Malaysia prepaid card

boonkang

Reaction score
Got it. I googled what is USSD code. I tried *126#, the line is not activated and need to dial 016 2211800 to activate it.

According to that Community link I gave earlier, the line can only be activated using their local network...

If you really want to do it, can try somewhere near the causeway if you're not going over yet. I've tried places like the Kopitiam in Kranji MRT Station, but can't remember which networks, though.

Can also try Woodlands jetty (postal code 757446), or HDB block nearby (postal code 730215), or areas around there.

The last time I visit there -- Woodlands jetty -- I can get Maxis, Celcom & Digi signals on my phone.

I wonder if -- people who lives in HDB near Woodlands jetty need to be (always) careful when making & receiving calls on their phone. Can easily connect to M'sia telcos on their phone & end up making or receiving roaming calls on their phones.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can also try Woodlands jetty (postal code 757446), or HDB block nearby (postal code 730215), or areas around there.

The last time I visit there -- Woodlands jetty -- I can get Maxis, Celcom & Digi signals on my phone.

I wonder if -- people who lives in HDB near Woodlands jetty need to be (always) careful when making & receiving calls on their phone. Can easily connect to M'sia telcos on their phone & end up making or receiving roaming calls on their phones.

I think not letting your devices auto-scan networks may help in such a case? Most of the time I scan manually.

Not only there, actually. Someone shared before that he could get MY network from Bugis too. And from that East Coast road safety park, I also got MY or IND network when sending an SMS. :s22:

When I used to need MY network to do something, I went to the comfort of the Kranji kopitiam. But that's quite a while back already. =:p

maxyorkie

Reaction score

According to that Community link I gave earlier, the line can only be activated using their local network...

If you really want to do it, can try somewhere near the causeway if you're not going over yet. I've tried places like the Kopitiam in Kranji MRT Station, but can't remember which networks, though.

Thanks guys for the suggestion. I'll take note of it.

Any suggestion for top-up in City/Komtar or KSL based on actual price and not jack up by the seller?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the suggestion. I'll take note of it.

Any suggestion for top-up in City/Komtar or KSL based on actual price and not jack up by the seller?

Top-up cards? I've not come across anyone selling above the actual value, for top-up...

Just remember to check the expiry date before you leave the shop.

jen1512

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I buy a Digi card and then it expires, I must go back to JB to top up, but even so it only extends for one day? Then if it expires completely, I can still register for another prepaid sim under Digi?

Really sorry but I'm v confused even after reading the forum... Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

kitkat2

Reaction score
If I buy a Digi card and then it expires, I must go back to JB to top up, but even so it only extends for one day? Then if it expires completely, I can still register for another prepaid sim under Digi?

Really sorry but I'm v confused even after reading the forum... Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

have you used prepaid before? first read this article to understand prepaid sim card lifecycle.

https://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Validity_of_SIM_cards

sendhalp

Reaction score
For digi, they have if I'm not wrong 50 or 75 days of inactive days

Prepaid cards in Malaysia have 3 phases.
1) Active
2) Inactive
3) Termination

First is active, during the active phase is where you can do your usual normal call and receive sms etc.

The amount that you top denotes the number of days that you are active. Eg, if you top up 1RM, than you are active for only 1 day. 10rm, 10 days of active days and so on

Once your card is not in the active stage, you can still receive SMS and if I'm not wrong also receive calls, BUT not allow to make calls and also to use DATA. I know that for Hotlink they have 50 days of Inactive days, Digi is 75 if I'm not wrong.

During your inactive days, you just need to top up any amount and then you are back to the active phase.

Lastly, if you didn't top up during your inactive phase, then you will move on to the termination phase. At this phase, you can't top up and the only way to get back the number is to contact the CSO. But advisable to just get a new number at this stage.

Tips

I'm always in Singapore and on and off I do go over to JB. I have my Hotlink app in my phone. I usually buy 4 X 5RM reload ticket from the phone stall, the one that you come down to take bus to KSL etc. In Singapore, I can load the app, and then enter the pin of the reload ticket. This is my way of extending the validity of my prepaid number.

For Digi, there is the extend validity option for 1RM in the app. Just tap that and then you can extend your validity:)

Actually it is not difficult to maintain a Malaysia prepaid number, as long as you keep track of the active and inactive days:D

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For digi, they have if I'm not wrong 50 or 75 days of inactive days
To add...

Digi Best has 75 days, and Digi Live 90 days. But with only Digi Live available at dealers now, will have to check their website for any updates.

This Inactive Period is the grace period for user to top up before the prepaid account is terminated. AFAIK, Hotlink has stopped reactivating terminated cards... Digi doesn't do it... don't know about the rest.

Offhand, the only exception with top-up validity, is OneXOX which is an MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) riding on Celcom network. For this, each RM1 extends the validity by 1 more day.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OneXOX App Error

Just realized these couple of days that the OneXOX app has gone bonkers.

Despite it having been updated, I keep on getting the pop-up box to update the app. Cannot access, otherwise.

IF this app is gone for good, or bad... I know only their USSD codes are FOC while roaming. SMS, though to their 5-digit number/s are chargeable, I think RM2.50 each.

I hardly ever touched their USSD codes since I started using the app. Every now and then, got charged for "roaming SMS" that I've no clue nor record of. Their website's (selfcare) statement is hopeless with data that's non-existent when you need to see the (?) charges.

Is anyone here still actively using your OneXOX card with USSD codes? Care to share some of the more frequent ones you use?

SibehHL

Reaction score
Just realized these couple of days that the OneXOX app has gone bonkers.

Despite it having been updated, I keep on getting the pop-up box to update the app. Cannot access, otherwise.

Can access my account without any issues....

SibehHL

Reaction score
Have you done the latest update? I think that's the thing causing it.

Many feedback on their app review in Play Store too.

On App version 1.3.15, assume you are on 1.3.16?

Walau like this I better not update

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please refer to the link for more information - DiGi FAQs on the 6% Service Tax

1. How much do customers have to pay for a new Prepaid starter pack after 1 Sept 2018?
From 1 Sept 2018, Digi customers pay the published rate of RM8.00 that is printed on the SIM packs, which is inclusive of 6% Service Tax. At the same time, customers receive a revised preloaded credit of RM5.00.

2. Before 1 Sept 2018, I enjoyed 0% GST rebate upon reload. Will I get rebates if I reload after 1 Sept 2018?
When you activate your reload after 1 Sept 2018, the airtime value received will be after the 6% Service Tax has been deducted upon successful reload. Example, for a RM10 reload, you would receive RM9.43 airtime with RM0.57 deducted for Service Tax.

boonkang

Reaction score
Please refer to the link for more information - DiGi FAQs on the 6% Service Tax

1. How much do customers have to pay for a new Prepaid starter pack after 1 Sept 2018?
From 1 Sept 2018, Digi customers pay the published rate of RM8.00 that is printed on the SIM packs, which is inclusive of 6% Service Tax. At the same time, customers receive a revised preloaded credit of RM5.00.

2. Before 1 Sept 2018, I enjoyed 0% GST rebate upon reload. Will I get rebates if I reload after 1 Sept 2018?
When you activate your reload after 1 Sept 2018, the airtime value received will be after the 6% Service Tax has been deducted upon successful reload. Example, for a RM10 reload, you would receive RM9.43 airtime with RM0.57 deducted for Service Tax.

AFAIK,

SST (Sales & Service Tax) is applicable to (all) M'sia telcos from 1st Sep 2018, not just Digi.

Some links that discuss SST on M'sia prepaid:
https://www.soyacincau.com/2018/08/31/malaysia-prepaid-sst-6-pct-tax-rm10-reload-get-rm9-43/
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4648591/all

To cushion the effect of SST, some M'sia telcos are throwing in certain freebies when you reload/top up your M'sia prepaid.

E.g. Digi gives FREE 100MB data -- only valid for 24hrs -- when you reload RM10 to your Digi prepaid, but you need to dial *888*1# (after you reload) on your Digi prepaid to redeem.

For more info on the Digi FREE data given when you reload/top up your Digi prepaid, see HERE:
https://community.digi.com.my/t5/Prepaid/Reload-and-enjoy-FREE-Internet/ta-p/47956

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AFAIK,

SST (Sales & Service Tax) is applicable to (all) M'sia telcos from 1st Sep 2018, not just Digi.

I was just sharing what I came across while checking on something else; had no time to go into detail.

This SST is a nationwide thing, it's obvious will be applied to many other organizations. Just a matter of how they put it across.

:)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.