2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

shadow_allan

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
554
Reaction score
28
the white Pixel 3 is now out of stock @Singtel for pre-oder!!! anyone knows when this will be re-stocked? I hope more stocks come in on Nov 1

I tried the small version and the keyboard feels small that I ha many errors typing

I did my best but that notch really bothered me. It felt like someone was staring back at me
 

Kyushinro

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,054
Reaction score
0
I wonder anyone come across clearly white with scratches? Dunno how bad will the scratches on Clearly White and Not Pink.

The scratching issue has been debunked. You can check out Erica Griffin's youtube video. It's still a bad design decision tho.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
the white Pixel 3 is now out of stock @Singtel for pre-oder!!! anyone knows when this will be re-stocked? I hope more stocks come in on Nov 1

I tried the small version and the keyboard feels small that I ha many errors typing

I did my best but that notch really bothered me. It felt like someone was staring back at me

o__o wasn't expecting small one to go out of stock at all. hahaha. normally people go for bigger screen. But I think most likely still can try luck on day one. some physical outlets might have stocks. it's just a matter of getting used to it ba. Big phone easier to type 2-handed. But small one easier to type one-handed, and easier to use swipe typing. But actually, you could just turn the notch off completely in developer settings. then it will look pretty much the same at the Pixel 3. haha.
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,282
Reaction score
31,138
Adaptive battery is enabled. I cycled through all the apps continuously, so maybe it didn't give the OS a chance to consider that my apps are "infrequently used" :)
I also don't have problems with my original pixel running pie with adaptive battery.

Maybe the games I play not hardcore enough like mobile legends and clash royale

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT
 

StyL3-Ivan

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
9,998
Reaction score
0
o__o wasn't expecting small one to go out of stock at all. hahaha. normally people go for bigger screen. But I think most likely still can try luck on day one. some physical outlets might have stocks. it's just a matter of getting used to it ba. Big phone easier to type 2-handed. But small one easier to type one-handed, and easier to use swipe typing. But actually, you could just turn the notch off completely in developer settings. then it will look pretty much the same at the Pixel 3. haha.

Didn’t expect the small pixel (Clearly White) will go out of stock. If Singtel not going to replenish in the next few days. I might look for other phones (i.e. Mate 20 Pro).
 

shadow_allan

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
554
Reaction score
28
I just checked *Singtel online again the following is out of stock :eek:

non-XL - White 64
XL - Pink 128 / White 128

my contract is under CES so going to physical shops is not an option for me
CES does not also allow pre-order so the free stand is bye bye :(
 
Last edited:

DXMachina

Banned
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
6,259
Reaction score
0
Seems like this time round Just Black is the dark horse. Literally!

Everyone chionging for Clearly White to hide all the scuff marks on the back.
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
the white Pixel 3 is now out of stock @Singtel for pre-oder!!! anyone knows when this will be re-stocked? I hope more stocks come in on Nov 1

I tried the small version and the keyboard feels small that I ha many errors typing

I did my best but that notch really bothered me. It felt like someone was staring back at me
Lol! So which you getting...?
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
Anyone else disappointed with the under-delivered Top Shot feature? I was hoping to grab better shots of my toddler on the move, but it looks like the extracted frames are of a lower resolution (3 MP).

https://9to5google.com/2018/10/18/pixel-3-top-shot-photo-resolution/

This is one thing I think the iPhone does it better. On the iPhone, sounds are recorded as well, and you can also choose the frame as the still after shooting a Live Photo. Google's playing catch up with its Top Shot and yet, it doesn't seem that it's any better or even equivalent to iPhones'.

That being said, I don't find this to be a major bummer though since there's still the Burst Mode... Google Photos can also convert photos taken using Burst Mode into a GIF, which is sort of like a Motion Photo / Live Photo.
 

bagyidaw

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
2,425
Reaction score
191
Google needs to optimise android better. iOS seems better in some ways at keeping app frozen in background and resume seamlessly.
 

StyL3-Ivan

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
9,998
Reaction score
0
Wow.... Singtel jitao removed Pixel 3 and 3 XL Clearly White and Not Pink.

Not even showing ... not available.
 

tanjianen

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2008
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
what screen protectors are you guys thinking of getting?

i'm considering AmFilm glass screen protector for pixel 3
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,433
Reaction score
4,164
Why I see u bashing the pixel phones in a pixel thread everyday?

I don't think he is bashing ... just share more info with the bros here who thinking to buy the phone ... this is a forum ... if only say good things and not bad things, what's the purpose of sharing? :s11: of course, to buy or not is still your choice!
 

EsPpY

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2002
Messages
18,005
Reaction score
10
Ummm.... just leaving it here.

JEUSlAE.jpg


5C5XRiT.jpg
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top