2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
After saw mate 20 and mate 20 pro live event last night. I totally dont have feeling for this phone anymore.

The tiny part of my unwilling is the stock android.

Sent from HUAWEI MHA-L29 using GAGT
Wa I'm the opposite. I can't stand the OEM skins, especially Huawei's.
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
Wa I'm the opposite. I can't stand the OEM skins, especially Huawei's.

It's strange for me to say this, but I prefer Samsung skins over any other manufacturers. Huawei is one of the worst. I like stock Pixel feel, but if I have to pick a new phone it will definitely be Samsung because they fixed a lot of problems with the newer phones.
 

princewenle

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2015
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
2
Very unlikely to run out of stocks, maybe just give you free wireless dock from Google. Only Samsung super generous with freebies one.
Huawei freebies = wireless charging dock and huawei watch GT

Sent from HUAWEI MHA-L29 using GAGT
 

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2001
Messages
22,812
Reaction score
4
Very unlikely to run out of stocks, maybe just give you free wireless dock from Google. Only Samsung super generous with freebies one.

StarHub freebie is Google home. But most prefer the pixelstand leh
 

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
10,410
Reaction score
100
Mmm..4gb ram surely has its limitations. Sadly does not seem to be able to keep many apps in background.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Mmm..4gb ram surely has its limitations. Sadly does not seem to be able to keep many apps in background.

Kinda expected, but still not a deal breaker for me. I've use many phones with 6gb/8gb RAM, and I don't think i've ever fully utilised it for my usage. In day to day use, there is no scenario in which I will jump between that many apps and games while using the phone. :s13:

That said, 4GB is enough, but 6GB would still be better though considering the price of the phone. Never hurts to future proof it a little.
 

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
10,410
Reaction score
100
Kinda expected, but still not a deal breaker for me. I've use many phones with 6gb/8gb RAM, and I don't think i've ever fully utilised it for my usage. In day to day use, there is no scenario in which I will jump between that many apps and games while using the phone. :s13:

That said, 4GB is enough, but 6GB would still be better though considering the price of the phone. Never hurts to future proof it a little.
Yep future proofing is what most ppl would hope for yet it’s not happening on the expensive 3XL. I’m not sure how usable 4gb ram will be in a year or two’s time with emerging complicated technologies.

That aside, I wouldn’t want to keep loading my games frequently. Will see how it goes in reality.
 

JackDulouz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2002
Messages
5,432
Reaction score
57
I was expecting like 8GB ram for a flagship phone with this sort of pricing.. See how it goes lor..
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2
Kinda expected, but still not a deal breaker for me. I've use many phones with 6gb/8gb RAM, and I don't think i've ever fully utilised it for my usage. In day to day use, there is no scenario in which I will jump between that many apps and games while using the phone. :s13:

That said, 4GB is enough, but 6GB would still be better though considering the price of the phone. Never hurts to future proof it a little.

Trust me. On Android devices is everyone would easily utilise at least 4 GB ram. The services running in android background easily takes up 1GB. Settings itself when active can takes up 300MB.

 
Last edited:

princewenle

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2015
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
2

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,254
Reaction score
31,116
Trust me. On Android devices is everyone would easily utilise at least 4 GB ram. The services running in android background easily takes up 1GB. Settings itself when active can takes up 300MB.

Been using the original pixel with 4gb. No issues with ram size at all.

At current environment, I would say the minimum ram required for smooth usage is 3gb.

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
Sometimes I wonder whether those who complain about the lack of ram... Do they not use the Back button to exit apps properly...?

(Or do they 'exit' their apps by simply pressing the Home button...?)
 

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2001
Messages
22,812
Reaction score
4
Must chiong fast fast

Meet the Google Pixel 3. Capture the perfect shot every time, get things done with the Google Assistant, enjoy an all-day battery, and more.
Get a free Google Pixel Stand* (worth $119), exclusively with Singtel. Limited to the first 1,000 customers. *Your free Google Pixel Stand will not be reflected at checkout and will be delivered to you separately.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top