just checked that the concierge service by Borderlinx is free for Citibank cardholders. When they purchase it on my behalf, they'll be shipping to my warehouse lot at their company and that's basically shipping it to a freight forwarding company isn't it? Will that work out?
 

BallGag

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
1,282
Reaction score
6
Apart from alden's online site that charges a ridiculous 135USD for shipping, where else do you guys get your aldens from? Most of the sites don't ship aldens internationally. Not even to a freight forwarding company like comgateway or vpost..

Skomakerdagestad
 

Mogan23

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2013
Messages
38,090
Reaction score
8
How lasting are black hammer and rock port shoes???

Need to get some proper formal shoes next year, so I'm saving up now. Currently using Bata shoes :(
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
$150 a pair.

Still a student :(
I can empathise. FWIW I used to wear Hush Puppies and they were the most fugly but indestructible shoes. The nicer ones that I got from Aldo or Pedro never lasted more than a year.

However you can try
http://archules.com/shop/
Which seems to have some pretty decent designs at your price range. Buying from them means supporting local, FWIW.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT
 

gairyu

Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
0
Got a question regarding shoe trees,

I got a pair of uk 7 meermins but a eu 42 generic shoe tree.
The shoe tree fits in but the spring is fully compressed and the heel of the shoe tree is slightly larger then the heel of the shoes (I had to use a some force to push the knob area into the heel area). Should I try to downsize the shoe tree by sanding or should I just buy a new pair of trees?
 

gairyu

Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
0
I can empathise. FWIW I used to wear Hush Puppies and they were the most fugly but indestructible shoes. The nicer ones that I got from Aldo or Pedro never lasted more than a year.

However you can try
http://archules.com/shop/
Which seems to have some pretty decent designs at your price range. Buying from them means supporting local, FWIW.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT

Archules looks really nice from the pictures but I'm not even sure if they are still operating. They don't have many size for the oxfords and yet they offer customers to try 2 sizes lol
Wanted to buy from them but there wasn't my size in stock.
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
Got a question regarding shoe trees,

I got a pair of uk 7 meermins but a eu 42 generic shoe tree.
The shoe tree fits in but the spring is fully compressed and the heel of the shoe tree is slightly larger then the heel of the shoes (I had to use a some force to push the knob area into the heel area). Should I try to downsize the shoe tree by sanding or should I just buy a new pair of trees?

UK 7 sounds like a Euro 40.5.
Sounds like your shoe tree is too long.
 

jasper_ocj

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2010
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
I'm looking for a belt to go with my brown shoes. Where can I find quality leather belts? Preferably in a physical store in sg.

PS doubt its the right thread but i figured peeps here would be able to answer this
 

xtreamzz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
0
Got a question regarding shoe trees,

I got a pair of uk 7 meermins but a eu 42 generic shoe tree.
The shoe tree fits in but the spring is fully compressed and the heel of the shoe tree is slightly larger then the heel of the shoes (I had to use a some force to push the knob area into the heel area). Should I try to downsize the shoe tree by sanding or should I just buy a new pair of trees?
Better to size down your trees though technically if you can fit them in and out without using too much it should be fine. I had a pair of oversized trees before - have to spend 5 mins to force it out cause it was so compressed.

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top