HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wechat wallet

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2020, 07:48 PM   #796
Master Member

Ohh okok! Would it be possible for me to book via Didi app directly ? And link it to WeChat pay for the payment?
Not so sure about this one. You can try it.

By right you can link your SG CC in the Didi app but not so sure why you are not able to do that.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2020, 09:20 PM   #797
Master Member

Not so sure about this one. You can try it.

By right you can link your SG CC in the Didi app but not so sure why you are not able to do that.
Thanks. Yeah itís pretty weird. It doesnít load past.

Anyway, itís quite user unfriendly for me. For eg, yesterday I kept facing the error which says daily payment limit reached, when j never did any. Suddenly, I was able to pay for one. And right now, Iím following the same method I did yesterday for successful payment, and it says daily payment limit reached again (>24hours already). Honestly feels like a hit and miss for it.

Edit: Now my payment account is frozen for trying to input my card too many times. Seriously.....Iím still pending a payment to Didi!

Last edited by bjornng; 16-01-2020 at 09:59 AM..
bjornng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2020, 11:27 AM   #798

1. Yes you can have wechat wallet on international version of wechat, but if you signed up with a non china phone number you'll have to ask someone with WeChat wallet to send you some money or angbao to activate it.

2. If you don't have China bank card, the only way to top up is to ask someone to transfer money to you. There's also 3rd party services where you pay them in SGD and they'll send you money via wechat.

*But since last year, foreigners without a China bank cards no longer able to receive funds in wechat wallet. You still can spend it though with your balance left in your wallet, just can't receive any funds unless u open a bank account in china. You may want to consider using Alipay as foreigners still able to receive funds without China bank card currently, provided you have done real name authentication with your passport and selfie from app settings.

Hi, I have a few questions about this.

1) is it possible to have wechat wallet in the international version of wechat?

2) if 1) is possible, how can I top up the wallet while I am in Singapore & have no China bank card and etc.
ongxiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2020, 10:53 AM   #799

tried and tested method

Hi All, reluctant to share this because had been trying to top up since last year and was restricted by the changes to their banking act. short of flying to china to open a bank account, there seems to be no way after months of trying...

looked through forums and websites and gave up after months of finding a loophole. recently wechat opened up to partner with the pay merchants like visa and mastercard and i believe it opened up a way. not the most eager to share as the more ppl know about this, the more its faster they close this loophole. but i remembered the struggle and frustrations last year when i couldnt top up so just want to help here.

first of all, my rationale for not using alipay instead is because all my frens are on wechat platform and asking all of them for their alipay account is a little troublesome. and i use it mostly to send hongbao to my frens in china so less about being able to purchase stuff in the mainland.

anyways gonna give a clue here, i tried all the methods mentioned here and one of them worked, so if you need the top up badly, go read some of the suggestions here. I was successful from another source but i see someone here mentioned the same method.

the setup is you need definitely to activate your wallet by binding a credit card, then next for the i-bank card step notification, i got around it by another way.

thks.

Last edited by carpediemon; 22-01-2020 at 01:07 PM..
carpediemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2020, 08:03 PM   #800
Master Member

Hi All, reluctant to share this because had been trying to top up since last year and was restricted by the changes to their banking act.
anyways gonna give a clue here, i tried all the methods mentioned here and one of them worked, so if you need the top up badly, go read some of the suggestions here. I was successful from another source but i see someone here mentioned the same method.
Other than 3rd party top up services, the only reported working workaround is to use Wechat PC version to receive transfer from others with proper Wechat account. Not so sure if it is working or not.

Last edited by xiaofan; 22-01-2020 at 12:53 PM..
Old 22-01-2020, 11:42 AM   #801

Seriously if reluctant to share perhaps it’s best not to share.

Don’t ask for monetary rewards either; read forum rules.
SibehHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 01:09 PM   #802

Seriously if reluctant to share perhaps it’s best not to share.

Don’t ask for monetary rewards either; read forum rules.
Ok noted. I had edited my post. Won’t be asking for token sum. Basically Xiaofan is right and i just read the alipay thread which had mentioned this in greater detail. Go explore yourself. If it doesnt work for you its because it is only workable for a certain OS for a certain option i.e the hongbao function will not work. i had responded to all the pm that asked about this.

Last edited by carpediemon; 22-01-2020 at 01:35 PM..
carpediemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 03:50 PM   #803
Master Member

dealing with wechat customer service is a bloody pain in the a**. i submit 5 tickets to unfreeze my wechat pay account, and all of them replied back asking me for the same info (credit card info) when i hve already attached the picture upon submitting of ticket. the worst thing is there isn't any reply to the ticket - they just close it and i have to reopen another ticket handled by someone new who probably will give me the same answer.

don't know what kind of system they are handling back there. super backward and not helpful at all.
bjornng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:52 AM   #804
Master Member

New to wechat wallet.

Under my wechat there is a wallet icon.
I brought something from taobao and the seller is giving me angbao rebate

She ask for my WX号多少?

1.is she asking for the the mobile number I register for wechat or my wechat ID?

2.what do I need to do to my wechat pay in order for me to receive?

Last edited by zuppeur; 06-02-2020 at 09:24 AM..
zuppeur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:42 PM   #805
Master Member

New to wechat wallet.

Under my wechat there is a wallet icon.
I brought something from taobao and the seller is giving me angbao rebate

She ask for my WX号多少?

1.is she asking for the the mobile number I register for wechat or my wechat ID?

2.what do I need to do to my wechat pay in order for me to receive?
1) Either one is okay. I think it is better to give the WeChat ID.

2) Unfortunate it is basically not possible to receive red packet now with WeChat Pay without linking to a mainland China bank card. Some say it is possible with WeChat PC version, YMMV.

Maybe it is easier to buy another item from the seller in this case.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.