Yen Exchange Rate Watch

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
31,933
Reaction score
0
aiyoh, this is supposed to b a friendly thread.

mustafa now 15.66. hope will drop a bit more so I can go change some $ 2moro...
 

stars87

Master Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
4,894
Reaction score
0
aiyoh, this is supposed to b a friendly thread.

mustafa now 15.66. hope will drop a bit more so I can go change some $ 2moro...

btw. when u going telur ?

sorry to burden you but would you mind checking the Yen exchange counters at Narita when u arrive ?

got quite a few people say the narita airport money changers offer pretty decent rates to exchange currency (more outbound travellers than inbound travellers i'd suppose)

just give a shout here if you find that the rates are pretty good or anything :) no need to specifically go and search and find them out. just let us know if you see can ? much thanks in advance :D there should be a few on the way to the Train stations.

thanks ! :s12::)
 

bryando

Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2008
Messages
457
Reaction score
2
I remembered I checked twice at the narita airport in 2007 and both times rates were not as good as in SG. Eyeing to get my ex-colleague who still working in Bank to check if their staff rates are better. Fingers crossed and keep you guys posted.......
 

stars87

Master Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
4,894
Reaction score
0
16th may to 22th may :D

hey !

i'd be there probably from 13 -20th too. hakodate, toya and sapporo. another dude, redemption i think, will be there around that period too.

maybe with a bit of karma, we'd bump into each other at the sapporo kami buffet.

okkk back to exchange rates before people get angry.=:p

rates seem to have stabilized. hovering at around 15.6~15.7, no more sudden spikes like last week. currently : 15.67

@bryando.

i see, thank you. appreciate it. cos got a few people ever mentioned before that the rates were pretty good. i was keeping that as a contingency plan, just in case if rates suddenly shoot up, ild pack about 1k to change at Narita when i arrive.


Down down down ! below 14 even better :D back to pre-recession days. hopefully with new export data coming out, the yen will fall against SGD again. seems like economic downturn is bottoming out. (unless got some new crisis/fallout again, Choy !)
 

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
31,933
Reaction score
0
btw. when u going telur ?

sorry to burden you but would you mind checking the Yen exchange counters at Narita when u arrive ?

got quite a few people say the narita airport money changers offer pretty decent rates to exchange currency (more outbound travellers than inbound travellers i'd suppose)

just give a shout here if you find that the rates are pretty good or anything :) no need to specifically go and search and find them out. just let us know if you see can ? much thanks in advance :D there should be a few on the way to the Train stations.

thanks ! :s12::)
going 2 weeks from now. if I see the $ changer, will take note. but everybody tells me rates are much better in SG...
 

redemption

Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2003
Messages
258
Reaction score
0
btw. when u going telur ?

sorry to burden you but would you mind checking the Yen exchange counters at Narita when u arrive ?

got quite a few people say the narita airport money changers offer pretty decent rates to exchange currency (more outbound travellers than inbound travellers i'd suppose)
I'll be in Narita next Friday, if I get hold of a computer and remember this thread, I'll update on the rates in Narita too.

I've read the same thing about the exchange rate being better at Narita or at the ATM there, but it's from some guidebooks (Frommer's and Lonely Planet). Those are geared towards Western visitors so maybe their exchange rates are different?

Anyway, I'm gonna change another batch soon at the Arcade. Let you guys know the rate there (I'm hoping to get around 15.6).
 

James Tang

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
9,694
Reaction score
335
I'll be in Narita next Friday, if I get hold of a computer and remember this thread, I'll update on the rates in Narita too.

I've read the same thing about the exchange rate being better at Narita or at the ATM there, but it's from some guidebooks (Frommer's and Lonely Planet). Those are geared towards Western visitors so maybe their exchange rates are different?

Anyway, I'm gonna change another batch soon at the Arcade. Let you guys know the rate there (I'm hoping to get around 15.6).

HI,

May I know what time the changers at Arcade close?

Thanks!
 

bertina

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
I think I'm done with all my currency exchange.. But didnt manage to get at the best rate eg. 15.6+.. Because I started changing my money when it was around 16.6.
After averaging out, the rate I got for all my money changed is 16.

Anyway yen has gone up again, 15.86 at Mustafa
 

redemption

Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2003
Messages
258
Reaction score
0
Yeah I think that the reason more than Nikkei stocks going down :) Nikkei is probably down because the yen is up (and not the other way round).
 

nWo

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2002
Messages
1,134
Reaction score
0
The real reason why USD has gone DOWN & YEN has gone UP:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_world_business/view/416243/1/.html

Fed Reserve adds US$1.15 trillion to economic fight

WASHINGTON: The Federal Reserve ramped up its battle against the economic crisis on Wednesday, announcing plans to pump another 1.15 trillion dollars into the financial system in a stepped-up effort to spark recovery.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_world_business/view/416278/1/.html

Fed expansion sends US dollar reeling

NEW YORK: The US dollar plunged on Wednesday as the Federal Reserve surprised markets with an aggressive plan to pump over a trillion dollars into the financial system to pull the US economy out of recession.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top