Malaysia prepaid card

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both rest-stops in Yong Peng (Happy Garden and Ming Ann), last I was there, they'd Digi at cost as well as higher prices for some "nicer" numbers.

Didn't take note if they'd other telco cards, though.

maxyorkie

Reaction score
Got a KL friend to buy Digi live and when I inserted the SIM card, TAC number will be sent via sms. I didn't receive the sms. must do this when in JB? tia.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

maxyorkie

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

My friend couldn't recall whether he has activated the card.The TAC appears when I keyed in the number in the digi app.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

My friend couldn't recall whether he has activated the card.The TAC appears when I keyed in the number in the digi app.

Ah, you're trying to register/log in to your Digi app! Now I get it.

Is your Digi SIM card in your phone, and if so, are you getting a line?

maxyorkie

Reaction score
Sorry, my mistake. I wasn't clear in my earlier message.

I can see Starhub signal so I guess the card is activated. The TAC number I was referring was signing to the digi app.

maxyorkie

Reaction score
Ah, you're trying to register/log in to your Digi app! Now I get it.

Is your Digi SIM card in your phone, and if so, are you getting a line?

Yes, that's correct. My apology, I was in a hurry and providing the the incorrect input. Yes, I get Starhub signal.Signing in to digi app needs the TAC number.

maxyorkie

Reaction score
Got it. I googled what is USSD code. I tried *126#, the line is not activated and need to dial 016 2211800 to activate it.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got it. I googled what is USSD code. I tried *126#, the line is not activated and need to dial 016 2211800 to activate it.

According to that Community link I gave earlier, the line can only be activated using their local network...

If you really want to do it, can try somewhere near the causeway if you're not going over yet. I've tried places like the Kopitiam in Kranji MRT Station, but can't remember which networks, though.

boonkang

Reaction score

According to that Community link I gave earlier, the line can only be activated using their local network...

If you really want to do it, can try somewhere near the causeway if you're not going over yet. I've tried places like the Kopitiam in Kranji MRT Station, but can't remember which networks, though.

Can also try Woodlands jetty (postal code 757446), or HDB block nearby (postal code 730215), or areas around there.

The last time I visit there -- Woodlands jetty -- I can get Maxis, Celcom & Digi signals on my phone.

I wonder if -- people who lives in HDB near Woodlands jetty need to be (always) careful when making & receiving calls on their phone. Can easily connect to M'sia telcos on their phone & end up making or receiving roaming calls on their phones.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can also try Woodlands jetty (postal code 757446), or HDB block nearby (postal code 730215), or areas around there.

The last time I visit there -- Woodlands jetty -- I can get Maxis, Celcom & Digi signals on my phone.

I wonder if -- people who lives in HDB near Woodlands jetty need to be (always) careful when making & receiving calls on their phone. Can easily connect to M'sia telcos on their phone & end up making or receiving roaming calls on their phones.

I think not letting your devices auto-scan networks may help in such a case? Most of the time I scan manually.

Not only there, actually. Someone shared before that he could get MY network from Bugis too. And from that East Coast road safety park, I also got MY or IND network when sending an SMS. :s22:

When I used to need MY network to do something, I went to the comfort of the Kranji kopitiam. But that's quite a while back already. =:p

maxyorkie

Reaction score

Thanks guys for the suggestion. I'll take note of it.

Any suggestion for top-up in City/Komtar or KSL based on actual price and not jack up by the seller?

tiertime

Master Member
Reaction score

Any suggestion for top-up in City/Komtar or KSL based on actual price and not jack up by the seller?

JBCC - buy from my news
KSL buy from Tesco

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Top-up cards? I've not come across anyone selling above the actual value, for top-up...

Just remember to check the expiry date before you leave the shop.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.