Yen Exchange Rate Watch

Vismark

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
2,078
Reaction score
3
Was also at Raffles arcade just now during lunch ard 1.45pm, about same timing as fellow forumer saffronsatire. I encountered the same situation also, 2nd floor Hassans as well as Sheen were seen with extremely long queues for some reason. Usually lunch hr here I understand things can be quite busy and occupied, but today is one of those situations where the queue seems longer than usual. :s22::s22:

Almost wanted to give up queuing and intend to come back after office hours at 6PM, since IIRC here still got some money changer outlets that opens up till 6.30PM and my workplace is only ard 12mins walk from here nia. Already changed half of my required yen abt 1 mth ago, but according to japanese side financial/govt policies restructuring headlines for last few weeks, I had this hindsight and speculated that JPY should hav a gradual drop so decided to wait till last min to change the rest of my yen as I am heading for a longer trip this round so this time I am changing for more yen compared to my previous JP trips.

The moment I saw someone reported JPY dropped to 10.99 today at Mustafa, I know is my lucky day liao. Hassans and Sheen both were selling at 10.955 today during lunch hr, and quite honestly I never thought that yen will drop to below 11.0 so soon. (was honestly only aiming for 11.03-11.01 during this period based on prev speculations)

All in all, a very fruitful day for Goodman today. Preparing to fly off tmrw liao, time to spend spend spend buy buy buy again in nipponland.
:D

Now you can spend abit more with the exchange rate.
Enjoy your trip~~
 

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
7,433
Reaction score
717
@haonan ya lor. queued longer than usual ytd. like at least 20 mins? usually 10 mins or so will be done.

i was expecting the yen to only fall in june. that was what some finance analysts predicted. didn't expect it to be so soon as well. but good for us. nippon fans can even change for future future trips as i believe 10.xx is historically very low.

have fun and report on the fun things when you come back!! :D
 
Last edited:

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
7,433
Reaction score
717
any idea if the rate is still 10.88 and what time the arcade money changers re-open after their friday prayers?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top