Wechat wallet

artered

Reaction score
Tried linking youtrip to wechat but it says invalid after completion? The card has been added but like cannot pay with youtrip

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried linking youtrip to wechat but it says invalid after completion? The card has been added but like cannot pay with youtrip

Try Alipay Tour Pass, scroll up for more info. Wechat Wallet is not yet working.

Try the following inside Alipay App after you added your Singapore bank card.

Ok. I managed to find it.
At home screen of app, search TourPass.
Click on TourPass.
After keying particulars, you will have a “virtual” bank of shanghai pre-paid card that allows you to make payment via QR code and scan-to-pay.

You can pay Street vendors and apps but not inside Taobao app.

Last edited:

Standing Birdy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Trying to use alipay tour pass
I filled in everything and took photo of passport
But nothing happens after I click confirm & pay
Alipay-Tour-Pass-Confirmation-768x1320.jpg

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, how come I don't see a wechat pay option on the phone after clicking me?

It is like this for new sign-up. Anyway you can not top up now even if you activate the Wallet option (say by asking your friend to send you a red packet and then you add a Singapore credit card, you will most likely see the wallet, but you will not be able to receive the red packet and the money will return to your friend).

Use Alipay better now. Scroll up a few posts for more info.

Or go to the Alipay thread.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/china-316/alipay-china-5743833-2.html

Last edited:

JT2008

Reaction score
There is an option in WeChat to pay be Credit card. Need to submit proper documents though. Have not try out....

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is an option in WeChat to pay be Credit card. Need to submit proper documents though. Have not try out....

Yes but only for limited use case like 12306, CTrip, Jingdong and Didi, not for payment like apps (eg QQ Music) or street vendor. Scroll back a few posts for more details.

JT2008

Reaction score
Yes but only for limited use case like 12306, CTrip, Jingdong and Didi, not for payment like apps (eg QQ Music) or street vendor. Scroll back a few posts for more details.

Good news is WeChat has activated foreign credit card payment.
Managed to pay起点读书 just now using Youtrip after submitted my documents.

:s12::s12::s12:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good news is WeChat has activated foreign credit card payment.
Managed to pay起点读书 just now using Youtrip after submitted my documents.

:s12::s12::s12:

Glad to know that. I still use my balance (about RMB2600 left) to pay for apps and top up my China Mobile SIM card (to register for some apps and receive SMS OTP). Most recently I paid RMB180 for QQ Music VIP (buy one year to get one more year free).

This must be a new development, because it is still reported last Friday that foreigners could not pay through WeChat Pay, only Alipay could work.

BTW, which documents do you submit for 实名认证? Previously no need to submit Passport, only need to add a Singapore credit card. Now it seems to me they need the passport.

Side topic: I use 微信读书and no need to pay as they give you up to 10 书币 for 5 hours of reading and then you can use that to pay for more books.

Last edited:

JT2008

Reaction score
I submitted my passport and selfie photo when selecting credit card for payment.

I have been paying 起点 for many years. 10 书币definitely i think just enough to read few chapters

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I submitted my passport and selfie photo when selecting credit card for payment.

I have been paying 起点 for many years. 10 书币definitely i think just enough to read few chapters

Thanks for the info.

Yes you are right that 10书币 is roughly good for about 66 short chapters for 微信读书. But I have managed to read quite a few long books without paying for the past few years. But 起点 is also well-known.

goh5560

Reaction score
I have try Alipay using the Tourpass, it work perfectly. Any one here successfully activated on wechat with credit card, can share?

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
I have try Alipay using the Tourpass, it work perfectly. Any one here successfully activated on wechat with credit card, can share?
WeChat nope. Alipay is allowing foreigners to use it finally. See above few threads.

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L29 using GAGT

comex_1

Reaction score
Few month ago I did the following and managed receive Money.

Open Wechat, tap Discover on the bottom, search Wallet, open my wallet, select Money, select receive money, this will bring you to the ID verification process, select passport select Singapore......

after valification, your wechat now got Wallet function. you can add VISA card to it.

to receive money, log on to Wechat on Desktop computer, ask someone send money to you.

you may or may not succeful.
good luck .

So wechat not implement yet, any bro who have successfully did it let us know

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how does one with no friends unblock wechat account due to suspicious activity? :(

Unfortunately that happens very often for new sign-up now. It happened to me recently as well for one new account I created.

They are very aggressive now in this aspect. I have no idea how they determin suspicious activity when one just created the account and almost did nothing.

I think if you create the account and then immediately verify your account by adding the credit and/or passport info, this will not happen.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.