HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wechat wallet

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2019, 06:52 AM   #526

Is alipay able to send and receive money ? Or only wechat blocked it ?
If you are going to sign up for Alipay now, you can not do anything, you will not be able to finish the real name authentication without a mainland China bank card. You will not be able to receive money and therefore can not send money. This is the case of my testing Alipay account -- received RMB10 but the money is in pending status waiting for real name authentication.

If you have existing fund inside Alipay, then you should still be able to spend money. I think you will not be able to top-up.

Same for your wechat wallet, even though your account can not top up now, you should still be able to spend the money left in the wallet.
JT2008 likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 29-04-2019 at 06:54 AM..
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 12:27 PM   #527

I last time use my Singapore passport to verify my Alipay a/c. Although I dont have full capability as I dont have China bank card, at least I can ask people to daifu and send me RMB to my Alipay a/c. Dont know now it still works
sango65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 02:09 PM   #528

I last time use my Singapore passport to verify my Alipay a/c. Although I dont have full capability as I dont have China bank card, at least I can ask people to daifu and send me RMB to my Alipay a/c. Dont know now it still works
The tightening started last year.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #529

Does this work?
Old 10-05-2019, 05:45 PM   #530

Does this work?
No. This no longer works if you do not have a mainland China bank card.

Basically Alipay is for Chinese citizens or foreigners living in China. But I know there are people who got lucky and got the bank card when visiting China as a tourist.

Official Alipay instructions
https://cshall.alipay.com/lab/help_d...help_id=215132

港澳台及海外用户申请个人认证流程
1 登录支付宝账户( www.alipay.com),点击【账户设置】—【基本信息】—【立即认证】

2 进入认证页面,点击【立即认证】

3 进入到身份验证页面,选择国家地区(图例:中国香港)。填写好姓名、证件号码、证件有效期,选择好出生日期,换证次数后点击证件有效期下面的“确认并提交”按钮

4) 身份信息补全成功后,可选择用“银行卡验证”方式

温馨提示:因为产品目前正在升级,证件扫脸认证暂时无法使用。请您使用大陆地区开户银行卡进行认证。

如选择银行卡验证,则进入绑卡页,直接进入快捷绑定环节:

注:
(1)该卡需要是中国大陆发行的卡
(2)如需进一步补全身份信息,获取更多账户功能,不同地区,需要上传的证件也不同:
台湾用户可提供:台湾居民来往大陆通行证(简称台胞证,只提交基本身份信息页即可)
海外用户可提供:护照(上传时提交基本身份信息页+入境盖章页)
港澳用户可提供:港澳居民来往内地通行证(只提交基本身份信息面即可,纸质通行证或塑料卡两种)

如选择“扫脸验证”,PC端进入引导扫二维码至APP端扫脸验证:

Last edited by xiaofan; 10-05-2019 at 05:47 PM..
Old 12-05-2019, 10:59 AM   #531

No. This no longer works if you do not have a mainland China bank card.

Basically Alipay is for Chinese citizens or foreigners living in China. But I know there are people who got lucky and got the bank card when visiting China as a tourist.

Official Alipay instructions
https://cshall.alipay.com/lab/help_d...help_id=215132

港澳台及海外用户申请个人认证流程
1 登录支付宝账户( www.alipay.com),点击【账户设置】—【基本信息】—【立即认证】

2 进入认证页面,点击【立即认证】

3 进入到身份验证页面,选择国家地区(图例:中国香港)。填写好姓名、证件号码、证件有效期,选择好出生日期,换证次数后点击证件有效期下面的“确认并提交”按钮

4) 身份信息补全成功后,可选择用“银行卡验证”方式

温馨提示:因为产品目前正在升级,证件扫脸认证暂时无法使用。请您使用大陆地区开户银行卡进行认证。

如选择银行卡验证,则进入绑卡页,直接进入快捷绑定环节:

注:
(1)该卡需要是中国大陆发行的卡
(2)如需进一步补全身份信息,获取更多账户功能,不同地区,需要上传的证件也不同:
台湾用户可提供:台湾居民来往大陆通行证(简称台胞证,只提交基本身份信息页即可)
港澳用户可提供:港澳居民来往内地通行证(只提交基本身份信息面即可,纸质通行证或塑料卡两种)

如选择“扫脸验证”,PC端进入引导扫二维码至APP端扫脸验证:
Yep, I completed steps 1 to 3 using my Singapore passport, I can see my Alipay wallet, but I cant topup as I dont have China bank card, so I use daifu service and ask someone to send me RMB to my Alipay a/c

Old 12-05-2019, 01:14 PM   #532

Yep, I completed steps 1 to 3 using my Singapore passport, I can see my Alipay wallet, but I cant topup as I dont have China bank card, so I use daifu service and ask someone to send me RMB to my Alipay a/c

Yes I know there are 3rd party services which seem to still work -- like in your case you are still be able to top up your Alipay wallet with 3rd parry services. Same for WeChat Pay.

I do not know how they do it to bypass the system. Maybe they have real/fake bank cards or real/fake Chinese ID cards temporarily linked to your account to fool the system.

Have you tried different 3rd party services? Supposedly if they link to a mainland China bank card, the name got logged in the system and could not be changed again. So the second 3rd party service may not work if the system detected a different name.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:44 PM   #533

do you use it often?
helloamberchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:59 PM   #534

for a few times, purchase items in 1688 platform

Old 15-05-2019, 05:09 PM   #535
XER

I saw some Singapore merchant able to receive Alipay payment. How does this work? Would the local merchant being paid in Singapore by Alipay user have credits in their Alipay account to be able to use it normally in China?
XER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 06:35 PM   #536

I saw some Singapore merchant able to receive Alipay payment. How does this work? Would the local merchant being paid in Singapore by Alipay user have credits in their Alipay account to be able to use it normally in China?
I believe that is different. That is B2B (business to business) arrangement between Alipay and the local merchants. The local merchant will receive payment from Alipay in SGD or USD.

Alipay and WeChat Pay are meant for Chinese Citizens and foreigners living in China. They build up business relationship with foreign merchants to expand the usage of Alipay and WeChat Pay for the Chinese Citizens who go overseas for business or for leasure (tourists).

Alipay (and Alipay) also increasingly invested in foreign payment companies to gain a foothold. Wechat Pay (Tencent) is lagging behind in this case.

Ref: https://www.businessinsider.com/ant-...s-2019-3/?IR=T

Quote from the above article.
Alipay's rapid product and market expansion efforts have been proving successful so far: Chinese tourists paid for 32% of transactions overseas with their phones in 2018, overtaking cash for the first time overseas, which can likely be attributed to the widening availability of mobile payments in popular tourist destinations.

Last edited by xiaofan; 15-05-2019 at 06:39 PM..
Old 16-05-2019, 09:08 AM   #537
XER

I believe that is different. That is B2B (business to business) arrangement between Alipay and the local merchants. The local merchant will receive payment from Alipay in SGD or USD.

Alipay and WeChat Pay are meant for Chinese Citizens and foreigners living in China. They build up business relationship with foreign merchants to expand the usage of Alipay and WeChat Pay for the Chinese Citizens who go overseas for business or for leasure (tourists).

Alipay (and Alipay) also increasingly invested in foreign payment companies to gain a foothold. Wechat Pay (Tencent) is lagging behind in this case.

Ref: https://www.businessinsider.com/ant-...s-2019-3/?IR=T

Quote from the above article.
Alipay's rapid product and market expansion efforts have been proving successful so far: Chinese tourists paid for 32% of transactions overseas with their phones in 2018, overtaking cash for the first time overseas, which can likely be attributed to the widening availability of mobile payments in popular tourist destinations.
But the merchant being paid by alipay will have money in their alipay account. Can this be used normally then?
Old 16-05-2019, 09:32 AM   #538

But the merchant being paid by alipay will have money in their alipay account. Can this be used normally then?
I believe they do not have normal Alipay account. You can ask the merchant.

Not sure where you are coming from though. What do you want to achieve?

Last edited by xiaofan; 16-05-2019 at 09:34 AM..
Old 16-05-2019, 11:35 AM   #539
XER

register as an alipay merchant to receive money and then use alipay to pay for things. since there is a restriction on foreigner using alipay.
Old 16-05-2019, 12:41 PM   #540

register as an alipay merchant to receive money and then use alipay to pay for things. since there is a restriction on foreigner using alipay.
I see. Then you should check with the merchant and Alipay directly.

However I am pretty sure you will not achieve what you want.

Still good example of thinking out of the box.

Last edited by xiaofan; 16-05-2019 at 12:57 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.