Xigmatek Case Standoffs

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2006
Messages
19,876
Reaction score
307
Hi folks,

Not sure where to post....I guess should be here.
I got hold of a Xigmatek Case.....used but looks like in good condition.
It should be old model because cannot find on their website.
Looks a bit like Midgard II.

I tried putting on brass standoffs which I have on hand....
(these fits perfectly well with my no brand casing).

unfortunately, it is not a good fit....cannot completely screw in.

are Xigmatek casing using special standoffs?
 

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2001
Messages
53,997
Reaction score
18
Standoffs are either 6-32UNC of M3 thread.

If the one you're using is fine thread, that's M3 type, 6-32UNC type are slightly bigger in diameter and the thread are coarser, HDD screws are 6-32UNC.
 

ykgoh

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,782
Reaction score
0
And I always thought there is only 1 standard type of standoff for PC case. Learnt something new today.
 

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2006
Messages
19,876
Reaction score
307
Standoffs are either 6-32UNC of M3 thread.

If the one you're using is fine thread, that's M3 type, 6-32UNC type are slightly bigger in diameter and the thread are coarser, HDD screws are 6-32UNC.

ok.....

think the normal combo is this
6.5mm Brass 6-32 Standoff Riser Screws and M3 screws

I stuck a M3 screw in the mobo panel hole and it fits well...

So, it needs a M3 thread brass standoff.....which I surprisingly dun have.:s22:
First time encounter this.

Tmr go SLS ask.
Thanks.
 

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2006
Messages
19,876
Reaction score
307
And I always thought there is only 1 standard type of standoff for PC case. Learnt something new today.

Thats what I thought too.

6.5mm Brass 6-32 Standoff Riser Screws and M3 screws

This is the normal combo.

But I ever encounter another type which bring to SLS but no shop has it.
It is a PERX casing....very old type.
 

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2001
Messages
53,997
Reaction score
18
Thats what I thought too.

6.5mm Brass 6-32 Standoff Riser Screws and M3 screws

This is the normal combo.

The exact dimension for this is 6-32 x 1/4" (6.35mm) x M3 (internal thread)

But I ever encounter another type which bring to SLS but no shop has it.
It is a PERX casing....very old type.

Commonly found in older casings (Pentium and prior era) are 6-32 x 1/4" x 6-32 (internal) type. The screw for fastening the motherboard are using those for the HDDs as well but button head type. Now almost all casings are using either M3 x M3 x 6mm long or 6-32UNC x 1/4" (6.35mm) x M3 (internal) standoffs.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top