Xiaomi MIPAD 4

Dorkable

Reaction score
Finer on Qoo10 very professional and good in customer service :)

My Mi Pad 4 LTE version is delayed as apparently, Xiaomi is not releasing them yet to public :(

Anyway, I had my Mi Pad 4 LTE order cancelled first.

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No leh. New star.

Finer shop coupon doesn't work last weekend, so boh bian, buy from new star loh

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Damn, mine from finer still stuck in delivery mode, there's no tracking number yet.

hotpick

Reaction score
Lack of fixes is well know in mobile market for Huawei.
Recently, Huawei just made another announcement on stepping up of fixes.
Some of the older news:
https://www.androidauthority.com/huawei-mate-9-android-oreo-update-emui-8-807677/

These are especially true for the global version.

What fix ur expecting .. Im using a honor phone and almost very mth I got OTA and a new OTA is on the way with speed and gpu improvement (mostly is related to the GPU turbo)

And Huawei announced Oreo for most of its old/legacy model

http://huaweiadvices.com/huawei-emui-8-0-android-8-0-oreo-update/

For china brand mobile devices, if want to get very fast and regular OTA then just go for the PRC version and install the google play by ur own ..global version shd be a bit longer ... some china brand dun even care to provide any update..

Look carefully in comparison.
And take note price vs performance.
That's not false information. These info are available in general public.

I only see SD660 (blue bar) slightly > 960 (orange) on the manufacturing process .. I dun see much diff using my Kirin 960 n SD6xx device...u shd feel the same if u have a kirin 960 unit n SD 6xx device

Both are base on Cortex anyway. Different is SD release source code and driver. So is easier to have custom rom develop. Even for the manufacture's own developer team, they find this helps in developing new function. This is why even for Xiaomi, you see different in product update for SD vs MTK.

Kirin SoC face the same issue.
Kirin is Huawei own code, mix and match Cortex and GPU on SoC. If Huawei don't release fixes. No one can (just like iOS).

Anyway one is eMUI and one is MiUI. They are base on same open platform.

For ROM customization, open vs closed, pro n cons each end, want to always being able to flashable .. then just go for google phone to flash in all kinds of rom ...

In fact, most mobile device nowaday quite advance oredi and feature rich .in the old days, I used to flash rom for the touch to wake, color tuning, add dolby sound...now all in by default and even better ..now shift concern to security as mobile payment comes in..

Last edited:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lack of fixes is well know in mobile market for Huawei.
Recently, Huawei just made another announcement on stepping up of fixes.
Some of the older news:
https://www.androidauthority.com/huawei-mate-9-android-oreo-update-emui-8-807677/

These are especially true for the global version.

Objectively, how Huawei behaved in the past when it comes to fixes/ updates, I am not sure. I do know that from Kirin 960 onwards, they are one of the better ones. In fact, I noted that their update release for my Mate 10 Pro seems to be quicker than the Samsung S8 my wife is using.

Anyway in this case, regardless if the device is using a Snapdragon SOC or Kirin SOC, whether you get updates or not, is also very dependent on the manufacturers. Generally, I noticed that Xiaomi don't do well when it comes to updating their devices. I don't buy high end Xiaomi stuff, so I can't confirm this for the high end devices. But at the low and mid end, the updates are scarce if any in the first place.

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
I think he just feel shiok just because there is update rather than no update
Probably even a notification bar or clock update can make him happy
Frequent update is his key criteria in getting a phone

JayceOoiCom

Reaction score
Finer on Qoo10 very professional and good in customer service :)

My Mi Pad 4 LTE version is delayed as apparently, Xiaomi is not releasing them yet to public :(

Anyway, I had my Mi Pad 4 LTE order cancelled first.

Hard to get LTE model. Waiting for one here too...

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What fix ur expecting .. Im using a honor phone and almost very mth I got OTA and a new OTA is on the way with speed and gpu improvement (mostly is related to the GPU turbo)

And Huawei announced Oreo for most of its old/legacy model

http://huaweiadvices.com/huawei-emui-8-0-android-8-0-oreo-update/

For china brand mobile devices, if want to get very fast and regular OTA then just go for the PRC version and install the google play by ur own ..global version shd be a bit longer ... some china brand dun even care to provide any update..

I only see SD660 (blue bar) slightly > 960 (orange) on the manufacturing process .. I dun see much diff using my Kirin 960 n SD6xx device...u shd feel the same if u have a kirin 960 unit n SD 6xx device

For ROM customization, open vs closed, pro n cons each end, want to always being able to flashable .. then just go for google phone to flash in all kinds of rom ...

In fact, most mobile device nowaday quite advance oredi and feature rich .in the old days, I used to flash rom for the touch to wake, color tuning, add dolby sound...now all in by default and even better ..now shift concern to security as mobile payment comes in..

Fair comparison. If both perform almost similar. Then I would say go for the cheaper one for price vs performance.
I believe SD also has advantage in term of power rating (less battery power useage) vs Kirin.

Last edited:

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pre ordered the mi pad 4 4+64GB for $255 on Qoo10. Should be able to get it next week.

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 10 using GAGT

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
Do recommend nice cover for this mipad 4. I looked through Q0010 and they are the typical covers from China. Like to get one as thin as possible with cover to protect the screen. TIA.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which seller to get that price?
Ziming Global. $285 - $30 cart coupon.
N0WBzpWl.jpg

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 10 using GAGT

gigigigi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can't seem to get that price. :(
I believe price should come down to around 265 eventually. Just judge for yourself how much premium you willing to pay for getting it early.
I pay 300+ myself just because I want to bring it for upcoming trip. So far performing well, no regret.

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
I believe price should come down to around 265 eventually. Just judge for yourself how much premium you willing to pay for getting it early.
I pay 300+ myself just because I want to bring it for upcoming trip. So far performing well, no regret.

You got the 3/32 or 4/64 model?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6003 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.