Xiaomi Mi Pad 5

jhleo1

Reaction score
Pad 5 series short of stock even in China. Don't expect it will be solved within couple of months.

Ahdaii

Reaction score
Hi all. Think i might be getting the mipad 5.
Rationale:
I want to get a tablet with stylus. to make notes for my reading (Main purpose).
Was thinking about getting S7 Tab or Apple Pro, but seems to be out of my budget.

Recently I realised that can emulate Ubuntu on android tablets too. Seems quite successful on my MiPad 4, just that it seems abit slow. Hopefully UFS3.1 and 6gb of RAM should be quite fast enough for code-server.

Will hoot this if price goes below $400 on 11.11.

Current drawback is: Cannot connect to external monitor.

andrewkb

Reaction score
Hi all. Think i might be getting the mipad 5.
Rationale:
I want to get a tablet with stylus. to make notes for my reading (Main purpose).
Was thinking about getting S7 Tab or Apple Pro, but seems to be out of my budget.

Recently I realised that can emulate Ubuntu on android tablets too. Seems quite successful on my MiPad 4, just that it seems abit slow. Hopefully UFS3.1 and 6gb of RAM should be quite fast enough for code-server.

Will hoot this if price goes below $400 on 11.11.

Current drawback is: Cannot connect to external monitor.
Used to own a Tab S6... It's Amoled screen is a beauty with more functional Dex. However, mostly I was using for media consumption, so end up Dex wasn't too useful.

Am thinking if it's worth getting a used Tab S6??

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Used to own a Tab S6... It's Amoled screen is a beauty with more functional Dex. However, mostly I was using for media consumption, so end up Dex wasn't too useful.

How much is a used Tab S6? If you go to Lazada or Shopee, you should find Tab S5E below 600 bucks that is great for media consumption. I downgraded from a S7+ to the S5E, and never looked back. The latter is slower, but I am only using it mainly for watching movies where the AMOLED really shines.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I upgrade from my A7 (LTE)... Never looking back , performance of both tablet are worlds apart.
The specs is very different. The A7 is more like a low end tab from Samsung, and Samsung typically cut back a lot on the specs as long as it is not the flagship series. The S5E is one of the best specs mid range tab from Samsung as far as I can remember.

Ahdaii

Reaction score

Dex is awesome. But just too expensive. I guess can't have best of both worlds. D:

andrewkb

Reaction score
How much is a used Tab S6? If you go to Lazada or Shopee, you should find Tab S5E below 600 bucks that is great for media consumption. I downgraded from a S7+ to the S5E, and never looked back. The latter is slower, but I am only using it mainly for watching movies where the AMOLED really shines.
Yeah I know... Used S6 also $600+ bah

luxun3k

Reaction score
this model can connect to smart tv for mirroring or perform something like Samsung dex? watched a review say it doesn't support HDMI output. am considering between this and the 12.4 inch tab S7 FE

Last edited:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If fancy oled screen get Xiao xin pad pro 2021 lar.. I am more tempted to get that instead.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this model can connect to smart tv for mirroring or perform something like Samsung dex? watched a review say it doesn't support HDMI output. am considering between this and the 12.4 inch tab S7 FE
Usually nowsaday ppl cast to TV.. Why connect using cable? Sound so antique now.

NotaLurker

Reaction score
just bought this tablet for overnight AFK gaming / watch show.
minimal usage as of now because my case and screen protector not here yet. but when i use it not much of a "touch delay/lag" as compared to what other people say. seller help me setup Gplay so its all good.

have not tested to run "intense" gaming, will feedback in a week or 2.
what are the apps that we should debloat ? i only see 2 or 3 mi apps only.

1-wind

Reaction score
You all got update Netflix constantly from Play Store or not? :rolleyes: The latest version is 8.5.0 build 14.40044 on my Pad 5 Global. So far, my Netflix is error and problem-free leh! :sneaky:
Encountered on Thu. Not sure if on latest version.

Now monitoring on latest version - anyone else can get Dolby Atmos on Netflix? Speakers are certified but cannot take advantage of it on Netflix.

limpehfuneral

Reaction score
gotten my mi pad 5 yesterday !! jin shiok mens... got the keyboard case as well
moi box comes with the "EIN" so ish global set I assume
moi dont really watch netflix but download DRM to check is L1, so should be good?

Tia gong from my part time work corlick that netflix can buy taobao cheap cheap or use those free sites provide netflix bideo like levidia. Chinese show can use xfplay then my. mx456 . com or tangrenjie (dang moi missed the今movie365 app) maybe will consider netflix in future if moi need it

keyboard case works well with its own shortcut (shift + space) switch language between eng and chinese
I had to disable chinese handwriting otherwise the language switching via keyboard shortcuts a bit hard use. end up use eng and chi pinyin

overall bery satisfied.... 6GB +128GB, moi has used the advice of some bros here removed majority of the bloatware (via ADB, connect to PC), except Clock? moi is okay with MIUI clock. the rest moi change to google except email cuz moi use outlook.

One thing that bugs moi is the icons cuz is old google icons, moi phone pixel 4a the icons all new. the multi window quite good for moi as well. Only thing is some apps bo landscape so the landscape mode auto turn back portrait if app dont support it.

120Hz is jin ho kua... even better than moi PC monitor (75Hz prism+ one, damn I regret buying prism products)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.