x240 vs x230

obichacha

Master Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2015
Messages
3,047
Reaction score
538
Get X250 from Carousell very cheap only.
$300-450 got Liao in very good conditions
5th gen can do more thing, just change the HDD to Crucial SSD will do more recent.

Anyway X230 or X240 not so worth , due to battery hard to get.
 
Last edited:

hts667

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2003
Messages
28
Reaction score
1
which is better ?
x240 with 4th gen i5
x230 with 3rd gen i7

X230 has old style keyboard (nicer) and physical mouse buttons.
X240 has buttonless touchpad hated by all. (they reverted to physical buttons in X250)

X240 has optional extra internal battery for hotswap, X230 does not.
X240 has optional backlit keypad, X230 has standard thinklight led.

Hope this helps.
 

Calvin.Lee

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
1,948
Reaction score
0
You can also put the x220 classical keyboard on the x230 (very good typing feels, like a mechanical keyboard variant for laptops).

It can be done? The keyboard layout is same? Thanks

I do have a X230 but I have always wanted the feel back of the X220 keyboard.

Does that means the X220 keyboard is also compatible with a X230T? Thanks.
 

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2000
Messages
21,732
Reaction score
133
Get X250 from Carousell very cheap only.
$300-450 got Liao in very good conditions
5th gen can do more thing, just change the HDD to Crucial SSD will do more recent.

Anyway X230 or X240 not so worth , due to battery hard to get.

You are wrong. Thinkpad battery is very easy to get from places like TaoBao or AliExpress. If not, locally from Uni-cell.
 

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
It can be done? The keyboard layout is same? Thanks

I do have a X230 but I have always wanted the feel back of the X220 keyboard.

Does that means the X220 keyboard is also compatible with a X230T? Thanks.

I have the X220 keyboard (and palmrest) in the X230. I can post a pic of it later. Iirc, X220 keyboard is not compatible with the X230T, you'll need to Google to confirm.
 

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2001
Messages
19,464
Reaction score
43
get a t440p and upgrade the cpu to 4712mq.
less than $500
 

fishdundee

Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2011
Messages
145
Reaction score
1
X230 Bios modding

Hi all....

I was wondering if there are any Bios modding services in Singapore?

I am thinking of unlocking the x230 so that it can use 3rd party wifi cards and Batteries.

The Bios-mod forum is a bit too cheem for me?

Can pm me the lobang if this is not suitable to discuss in public.

Many thanks
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top