ZUJI's Bad Customer Service

MEGASILVER

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2003
Messages
793
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, I am here to share with you my unforunate experience with ZUJI.

I usually make hotel reservations through ZUJI and I had made the reservations in Nov.

I was at Shenzhen in Dec and took a train from Hong Kong to Shenzhen.

When I reached the hotel in Shenzhen, the hotel staff did not have my reservation details.

Granted that they did not know ZUJI, I had to pay for a 10 min phone bill using the hotel's business centre phone to call back the Singapore office in ZUJI to ask for assistance.

First thing that angered me was the long advertisement they had when I called. It was already indicated that this Singapore number was for other countries to contact them at - so where have advertisements which will only increase the duration of the call?

Furthermore, I had to press a series of options before I could get to the operator to tell him / her my problem.

The operator was Indian and obviously could not speak Mandarin and apparently there were no operators who could speak Mandarin (I requested for one who could as the hotel staff were not that fluent in English after all).

After some check on their side, ZUJI said they would send the confirmation to the hotel again and would call me back. The hotel staff suggested that I go for lunch first and check for my reservation again.

Unfortunately after an hour's lunch, I came back with no room still and no indication from ZUJI as to the latest status.

As it would be easier for the hotel staff to check the hotel bookings from the counter, I used my cell phone to call ZUJI again and the whole process was repeated. Due to a bad connection, there were a lot of "Hellos" going on during the conversation which took another 10 mins. It was then when the hotel staff said they finally received the reservation details.

When I came back to Singapore, I requested for reimbursement for my phone bill (the hotel phone call already cost me $20 and I still don't know how much the call via cellphone cost). The operator was apologetic but said that there was nothing she could do as this was a technical glitch in the system and they had resolved it.

In other words, they refused to reimburse me after all the trouble they put me through. I was not being unreasonable to ask for phone bill reimbursement as this was a problem at their side, not mine.

In any case, I will stop using ZUJI's services from now on.
 

fone

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2002
Messages
5,183
Reaction score
19
I would have given up on Zuji after the initial call after lunch. Have the hotel give me a signed statement that there is no reservation from Zuji for me, make another reservation on the spot for myself, then come back and get back everything via SCT or Case. Can probably add in damages for the distress caused. Otherwise, if room rates are similar, I would have called bank for a charge back.

Call them and ask to speak to supervisor or try to get hold of a non-india number to call.
 
Last edited:

MEGASILVER

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2003
Messages
793
Reaction score
0
I would have given up on Zuji after the initial call after lunch. Have the hotel give me a signed statement that there is no reservation from Zuji for me, make another reservation on the spot for myself, then come back and get back everything via SCT or Case. Can probably add in damages for the distress caused. Otherwise, if room rates are similar, I would have called bank for a charge back.

Call them and ask to speak to supervisor or try to get hold of a non-india number to call.

It was a Singapore number, but only indian operators. But you made a valid point...
 

fone

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2002
Messages
5,183
Reaction score
19
It was a Singapore number, but only indian operators. But you made a valid point...

Yeah, many companies outsource their call centers to India, cuz they are much cheaper. Even SQ does it, trick to getting SQ's sg call center instead of get routed to india is to press 2 for chinese, don't think that option is available for Zuji. I'm sure they have an sg office, see if you can get hold of that number.
 

moimoi11

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
I would have given up on Zuji after the initial call after lunch. Have the hotel give me a signed statement that there is no reservation from Zuji for me, make another reservation on the spot for myself, then come back and get back everything via SCT or Case. Can probably add in damages for the distress caused. Otherwise, if room rates are similar, I would have called bank for a charge back.

Call them and ask to speak to supervisor or try to get hold of a non-india number to call.

I think what the TS did is a lot less trouble than what you suggested. Its only a room reservation. Eventually things worked out fine. He's just complaining abt the customer support.

To TS, things go wrong once in a while, especially during travels. just relax and resolve it. Dont let it affect ur trip.

And just to add, i dont use zuji at all. my emquires to them came back with std template replies. So pretty much know their level of customer service.
 

fone

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2002
Messages
5,183
Reaction score
19
I think what the TS did is a lot less trouble than what you suggested. Its only a room reservation. Eventually things worked out fine. He's just complaining abt the customer support.

To TS, things go wrong once in a while, especially during travels. just relax and resolve it. Dont let it affect ur trip.

And just to add, i dont use zuji at all. my emquires to them came back with std template replies. So pretty much know their level of customer service.

Hmm, different people have different preference lah. Mine was based on to enjoy the holiday first, get a room, rest and enjoy the rest of my holiday, then after holiday then settle the problem. Some people may like to settle the problem once and for all during the holiday, but I would like to enjoy my holiday first, then settle the problem afterwards.
 

krisflyermiles

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
2,387
Reaction score
0
i never like zuji. all the calls are outsourced to India CSO. vomit blood talking to these SSSS.

They cant commit anything over the phone. Kept on asking me to call back again and they will check with the issuing agent.

for hotel booking, I still refer wotif. fast and efficent
 

moimoi11

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Hmm, different people have different preference lah. Mine was based on to enjoy the holiday first, get a room, rest and enjoy the rest of my holiday, then after holiday then settle the problem. Some people may like to settle the problem once and for all during the holiday, but I would like to enjoy my holiday first, then settle the problem afterwards.

Ah... thats true i guess.. But ifs me i will be worrried abt whether i will get back my money after that.. Haha.. Scaredy cat..

But thanks for the tip abt getting round routing to india.. Will use it for every hotline i call... Haaa
 

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2001
Messages
7,629
Reaction score
6
I hate talking to Zuji's customer service as well. Calls get routed to an Indian call centre. In the end I googled for the office of the head office in Singapore and called the marketing manager directly. :s13:
 

MEGASILVER

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2003
Messages
793
Reaction score
0
I think what the TS did is a lot less trouble than what you suggested. Its only a room reservation. Eventually things worked out fine. He's just complaining abt the customer support.

To TS, things go wrong once in a while, especially during travels. just relax and resolve it. Dont let it affect ur trip.

And just to add, i dont use zuji at all. my emquires to them came back with std template replies. So pretty much know their level of customer service.

What does TS stand for? lol
 

Annamolly123

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2018
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
So i made a huge mistake of booking through zuji travel agency online. What happened was when they asked for first name and last name I put in my first and last name, leaving the middle name out.

Because i saw that on the tab above my full name was already entered. Little did i know that the e- tix that they sent me didn't have my middle name.

So for privacy, just take my name as Apple fruit Orange.

So what i keyed in was Apple Orange.

zuji sent me an email directing me to their travelport website, which is a link to download the e-tix. On that it shows Orange Apple Miss.

I keyed in Apple Orange Miss but somehow it came up reveresed.

So i talk to their online customer service person. Asking her if i can add my middle name.

She told me to cancel and then book again with an admin fee of $70 to Zuji. After many arguments, I sent her a copy of my passport. She looked through and told me now there's a USD$50 charge for changing the sequence of the name on top of the $70 admin fee for correcting the name that she told me before.

And again after many arguments, asking her if im just changing one name why re there 2 charges.

She told me for name correction: USD $50 and zuji admin fee $70.

But in the beginning, when I asked her how much i would have to pay for 1) Changing name 2) Cancellation

1)she told me admin fee of $70 for correcting name.

2)Cancellation of flight is also $70.

But after she saw my passport name, suddenly there's an extra USD $50 payable to Singapore airlines for changing the name. Shady much?

And worst of all is, I contacted them less than an hour of booking my flight, and they still want me to pay full fees. Not to say their services are total crap.

In the end, I decided to cancel the flight with $70 charge and get back the flight money.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top