2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Suggest to you guys if really can just use naked. Best experience rather than pasting whatever tgsp over your pixels.
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
To some, what is $60 compared to the price of the phone.

But yeah, for me I will just buy the cheap one.

Some people buy cheap $10 $15 $20 tgsp but over their phone lifetime need stick & replace many times. Better to just buy one good one that lasts also. All the so called cheap tgsp many add up also become pricey :s22:
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
This is why i use my p2xl naked since day 1 :s13:

Still no scratch or cracks :crazy:

wow. no fine scratches, etc also?
did you apply any liquid coating, etc.?

how did you guys migrate from Pixel 2XL to 3XL?
- use the in-built migrator?
- start as a fresh phone on Pixel 3XL
 

bellick

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
888
Reaction score
9
Their design is not that of WSD. The bottom and top go all the way around therefore the glue will either go around or into the speaker grill for it to reach. Either way just crap.

You're not paranoid bro it's a fact. Mine was like this too and once the glue hardens dusts gets stuck into the grills easily. What I recommend doing is get a toothbrush and alcohol swaps and squeeze the alcohol onto the brush and brush the speaker grills. I did that and the sound improved by alot. However the dust part I'm still not too sure how it is cause I just did it yesterday.

Cannot use stickers bro. If you look back at Alex's post you'll notice that the glass goes around the grills as well. So if you paste a tape over you're pretty much never gonna get it out again. But thanks for being a guinea pig for that screen protector that you're gonna test out.

Very expensive bro lol. Wait for 50% sale LOL.

Sent from The Panda's Lair using GAGT

Haven't seen 50% off wsd for a long time already.. your best bet is probably $10 off $60, and hopefully some small shop coupon.
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
wow. no fine scratches, etc also?
did you apply any liquid coating, etc.?

how did you guys migrate from Pixel 2XL to 3XL?
- use the in-built migrator?
- start as a fresh phone on Pixel 3XL

On the screen, not any visible or fine scratches that I know of. As long as I cant see should be considered dont have lor. I often get asked questions like why no stick tgsp? not scared? But also more like I am a very careful person with my items so I dont drop or knock them against objects much.

No liquid coating. I am using the google fabric case since june because now I find it better to grip compared to without case, the side edges rather thin and need be careful about the rear matte coating.
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,294
Reaction score
31,147
wow. no fine scratches, etc also?
did you apply any liquid coating, etc.?

how did you guys migrate from Pixel 2XL to 3XL?
- use the in-built migrator?
- start as a fresh phone on Pixel 3XL

The pixel uses gorilla glass... So have some faith in it man...

My original pixel xl didn't have any fine scratches etc that I know of.... I'm not a careful person also.. Some times I do toss my phone around on to the sofa or bed :crazy:

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3 XL
 

limmk

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
44,774
Reaction score
8,498
Their design is not that of WSD. The bottom and top go all the way around therefore the glue will either go around or into the speaker grill for it to reach. Either way just crap.

You're not paranoid bro it's a fact. Mine was like this too and once the glue hardens dusts gets stuck into the grills easily. What I recommend doing is get a toothbrush and alcohol swaps and squeeze the alcohol onto the brush and brush the speaker grills. I did that and the sound improved by alot. However the dust part I'm still not too sure how it is cause I just did it yesterday.

Cannot use stickers bro. If you look back at Alex's post you'll notice that the glass goes around the grills as well. So if you paste a tape over you're pretty much never gonna get it out again. But thanks for being a guinea pig for that screen protector that you're gonna test out.

Very expensive bro lol. Wait for 50% sale LOL.

Sent from The Panda's Lair using GAGT

That's really bad design. Make customer risks their phone getting damaged. :(
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
On the screen, not any visible or fine scratches that I know of. As long as I cant see should be considered dont have lor. I often get asked questions like why no stick tgsp? not scared? But also more like I am a very careful person with my items so I dont drop or knock them against objects much.

No liquid coating. I am using the google fabric case since june because now I find it better to grip compared to without case, the side edges rather thin and need be careful about the rear matte coating.

The pixel uses gorilla glass... So have some faith in it man...

My original pixel xl didn't have any fine scratches etc that I know of.... I'm not a careful person also.. Some times I do toss my phone around on to the sofa or bed :crazy:

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3 XL

hmm does the oleophobic layer wear off for you guys?
- waiting for my Moment case to arrive
- have a spigen rugged armour in the meantime...

now for the hassle of migrating the phone over
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
I must have been very lucky that time then.
:s13:

Hahah if the application that time for your friend was a WSD, I'm guessing they didn't include stickers when they first started out. But their design are well thought of so for self installation we can still put tapes to cover the speaker grills for preventive measures but not this crap from sgfresh -.-

Posted from PCWX using Posted from The Panda's Lair
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
Haven't seen 50% off wsd for a long time already.. your best bet is probably $10 off $60, and hopefully some small shop coupon.

Hahah yeah bro. I think every since there's the local WSD store on qoo10 there hasn't been much 50% sale liao. It used to be frequent when it was by the Korean store on qoo10. Oh well shall wait!

Posted from PCWX using Posted from The Panda's Lair
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
That's really bad design. Make customer risks their phone getting damaged.
:(

Yes bro. I swear during first application after the glue got into the top and bottom grill the top speaker literally sounded like crap. Not just for music but for phone calls too. It was after using alcohol swabs to wipe it down numerous times before it became better and I think now it's back to normal albeit the sticking of dust issue I mentioned last night.

Posted from PCWX using Posted from The Panda's Lair
 

kazekai

Member
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
283
Reaction score
9
Yes bro. I swear during first application after the glue got into the top and bottom grill the top speaker literally sounded like crap. Not just for music but for phone calls too. It was after using alcohol swabs to wipe it down numerous times before it became better and I think now it's back to normal albeit the sticking of dust issue I mentioned last night.

Posted from PCWX using Posted from The Panda's Lair
Is this sg fresh idea or Whitestone dome?

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
Is this sg fresh idea or Whitestone dome?

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT

This is sgfresh bro. WSD just released their screen protectors I think a few days ago and it's just up for sale on qoo10 like yesterday. You wanna go for safe route, WSD is the one to go for. Do not get sgfresh.

Posted from PCWX using Posted from The Panda's Lair
 

kazekai

Member
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
283
Reaction score
9
This is sgfresh bro. WSD just released their screen protectors I think a few days ago and it's just up for sale on qoo10 like yesterday. You wanna go for safe route, WSD is the one to go for. Do not get sgfresh.

Posted from PCWX using Posted from The Panda's Lair
Bro, I using sg fresh. No problem leh. You self install is it? They do offer installation and I took it up.

One thing I like about sg fresh idea is that they offer installation and its full coverage including the front facing camera part.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT
 

fevern0va

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
710
Reaction score
137
Bro, I using sg fresh. No problem leh. You self install is it? They do offer installation and I took it up.

One thing I like about sg fresh idea is that they offer installation and its full coverage including the front facing camera part.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT

Like others have said, the installation process for sgfresh is the messiest ever. There is a 90% chance that glue will seep into the grilles even if they installed for u. U just have to look closely.
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
Bro, I using sg fresh. No problem leh. You self install is it? They do offer installation and I took it up.

One thing I like about sg fresh idea is that they offer installation and its full coverage including the front facing camera part.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT

Yes self installation. I do believe even if they install it for you the glue will still get into the grills. I don't think it's a matter of who does the install but the design of the glass.

Posted from PCWX using Posted from The Panda's Lair
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
Like others have said, the installation process for sgfresh is the messiest ever. There is a 90% chance that glue will seep into the grilles even if they installed for u. U just have to look closely.

Standing with you on this one. Really crappy.

Posted from PCWX using Posted from The Panda's Lair
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top