HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wechat wallet

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2019, 05:05 PM   #781
Master Member

Yup just maintain about 500 RMB inside.

Btw take note that many remittance services now can only remit funds to China accounts registered to mainland China IDs. Before last weekend BOC sg can still transfer to China accounts opened with passports. Apparently there was a new regulation in China few days ago. The ones below will not work:

- DBS China remit
- BOC sg RMB pre-settlement account
- Worldremit
- Transferwise
- Worldfirst

Xendpay still works for now.
how about instarem, revolut, ofx etc.?
ftpofmpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2019, 06:06 PM   #782
Supremacy Member

I usually use Raffles Money Change in Jurong Point and I do not remember the need to put the other side's Chinese ID info.

You can try it as well.
https://www.raffles1.net/remittance.php

The PDF form does not require the receiver's ID info.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2019, 07:14 PM   #783
Master Member

Instarem do not deal with end user in China.
Only for businesses.

Most remittance companies needed to China ID.
Thou I have never asked if I can xfer to my own account.
zzxxzzxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2019, 11:17 PM   #784
High Supremacy Member

Anyone got the wechat wallet to appear? I changed to chinese but it still does not appear in my options

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 7 using GAGT
Sausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2019, 11:29 PM   #785
Supremacy Member

Anyone got the wechat wallet to appear? I changed to chinese but it still does not appear in my options

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 7 using GAGT
Just ask someone with proper WeChat account to send RMB1 red packet to you and then follow the instructions.
Old 29-12-2019, 01:01 AM   #786

Just ask someone with proper WeChat account to send RMB1 red packet to you and then follow the instructions.
tried leh. cannot accept the red packet
teepoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2019, 06:31 AM   #787
Supremacy Member

tried leh. cannot accept the red packet
That is correct. You asked how to activate the wallet function and that was the way.

But then you will not be able to top up by yourself since you will not be able to receive red packets or receive transfers without linking to a China bank card.

It is easier to use Alipay now. Activate Tourpass first, then ask others to transfer to you. Then you can use both Tourpass prepaid account (up to RMB 5000, valid for 90 days) and Alipay balance (limit unknown, valid for long time).

If you still want to use WeChat Pay, go to 3rd party top up services. Not so sure how they work though.
Old 29-12-2019, 11:43 AM   #788

also to note that Didi cannot be linked to tourpass, only alipay wallet.
Just came back from Yunnan and Didi is working with my tourpass. I used the didi mini program from Alipay, after setting start and destination, I need to prepaid a certain amount. During payment you can select the Shanghai prepaid card which is tourpass. The unused amount will be refunded back to you after the trip.
pustefix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2019, 09:53 PM   #789

Hi anyone knows how to transfer unused funds from Alipay wallet back to the credit card?
senght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2019, 12:01 PM   #790
Supremacy Member

Hi anyone knows how to transfer unused funds from Alipay wallet back to the credit card?
Wait for the account to expire (90days).
Old 12-01-2020, 11:51 AM   #791
High Supremacy Member

Don't go for the top-tier banks to open the account. Your best bet will be the rural banks as there are less stringent. Try not to open them in top-tier cities too. Very likely to get rejected.

And yes, to open a bank account, a local Chinese SIM card is required. It's used for SMS verification.

Adelson -You cannot saturate a 4 billion-person market.
Velton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 09:05 PM   #792
Supremacy Member

That is correct. You asked how to activate the wallet function and that was the way.

But then you will not be able to top up by yourself since you will not be able to receive red packets or receive transfers without linking to a China bank card.

It is easier to use Alipay now. Activate Tourpass first, then ask others to transfer to you. Then you can use both Tourpass prepaid account (up to RMB 5000, valid for 90 days) and Alipay balance (limit unknown, valid for long time).

If you still want to use WeChat Pay, go to 3rd party top up services. Not so sure how they work though.
BTW, some prior reports say that you can use WeChat PC version to top up by receiving red packets or transfer from others. You can give that a try.
Old 14-01-2020, 12:37 AM   #793
Master Member

hey guys! i will be heading to shanghai tomorrow, and i have linked my cc to wechat pay. my wechat wallet as 0 yuan.

i was thinking, is it possible if i can use the cc linked to wechat pay, to pay for didi rides? i have already linked didi to wechat, though i was only able to select cash.

i wasn't able to link my cc to didi directly - it was stuck in the loading screen for ages.
bjornng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 07:45 AM   #794
Supremacy Member

hey guys! i will be heading to shanghai tomorrow, and i have linked my cc to wechat pay. my wechat wallet as 0 yuan.

i was thinking, is it possible if i can use the cc linked to wechat pay, to pay for didi rides? i have already linked didi to wechat, though i was only able to select cash.

i wasn't able to link my cc to didi directly - it was stuck in the loading screen for ages.
Yes you can use Singapore CC to pay for Didi within WeChat app.

Me -- Wechat Pay -- Powered by Third-Party Operator --Ride Hailing.

That is the Didi Mini program (滴滴出行微信小程序).
Old 14-01-2020, 03:30 PM   #795
Master Member

Yes you can use Singapore CC to pay for Didi within WeChat app.

Me -- Wechat Pay -- Powered by Third-Party Operator --Ride Hailing.

That is the Didi Mini program (滴滴出行微信小程序).
Ohh okok! Would it be possible for me to book via Didi app directly ? And link it to WeChat pay for the payment?
bjornng is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.