Worst day ever - Note 3 locked

windflower

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2003
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Locked my Samsung Note 3.
Tried to unlock it, but phone prompted "Wrong password".
(but i am very sure I entered the right password. did a google and realised i m not the only one who encountered such a problem)


Tried to use Samsung Dive or Find my phone to unlock remotely.
But ..... unable to login to Samsung account using the email address i registered with them. Attempted to reset password, but failed.
Used the Find ID to verify if email address is as registered with them.
It IS correct. However, still cannot reset my account password.

Called Samsung Call center to reset at their end.
They claim that the email address I have given them is incorrect and instructed me to email their account.samsung.com - contact us.
After numerous correspondences, I don't think they got what my issue is.

I actually begged them to give me the email address i registered with them IF indeed what I had provided is incorrect. But still they cannot help.

Dear brothers and sisters, anyone have lobang to unlock the phone without factory reset? My phone contain precious photos of my newborn. I cannot erase them. :(

Please help me.:sad:
 

ViLLaRox

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2006
Messages
1,861
Reaction score
7
Have u check your google photo account and see if u have the photos backed up?
 

windflower

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2003
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Have u check your google photo account and see if u have the photos backed up?


I did not sync my phone with my google account.


The issue here is I was able to login previously with the email and successfully unlock. But now, not able to.
I was even able to find my account using their Find ID. But kept hitting error while requesting for a reset of password.

I suspect they did a data migration or something. Something not migrated.
The site looks different from what i saw last year.
 

lxb_70

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
15,166
Reaction score
2,876
u stored all the photos in your phone not in microsd card? :eek:
 

mun

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,557
Reaction score
109
Your last resort is to pay Samsung Service Centre a visit. Hope they can help you to resolve your issue :)
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,163
Reaction score
13,175
u stored all the photos in your phone not in microsd card? :eek:
You better believe it, that YR2016 there are still smartphone users who keep "important stuff" in their phone/SIM card memory.

A friend recently bought a new phone and since he's not really tech-savvy, I was going through the steps to set up his new phone with him. When I said "sync your contacts", he told me his contacts were all in the old SIM card. :eek:
 

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
36,431
Reaction score
3,250
Erm, would like to check, what lock type are you using on the phone? - since it is weird that you would have to key in a user id and password
 

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2010
Messages
8,583
Reaction score
55
Locked my Samsung Note 3.
Tried to unlock it, but phone prompted "Wrong password".
(but i am very sure I entered the right password. did a google and realised i m not the only one who encountered such a problem)


Tried to use Samsung Dive or Find my phone to unlock remotely.
But ..... unable to login to Samsung account using the email address i registered with them. Attempted to reset password, but failed.
Used the Find ID to verify if email address is as registered with them.
It IS correct. However, still cannot reset my account password.

Called Samsung Call center to reset at their end.
They claim that the email address I have given them is incorrect and instructed me to email their account.samsung.com - contact us.
After numerous correspondences, I don't think they got what my issue is.

I actually begged them to give me the email address i registered with them IF indeed what I had provided is incorrect. But still they cannot help.

Dear brothers and sisters, anyone have lobang to unlock the phone without factory reset? My phone contain precious photos of my newborn. I cannot erase them. :(

Please help me.:sad:

Is your phone sync to your google account with android device manager turned on. If you did, follow the steps.

Log in to your google account on pc. It will auto locate your phone.

Next select lock phone. Will ask you to enter a temp password. Select lock again.

Now your phone should be locked and ask you for the temp password you entered.

Use it to unlock your phone and retrive your data.
 

BraveCloudy

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
2,991
Reaction score
0
My contacts I store in google account for android, iCloud for iOS. So change phone no need worry about losing contacts. :s13:
 

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2000
Messages
34,551
Reaction score
2,868
Locked my Samsung Note 3.
Tried to unlock it, but phone prompted "Wrong password".
(but i am very sure I entered the right password. did a google and realised i m not the only one who encountered such a problem)


Tried to use Samsung Dive or Find my phone to unlock remotely.
But ..... unable to login to Samsung account using the email address i registered with them. Attempted to reset password, but failed.
Used the Find ID to verify if email address is as registered with them.
It IS correct. However, still cannot reset my account password.

Called Samsung Call center to reset at their end.
They claim that the email address I have given them is incorrect and instructed me to email their account.samsung.com - contact us.
After numerous correspondences, I don't think they got what my issue is.

I actually begged them to give me the email address i registered with them IF indeed what I had provided is incorrect. But still they cannot help.

Dear brothers and sisters, anyone have lobang to unlock the phone without factory reset? My phone contain precious photos of my newborn. I cannot erase them. :(

Please help me.:sad:

Did you set a screen pin? Use that as password.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top