Yen Exchange Rate Watch

feryl

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2001
Messages
2,107
Reaction score
0
sigh, i'm going tokyo next week for 6 days and now I feel that i've made a wrong choice.. :( things in japan will be sooooo expensive :(

it's not the end of the world lah..only 6 days.

assuming you're spending S$2000... the difference between modest exchange rate of 1.4 (4 months back) and 1.7 (currently) is a few hundred dollars. On average, it's just 20 cents difference for a can of coke, a few dollars for each meal and $10-20 more for each night accoms. Just don't buy blue label lah.
 

Tsuteki

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
1,480
Reaction score
0
quite true try to control shopping lor.

eat n stay dun save too much or else might as well dun go stay in sg better haha.

go to holiday is happy right? dun think too much. money can earn back in the end.
 

stars87

Master Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
4,894
Reaction score
0
it's not the end of the world lah..only 6 days.

assuming you're spending S$2000... the difference between modest exchange rate of 1.4 (4 months back) and 1.7 (currently) is a few hundred dollars. On average, it's just 20 cents difference for a can of coke, a few dollars for each meal and $10-20 more for each night accoms. Just don't buy blue label lah.

but bro, on the bigger picture, it adds up to alot leh.

say if i were looking at a accomodation bill of 50k yen. im looking at paying something like S$700.

but if the rate were 1.7, it would be something like S$850.

abit unhealthy percentage wise.
 

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
31,933
Reaction score
0
but bro, on the bigger picture, it adds up to alot leh.

say if i were looking at a accomodation bill of 50k yen. im looking at paying something like S$700.

but if the rate were 1.7, it would be something like S$850.

abit unhealthy percentage wise.
pwah, my accom bill is slightly less than 60k yen for my 9 nites. $150 can do quite a bit...

thank goodness. anything below 16 and im going to change a couple of hundred
me too!
 

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
31,933
Reaction score
0
same here!!!!

telur17 >> which hotel u staying??
mine only 46k for 9 nites.
wah, so cheap? where are you staying?

I'm staying at House Ikebukuro on most nights in Tokyo. 1 nite at K's House at Kawaguchiko, 1 night at Annex Turtle Inn Nikko and 1 night at my friend's place in Chiba. Thinking of changing my accom at Toyoko Asakusa Senzoku to somewhere else in Ueno/Asakusa as I just realised its a bit out of the way.

currently, my calculations are 59K for accom for 2 pax. :o
 

sweet_vanilla

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2007
Messages
990
Reaction score
0
wah, so cheap? where are you staying?

I'm staying at House Ikebukuro on most nights in Tokyo. 1 nite at K's House at Kawaguchiko, 1 night at Annex Turtle Inn Nikko and 1 night at my friend's place in Chiba. Thinking of changing my accom at Toyoko Asakusa Senzoku to somewhere else in Ueno/Asakusa as I just realised its a bit out of the way.

currently, my calculations are 59K for accom for 2 pax. :o

i staying in sakura hotel - ikebukuro.
am staying in a 3 person room with another 2 friends of mine.
 

stars87

Master Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
4,894
Reaction score
0
wah, so cheap? where are you staying?

I'm staying at House Ikebukuro on most nights in Tokyo. 1 nite at K's House at Kawaguchiko, 1 night at Annex Turtle Inn Nikko and 1 night at my friend's place in Chiba. Thinking of changing my accom at Toyoko Asakusa Senzoku to somewhere else in Ueno/Asakusa as I just realised its a bit out of the way.

currently, my calculations are 59K for accom for 2 pax. :o

hey Telur !!

can suggest maybe this for tokyo if you havent confirmed it yet ? seems pretty interesting. it was on house ikebukuro the other alternative accomodation link in chinese

http://www.musk.com.tw/japan/niko_us.htm

http://www.nikoinn.com/

the higher rooms got a very nice view of ikebukuro / balcony to see tokyo. and its priced lower than house ikebukuro i think.

im budgeting roughly about 60K yen for 16 nights of accomodation across japan. with a wee bit of luck, hopefully can achieve that.
 

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
31,933
Reaction score
0
i staying in sakura hotel - ikebukuro.
am staying in a 3 person room with another 2 friends of mine.
ahh, I looked at that too but decided against it as I like the atmosphere at House Ikebukuro. You 46k is for all of you or just you alone? :o
 

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
31,933
Reaction score
0
hey Telur !!

can suggest maybe this for tokyo if you havent confirmed it yet ? seems pretty interesting. it was on house ikebukuro the other alternative accomodation link in chinese

http://www.musk.com.tw/japan/niko_us.htm

http://www.nikoinn.com/

the higher rooms got a very nice view of ikebukuro / balcony to see tokyo. and its priced lower than house ikebukuro i think.

im budgeting roughly about 60K yen for 16 nights of accomodation across japan. with a wee bit of luck, hopefully can achieve that.
Thanks, stars. I did look at nikoinn before. House Ikebukuro is cheaper at 6000 yen for 2 pax a nite. :o But I'll prob check out niko inn if I've the time since House Ikebukuro is so popular. Its already fully booked for the period in Apr when I'll be in Japan!

I'm currently thinking of Taito Ryokan (http://www.libertyhouse.gr.jp) to replace Toyoko Inn Asakusa senzoku. It looks nice and I'm crossing my fingers that it is not too run-down. We're planning to stay in Ueno/Asakusa for 1 night to experience a different part of Tokyo and also cos it'll be easier to get to my friend's home in Chiba from Asakusa. :o

your budget is for 1 pax? Good luck with it!
 

feryl

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2001
Messages
2,107
Reaction score
0
I see. then for a fair comparison, my current accom cost is slightly less than 30k per pax. But then House Ikebukuro has less amendities than Sakura Hotel. :)

my previous trip was 70K per pax for 18 days accoms. so roughly 35K per pax for 9 nights. business hotels and ryokan. I had leftover yen changed at 1.3 so it was quite a cheap trip :)
 

feryl

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2001
Messages
2,107
Reaction score
0
Thanks, stars. I did look at nikoinn before. House Ikebukuro is cheaper at 6000 yen for 2 pax a nite. :o But I'll prob check out niko inn if I've the time since House Ikebukuro is so popular. Its already fully booked for the period in Apr when I'll be in Japan!

I'm currently thinking of Taito Ryokan (http://www.libertyhouse.gr.jp) to replace Toyoko Inn Asakusa senzoku. It looks nice and I'm crossing my fingers that it is not too run-down. We're planning to stay in Ueno/Asakusa for 1 night to experience a different part of Tokyo and also cos it'll be easier to get to my friend's home in Chiba from Asakusa. :o

your budget is for 1 pax? Good luck with it!

problem with taito inn is that the toilet is shared... japanese ryokans are fine but these semi-youth hostel types can get disgusting because of the quantity of other foreigners.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top