Xiaomi MIPAD 4

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everything about the kirin 960 looks superior than the sd660.
So how?
Not the first time and only forum you try to spread false information

The most distinctive difference between the 2 is actually the GPU and manufacturing process. Both of which gives the edge to SD660.

hotpick

Reaction score
The most distinctive difference between the 2 is actually the GPU and manufacturing process. Both of which gives the edge to SD660.

16 nm vs 14 nm, thus as said the 14nm has advantage on heat control but the GPU Turbo feature from Huawei is expected to catch up its GPU disadvantage and there are quite a number of review out there about this GPU Turbo ... the game is changing ..

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I am little skeptical about these 2 claims. Qualcomm kind of cut down the SD660, so I actually don't think the GPU is going to be better than what is on the Kirin 960. Also while SD660 is on 14nm vs 16nm for the Kirin. The latter is manufactured by TSMC and former by Samsung. Based on what we see on GPU, these 2 are not too far away and chips produced by TSMC is generally superior to Samsung and GoFlo.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am little skeptical about these 2 claims. Qualcomm kind of cut down the SD660, so I actually don't think the GPU is going to be better than what is on the Kirin 960. Also while SD660 is on 14nm vs 16nm for the Kirin. The latter is manufactured by TSMC and former by Samsung. Based on what we see on GPU, these 2 are not too far away and chips produced by TSMC is generally superior to Samsung and GoFlo.

One thing for sure... higher chance of custom rom for SD660 :s13:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agreed on the screen but not processor. Kirin processor is so so only, just like MTK processor, it always win in term of benchmark score only.

This is quite odd a statement. If you are not looking at benchmark scores, when how are you measuring which is faster? MTK chips I don't deny isn't great. But for the price of the top end Helios, there is no competition from Qualcomm back then. The closest was the SD 65x series, but is not widely used likely due to the older fab @ 28nm and possibly price. For me, the pain point with MTK chips is the compatibility or rather lack of compatibility with apps.

I've used Kirin 970 for something, which I do not experience the problem. While clearly not as fast as the SD 835, it is generally the GPU that makes them slower in benchmarks.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wondering is anyone else comparing between the Mi Pad 4 vs Huawei M5 8.4. The latter has a higher-spec screen, expandable storage, but on the other hand slightly more expensive and smaller battery.

For me, if the difference is not great, Huawei may be a better buy. Only reason is because they tend to have better after sales firmware support for their devices. For Xiaomi, most likely you won't get much if any firmware update/ support once you buy their product.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
base don my experience using tab pro-s, using windows based tablet is really different experience from using traditional tablet like ipad/android.
even simple thing like adjusting screen brightness, volume, time seek via touch gesture is not straight forward.
I would suggest approaching surface go as different category from android tablet

This is correct. I am using a Lenovo Miix 720 currently. Despite Win 10 marketing or trying to make itself touch friendly, it is better but nowhere close to Android/ iOS. Significant number of software on Windows don't support touch screen well.

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score

I do know the difference
I'm using a 960 kirin now and in no way the same calibre as mediatek
Update comes whenever android patches anything
Non-user should just stop spreading false information

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got my mipad4 Wi-Fi only and confirm got microSD card slot.

Self installed Google playstore and working fine.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do know the difference
I'm using a 960 kirin now and in no way the same calibre as mediatek
Update comes whenever android patches anything
Non-user should just stop spreading false information

Lack of fixes is well know in mobile market for Huawei.
Recently, Huawei just made another announcement on stepping up of fixes.
Some of the older news:
https://www.androidauthority.com/huawei-mate-9-android-oreo-update-emui-8-807677/

These are especially true for the global version.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everything about the kirin 960 looks superior than the sd660.
So how?
Not the first time and only forum you try to spread false information

Look carefully in comparison.
And take note price vs performance.
That's not false information. These info are available in general public.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One thing for sure... higher chance of custom rom for SD660 :s13:

Both are base on Cortex anyway. Different is SD release source code and driver. So is easier to have custom rom develop. Even for the manufacture's own developer team, they find this helps in developing new function. This is why even for Xiaomi, you see different in product update for SD vs MTK.

Kirin SoC face the same issue.
Kirin is Huawei own code, mix and match Cortex and GPU on SoC. If Huawei don't release fixes. No one can (just like iOS).

Anyway one is eMUI and one is MiUI. They are base on same open platform.

hellhole

Reaction score
32gb version. Got it from qoo10 last weekend

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

hey! can do a favour? i want to use it to fly my drone...

can try to download dji go 4 ? is yours the one with play store installed?

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
Look carefully in comparison.
And take note price vs performance.
That's not false information. These info are available in general public.

Oh now you bring in price/performance
You can continue read news and hearsay problem which doesn't affect normal usage, and spread the problems while you never even touched one before lol

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.