Zhuhai Chimelong resort

lazy999

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
1,581
Reaction score
394
Anyone been to Zhuhai Chimelong resort? Care to share which hotel you stay there and how the experience? Thought of bringing my kids there.
 

16/8IF

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2023
Messages
1,698
Reaction score
1,247
Anyone been to Zhuhai Chimelong resort? Care to share which hotel you stay there and how the experience? Thought of bringing my kids there.
Looks like not many people have been to this place ,

suggest you go to Douyin and search for it, there you can find many short videos introduction to the place.

I used to be based in Zhuhai for about 10 years and also travel there annually but to be honestly I never went in although I did tour the surrounding area and it is a huge resort.

Usually there are many tour groups during China long Public Holidays, these are usually staff of various Government departments across the country that organized this tour (paid for by department budgets), so
you can expect very large crowd during these periods ( there are advantages and disadvantages going during this time).

The location is really far out from the city area.
 

lazy999

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
1,581
Reaction score
394
Looks like not many people have been to this place ,

suggest you go to Douyin and search for it, there you can find many short videos introduction to the place.

I used to be based in Zhuhai for about 10 years and also travel there annually but to be honestly I never went in although I did tour the surrounding area and it is a huge resort.

Usually there are many tour groups during China long Public Holidays, these are usually staff of various Government departments across the country that organized this tour (paid for by department budgets), so
you can expect very large crowd during these periods ( there are advantages and disadvantages going during this time).

The location is really far out from the city area.
Thanks for the info. Will do more research on this.
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
Looked at the official website. I see that the Zhuhai part of the Chimelong resort consists of the Ocean Kingdom, a circus and the theatre. 5 Hotels are part of the development. I suppose you can look for a bundle deal to include hotel stay and tickets to the Zhuhai attractions.
 

lazy999

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
1,581
Reaction score
394
Looked at the official website. I see that the Zhuhai part of the Chimelong resort consists of the Ocean Kingdom, a circus and the theatre. 5 Hotels are part of the development. I suppose you can look for a bundle deal to include hotel stay and tickets to the Zhuhai attractions.
Ya, now considering which hotel to stay there. Most likely will go for the 3 day 2 night package.
 

skai_11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2005
Messages
12,789
Reaction score
1,900
I'm flying SG-HK-SG for 8days and intend to visit Macau and Zhuhai Chimelong Spacepark. I should be utilising the free shuttle from airport to Macau, then from there maybe stay one night or straight to Zhuhai Chimelong Spacepark.

Any recommendations for the Chimelong package/bundle deals and which accommodation is worthy to stay?

returning to Hong Kong; should I return Hong Kong straight from Zhuhai Chimelong or from Zhuhai Chimelong to Macau to Hong Kong? by bus or ferry better?
 

16/8IF

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2023
Messages
1,698
Reaction score
1,247
1. There is a direct flight from SG-Macau.
2. If you need to go to HK from Zhuhai, there is no need to go thru Macau than HK, this way you have to go thru an additional Macau Immigration. ( both can go on the HK/Zhuhai/Macau bridge).
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
I'm flying SG-HK-SG for 8days and intend to visit Macau and Zhuhai Chimelong Spacepark. I should be utilising the free shuttle from airport to Macau, then from there maybe stay one night or straight to Zhuhai Chimelong Spacepark.

Any recommendations for the Chimelong package/bundle deals and which accommodation is worthy to stay?

returning to Hong Kong; should I return Hong Kong straight from Zhuhai Chimelong or from Zhuhai Chimelong to Macau to Hong Kong? by bus or ferry better?
Any reason to transfer from HK? You can skip HK totally, or you can simply use Macau on one leg and HK on the other. The bus is convenient and way cheaper than the ferry.
 

skai_11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2005
Messages
12,789
Reaction score
1,900
Any reason to transfer from HK? You can skip HK totally, or you can simply use Macau on one leg and HK on the other. The bus is convenient and way cheaper than the ferry.


1. There is a direct flight from SG-Macau.
2. If you need to go to HK from Zhuhai, there is no need to go thru Macau than HK, this way you have to go thru an additional Macau Immigration. ( both can go on the HK/Zhuhai/Macau bridge).

my flight is fixed Sgp-HKg-Sgp.

my partner wants to visit Macau too, and now got promotion free 1 way ferry or bus from hkg to macau by macau tourism board.

so I'll plan hkg-macau stay 1 night then macau-zhuhai stay chimelong then back hkg straight.

which accommodation is preferred? I'm considering circus or spaceship.

penguin like too kiddish, more suitable for families with babies/children below 5yo?
 

lazy999

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
1,581
Reaction score
394
my flight is fixed Sgp-HKg-Sgp.

my partner wants to visit Macau too, and now got promotion free 1 way ferry or bus from hkg to macau by macau tourism board.

so I'll plan hkg-macau stay 1 night then macau-zhuhai stay chimelong then back hkg straight.

which accommodation is preferred? I'm considering circus or spaceship.

penguin like too kiddish, more suitable for families with babies/children below 5yo?
From hk to macau - Zhuhai, you can consider the golden bus. I reached hk and took the golden bus to macau, spend 3 days there, then took the golden bus from macau to zhuhai. its really good. I didnt like ferry, coz will get seasick. Last time took hk ferry to macau before and kena stormy sea. The sea is darn rough,.
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
my partner wants to visit Macau too, and now got promotion free 1 way ferry or bus from hkg to macau by macau tourism board.

so I'll plan hkg-macau stay 1 night then macau-zhuhai stay chimelong then back hkg straight.
If you want to make the most of a free ticket, the ferry costs double the bus ticket, I recall. However, you have to check your departure point for the ferry. Turbojet is from either the Kowloon or HK ferry terminal. Similarly, you can check the departure points for your bus. Depending on the bus company, it is likely to have more convenient locations.
 

skai_11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2005
Messages
12,789
Reaction score
1,900
From hk to macau - Zhuhai, you can consider the golden bus. I reached hk and took the golden bus to macau, spend 3 days there, then took the golden bus from macau to zhuhai. its really good. I didnt like ferry, coz will get seasick. Last time took hk ferry to macau before and kena stormy sea. The sea is darn rough,.

ok will consider this service from Macau to Zhu Hai. Thanks
 

skai_11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2005
Messages
12,789
Reaction score
1,900
If you want to make the most of a free ticket, the ferry costs double the bus ticket, I recall. However, you have to check your departure point for the ferry. Turbojet is from either the Kowloon or HK ferry terminal. Similarly, you can check the departure points for your bus. Depending on the bus company, it is likely to have more convenient locations.

I'll be landing in HK airport then from there directly hop onto the free bus service to Macau. save the trouble of going into hong kong to find the departure locations
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
I'll be landing in HK airport then from there directly hop onto the free bus service to Macau. save the trouble of going into hong kong to find the departure locations
Cool idea. Does this mean you have to clear immigration first to board the bus or is this like SkyPier where you board the ferry from the airport without having entered HK with your passport?
 

skai_11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2005
Messages
12,789
Reaction score
1,900
Cool idea. Does this mean you have to clear immigration first to board the bus or is this like SkyPier where you board the ferry from the airport without having entered HK with your passport?

Visitors arriving at Hong Kong International Airport can claim a free one-way bus ticket at the designated counter inside the restricted area. This ticket allows direct transfer from the SkyPier Terminal to Macao via the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge.
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
Visitors arriving at Hong Kong International Airport can claim a free one-way bus ticket at the designated counter inside the restricted area. This ticket allows direct transfer from the SkyPier Terminal to Macao via the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge.
Right. It's by SkyPier, so there is no need to enter HK jurisdiction. You will only have to think of how you want to return to HK.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top