Zuji vs Expedia

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,671
Reaction score
1,382
Today, I had 2 very contrasting experience dealing with Zuji & Expedia for my hotel booking.

I first made my hotel booking on Zuji.
After completing the booking & payment, Zuji system says my booking is not fully confirmed (WTH ?)
I chatted online with Zuji rep who said not to worry, the process takes 48hrs to confirm ?! but I said I am on a plane in 48hrs.
Rep then gave me a number to call saying someone there can help.
I called. CSO repeated: process takes 48hrs, nothing she can do, she will EMAIL (not phone call) their "Hotel Dept" to expedite but she does not know by when.
She said to check my email this evening & if still not confirmed, call them again.
I asked what can she do differently in the evening that she cant do now to help me confirm my booking. She does not know. OK i agree to wait.
Then, I login to my Zuji online account & shocked to see that the total cost was DOUBLE the amount that I had booked ! :eek:
I called back CSO, saying I want the booking canceled as the amount is wrong & booking not confirmed yet. CSO said sorry she cannot cancel, only "Hotel Dept" can cancel & she does not know how long it would take or would it be before credit card is charged. She can send "Hotel Dept" an email & mark it Urgent.
I refused to accept that & asked to speak to duty manager. After putting on hold for 10mins, CSO finally said she can cancel the booking for me !!

I then made the same booking on Expedia & went out for appointment. Several hours later, I realised the booking dates were incorrect ! I had made a mistake in my haste :zotto:
I called Expedia CSO hotline.
CSO explained to me the cancel & rebook policy for that hotel. Bcos it's a last minute trip, Hotel's standard cancellation fees applies. However, he said since I made a genuine mistake, he would call the hotel on my behalf & request to waive the fees while I wait on line.
The Hotel agreed. CSO immediately revised my booking dates & I received an email confirmation shortly after ! :s12:

When things go wrong, one could not do anything that would help while another made it seem like a breeze.

Which one would I book with in future ?

Just sharing.
 

seniorcare

Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2016
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
expedia ftw.
i love your experience because i had a very positive experience with expedia too...

thanks for sharing. will confirm my decision to stick to expedia. :)
 

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
5,832
Reaction score
1
Zuji also imposed booking fee for air tickets. I've not used them at all
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
zuji hotel prices most of the hotels are expensive than expedia
hence wont book hotels from there :)
 

purplewave

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2003
Messages
92,595
Reaction score
2,717
tried zuji once for airline bookings only. no issue
never tried expedia
i usually use booking.com and agoda for hotel bookings, more creditable
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
booking.com, agoda, expedia

would say agoda price is cheap wo vouchers
expedia price would be cheaper than agoda, if voucher has been used
booking.com mostly not very cheap ...

Booking hotel is so adventurous
u wont never know which site gives you the price, till u check all ...
if u have the time, doing bpg successfully, can even lower the price by alot ...
 
Last edited:

saintgtril

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
54,233
Reaction score
67
booking.com, agoda, expedia

would say agoda price is cheap wo vouchers
expedia price would be cheaper than agoda, if voucher has been used
booking.com mostly not very cheap ...

Booking hotel is so adventurous
u wont never know which site gives you the price, till u check all ...
if u have the time, doing bpg successfully, can even lower the price by alot ...

Hi there, what is bpg? Thanks! :D
 

saintgtril

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
54,233
Reaction score
67
Thanks dede1217, are you saying
  1. expedia is the cheapest compared to agoda and booking.com?, and
  2. the cheapest provider (expedia) can request for a lower price than the advertised best price guarantee?
:s22:

best price guarantee ...

booking.com, agoda, expedia

would say agoda price is cheap wo vouchers
expedia price would be cheaper than agoda, if voucher has been used
booking.com mostly not very cheap ...

Booking hotel is so adventurous
u wont never know which site gives you the price, till u check all ...
if u have the time, doing bpg successfully, can even lower the price by alot ...
 

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,671
Reaction score
1,382
Thanks dede1217, are you saying
  1. expedia is the cheapest compared to agoda and booking.com?, and
  2. the cheapest provider (expedia) can request for a lower price than the advertised best price guarantee?
:s22:

Only Expedia offers BPG
If hotel website provides a lower price, Expedia will pay 2x price difference. I got it once for Hokkaido hotel.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Thanks dede1217, are you saying
  1. expedia is the cheapest compared to agoda and booking.com?, and
  2. the cheapest provider (expedia) can request for a lower price than the advertised best price guarantee?
:s22:

if you managed to find a website that is cheaper than expedia,
you can file bpg from expedia
if they approve, they would refund you 2x the diff, capped at 125sgd
not very easy, not hard either ...
 
Last edited:

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Only Expedia offers BPG
If hotel website provides a lower price, Expedia will pay 2x price difference. I got it once for Hokkaido hotel.

other websites also offers BPG, such as booking.com and agoda
however, they only refund u the diff ...

for expedia, they would refund u 2x price diff , capped at 125sgd, more refunds
 

lugia88

Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2008
Messages
380
Reaction score
0
I been trying all forms of websites, zuji, expedia , hotels, agoda .. in fact I have used it all a few times haha.

Ok this is my take on some websites...

Zuji - ok for airflight - Wait for their Mastercard / Amex Discount [5-12% at times].. its pretty worth it. They will prebook for you flight only but the seatings for some airline you have to call airline yourself. [I know this part sucks but for a deal i got to USA at 830 Multicity I have to pay for this type of service lol]

Expedia - shld be the best i think, best price also for going one city if you book flight n hotel together [YOU WILL SAVE ALOT].

Agoda - some hotels you book through, they dont pay hotel taxes / resort fees for you like in Las Vegas the hotels are damn smelly there is alot of hidden cost inside that you have to becareful of.

So my take is, if you want to save $$ ... must use all ...
If want fail proof, expedia is of course the best :) so far no hassle.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
My take is ... if you do not have time to search more,
The two most competitive sites would have to be expedia and agoda ...

Booking.com rates and zuji are not very attractive ...
perhaps maybe if they have their secret deals in booking.com...
however not much choices also ...
 

kokfann

Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
454
Reaction score
0
Why dont you try skyscanner?
I am open to all except Expedia, gave me very bad experience, and till today, that is after 2 months, i am still waiting for them to call back.
I requested the CSO to escalate my issue to the high ups, so if they really do call back, i will surely **** them upside down left to right.

Anything but expedia
 

lesley82

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,830
Reaction score
0
have been using expedia for almost all my hotel booking, coupled with shopback, you would save another few percent, plus the online rebate of DBS livefresh you get another 5% off if you fulfilled the conditions.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Why dont you try skyscanner?
I am open to all except Expedia, gave me very bad experience, and till today, that is after 2 months, i am still waiting for them to call back.
I requested the CSO to escalate my issue to the high ups, so if they really do call back, i will surely **** them upside down left to right.

Anything but expedia

skyscanner normally i used it for flight bookings.
price is just as a guage
once u have clicked to go to the respective websites, price would have been slightly more than what you see at sky scanner .

skyscanner, normally would book flights from reputable source, such as direct airline, or expedia, etc ...
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
have been using expedia for almost all my hotel booking, coupled with shopback, you would save another few percent, plus the online rebate of DBS livefresh you get another 5% off if you fulfilled the conditions.

My hotel booking in nov ...
Managed to book from expedia at 100+sgd...
however agoda is selling at 50+sgd ...
hence after doing bpg , managed to book the 3* hotel at less than 3 sgd
on top of that, my expedia cashback is based on my 100+sgd...
 

noslek

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2016
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
My hotel booking in nov ...
Managed to book from expedia at 100+sgd...
however agoda is selling at 50+sgd ...
hence after doing bpg , managed to book the 3* hotel at less than 3 sgd
on top of that, my expedia cashback is based on my 100+sgd...

This is very encouraging to hear. I tried BPG (can't remember on agoda or Expedia) and failed as they say the TnC doesn't match, which I can't understand why. After that I never bother about BPG anymore.

Oh and I think Agoda reward is better than Expedia. The points doesn't translate to much earnings on Expedia if it's not an Expedia+ hotel :(

OT: Tried Jetstar BPG equivalent twice and it worked just fine :) Very pleased with my purchase.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top