Xperia Pro I

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mega pixels are not everything lol.. I have a DSLR, its 12MP.. but it can take pics better than a 100mp samsung.

the megapixels are just a marketing tactic for people who dont know better.

And just fyi, its STILL using a 1 inch sensor.. so its not false advertising.

So if Canon sold you a 12MP DSLR and said it used a full frame sensor for "unparalleled performance" then you find out it only supports aps-c lenses... You wouldn't feel cheated?

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So if Canon sold you a 12MP DSLR and said it used a full frame sensor for "unparalleled performance" then you find out it only supports aps-c lenses... You wouldn't feel cheated?
nope. i know what i am buying.

blame yourself for not reading the full specs.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
i think the disappointing factor here is that it use a 1 inch sensor but it can't make full use of the megapixel. The R6 use the same sensor with faster F1.9 lens and full 20MP. But the R6 is 0.6mm thicker, R6 9.5mm vs X Pro I 8.9mm.

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
i think the disappointing factor here is that it use a 1 inch sensor but it can't make full use of the megapixel. The R6 use the same sensor with faster F1.9 lens and full 20MP. But the R6 is 0.6mm thicker, R6 9.5mm vs X Pro I 8.9mm.
That's what Sony probably sacrificed. Thickness of the phone . They likely did their homework by the surveys the people replied, so most likely majority of users wanted a thinner phone instead of a thicker phone but lose utilizing the full sensor capabilities.
Or,
They plan it for their next upcoming pro I .

But the image quality it produces performed better than the iPhone 13 which means its still a win situation!

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's what Sony probably sacrificed. Thickness of the phone . They likely did their homework by the surveys the people replied, so most likely majority of users wanted a thinner phone instead of a thicker phone but lose utilizing the full sensor capabilities.
Or,
They plan it for their next upcoming pro I .

But the image quality it produces performed better than the iPhone 13 which means its still a win situation!

For products like smartphone, it is always a compromise between size + weight and the hardware + battery that they can fit in.
I supposed the pro-I is similar to the size of 1 III, people will be screaming "brick phone" if it gets any thicker.

Soulfly

Reaction score
I'm using the R6 and it is definitely not a thick phone. It's sleek and it feels good in the hand. I guess Sony just wants to make an even slimmer phone that's similar to the Xperia 1 III...

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using the R6 and it is definitely not a thick phone. It's sleek and it feels good in the hand. I guess Sony just wants to make an even slimmer phone that's similar to the Xperia 1 III...

I am sure the R6 should feels good in hand but the numbers on width and thickness are still higher even if slightly.

Pro-I: 166 x 72 x 8.9 mm
R6: 162 x 74 x 9.5 mm

Soulfly

Reaction score
I am sure the R6 should feels good in hand but the numbers on width and thickness are still higher even if slightly.

Pro-I: 166 x 72 x 8.9 mm
R6: 162 x 74 x 9.5 mm
Yup I agree with you. Sony Xperia 1 phones have always been one of the slimmest and sleekest in terms of design and it does feel good in the hand. And yes, the Sharp Aquos R6 does feel good in the hand too...

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Those who interested to see the external display and how the magnetic catch am microphone with Sony remote tripod click this. Start from 13.15minute.:

Further down the video he tested the temperature from video is 46 degrees and normal web browsing is 37 degrees. Similar to snapdragon 865 ! Not bad! They must have added damn gigantic heat sink inside! o_O

Also camera and video comparison between Leitz Phone 1 (1 inch sensor), iPhone 13 pro and xperia pro I :

Last edited:

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.