Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Today I tried to trade Yoma on SCB & found out that I was not able to search on this stock. Called SCB & was told that this stock is restricted & cannot be traded in SCB.I asked if there would be a list of restricted stocks & was told unable to provide,they could not provide me the reason on the restriction either. So punters out there, be forewarn if you think all SGX stocks can be traded or transferred from CDP acct to SCB.
Better check whether it is not restricted in SCB.Yoma being a high volume play stock....there can be more out there.

Scb got play contra one ah? Why got restricted list one? And it's Yoma lehh.. What about tt int, gsh corp, aussino, new generation etc??

bencheongcm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Scb got play contra one ah? Why got restricted list one? And it's Yoma lehh.. What about tt int, gsh corp, aussino, new generation etc??

no contra

think scb a bit copy UOBKH
those high risk counter they brock

Let me tell you all why e.g yoma cannot be traded on SCB. SCB said is because yoma has dealings in myramar which USA has sanctions over myanmar which some on their brokers which handles the share over europe e.g UBS has dealings with some USA banks. This cause them to resist to dealing some shares.

then again disclaimer applies* and this is not anyone guess I got a letter from SCB :o

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
no contra

Let me tell you all why e.g yoma cannot be traded on SCB. SCB said is because yoma has dealings in myramar which USA has sanctions over myanmar which some on their brokers which handles the share over europe e.g UBS has dealings with some USA banks. This cause them to resist to dealing some shares.

then again disclaimer applies* and this is not anyone guess I got a letter from SCB :o

then sinheng, interra, ntegrator, informatics, UPP, etc?

but at least it more or less hint what scb is doing with your shares that they are helding..

can gpgt the letter?

Last edited:

bencheongcm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
then sinheng, interra, ntegrator, informatics, UPP, etc?

but at least it more or less hint what scb is doing with your shares that they are helding..

can gpgt the letter?

that few I no idea liao.. I have to go dig out that letter maybe throw away already

devion

Reaction score
DBSVickers commission is 0.18% which is lower than SCB if you trade stocks with commissions above min amount.It is also cash upfront similar with SCB.
Not so sure if Vickers 0.18% applies to both buy & sell trades since sell trade do not require cash upfront.Also not sure if Vickers cash upfront trade is similar with SCB,where shares are held by the bank & not CDP...so investors are then binded to the bank & cannot use other trade houses to sell the shares.Anybody knows?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
DBSVickers commission is 0.18% which is lower than SCB if you trade stocks with commissions above min amount.It is also cash upfront similar with SCB.
Not so sure if Vickers 0.18% applies to both buy & sell trades since sell trade do not require cash upfront.Also not sure if Vickers cash upfront trade is similar with SCB,where shares are held by the bank & not CDP...so investors are then binded to the bank & cannot use other trade houses to sell the shares.Anybody knows?

To buy is 0.18%, and shares will be kept in Cdp.

If sell within t+3, it's 0.18% also. Other than that it's normal 0.28%

For the cheapest method if buy contract above $10,000 is to use Dbsv to buy first, then transfer into scb and sell with 0.22% and no minimum comm..

kent07

Reaction score
can i get some help regarding buying us stocks. do i have to transfer funds into the fcy securities settlement account first? i have tried transferring but it says that it cant be processed due to unavailability of rates.

blackie83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A reminder to people. If you haven apply for your Security Token Card.

Please do it immediately. They restrict you from navigating anywhere else if you do not apply it.

Last time DBS and UOB still can skip the process.

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can i get some help regarding buying us stocks. do i have to transfer funds into the fcy securities settlement account first? i have tried transferring but it says that it cant be processed due to unavailability of rates.

You can only transfer funds to a foreign currency during office hours. So for US market you have to do your fund transfer in the day so that you can trade on that night.

mustsic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
harlows !

anyone has any idea on what is the procedure and charges involved to transfer my shares from SCB to my CDP account?

P.S - Emailed SCB many times but no reply. :(:(:(

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just realized that one of my holdings had a bonus offer of 1 for 1, and I was not contacted at all! Announcement was made in June, and the Ex date is in Sept last week! Just wondering what was the decision made by the bank, or is it something that I should decide? Seems like got some loopholes in their administrative procedures on corporate actions...

mustsic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
shares under SCB - ownership belongs to SCB

shares under CDP - ownership belongs to you

autumm

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just realized that one of my holdings had a bonus offer of 1 for 1, and I was not contacted at all! Announcement was made in June, and the Ex date is in Sept last week! Just wondering what was the decision made by the bank, or is it something that I should decide? Seems like got some loopholes in their administrative procedures on corporate actions...

When bonus offer, all shareholders will be automatically given the shares? No?

Then there was no need to inform you anything just like giving out of dividend.

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
shares under SCB - ownership belongs to SCB

shares under CDP - ownership belongs to you

I don't know what is in your rule book but in mine is this:

Use extremely minimal lots or avoid trading the news altogether. =:p

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

there isnt any action needed from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.