2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,784
Reaction score
468
Choices are the best! Mate 20 just doesn't seem as refined as Pixel or iPhone...

Yes yes. Now even iPhones offer choices hahaha.

And I do agree with you.. Huawei phones don't seem too refined in terms of the UI design. The placement and arrangement of the rear cameras on the Mate 20 / Mate 20 Pro doesn't appeal to me too. The way they did it for the P20 looks nicer to me.
 

kuma-mon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2017
Messages
10,525
Reaction score
5,237
Yes yes. Now even iPhones offer choices hahaha.

And I do agree with you.. Huawei phones don't seem too refined in terms of the UI design. The placement and arrangement of the rear cameras on the Mate 20 / Mate 20 Pro doesn't appeal to me too. The way they did it for the P20 looks nicer to me.

But pixel 3 with that gigantic notch, bugs and small battery life hard to get used to. But the camera damn good and its stock android hmmmmm
 

waikiki

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,795
Reaction score
20
Was having a hard time deciding between the XL and the non-XL. After making a visit to StarHub and Singtel at Tampines Mall, the choice is clearer now. Haha

v7ToSBy.jpg


The Pixel 3 has quite a noticeable pink tint that the XL doesn't have. It's hard to capture it on a photo but it's definitely there. See the status bar especially in the photo. And this was the case for the demo sets both at StarHub and Singtel.

Both phones have the same display settings - 100% brightness, adaptive colours, default font size and small display size.

Granted, the pink tint seems pretty even to me based on my limited testing and naked untrained eyes. When you see it in isolation, you probably wouldn't be able to notice the pink tint.

The XL also displays quite a bit more contents on the web browser.

Separately, those who ordered or are ordering from the Google Store, you may want to check your delivery date again! I just realised that for some of the configurations, it now says "Despatch by 1Nov" when before, it was "Deliver by 5-6 Nov" even for those who pre-ordered on the very first day.

What's your descision? XL or non-XL?
 

vaderisahipster

Junior Member
Joined
May 11, 2013
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
What are the screen covers or tempered glass that you guys ordered for those of you that are getting this phone???

pls share ur lobang with me. i cant seem to find a good one on amazon..
 
Last edited:

kazekai

Member
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
283
Reaction score
9
I just anyhow order the esr one first. Waiting for Whitestone dome. Msged them on fb and they say will be out mid-end nov
 

graceyes7

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2018
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
But pixel 3 with that gigantic notch, bugs and small battery life hard to get used to. But the camera damn good and its stock android hmmmmm

Pixel 3 looks really good compared to the XL since it doesn't have the notch, but it's roughly the same size as an iPXS, which is such a shame considering the bezel!
 

shadow_allan

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
554
Reaction score
28
Was having a hard time deciding between the XL and the non-XL. After making a visit to StarHub and Singtel at Tampines Mall, the choice is clearer now. Haha

v7ToSBy.jpg


The Pixel 3 has quite a noticeable pink tint that the XL doesn't have. It's hard to capture it on a photo but it's definitely there. See the status bar especially in the photo. And this was the case for the demo sets both at StarHub and Singtel.

Both phones have the same display settings - 100% brightness, adaptive colours, default font size and small display size.

Granted, the pink tint seems pretty even to me based on my limited testing and naked untrained eyes. When you see it in isolation, you probably wouldn't be able to notice the pink tint.

The XL also displays quite a bit more contents on the web browser.

Separately, those who ordered or are ordering from the Google Store, you may want to check your delivery date again! I just realised that for some of the configurations, it now says "Despatch by 1Nov" when before, it was "Deliver by 5-6 Nov" even for those who pre-ordered on the very first day.

wow that pink tint is bad and kinda pronounced...
is it bad because it is just beside the great screen of the XL?

hmm now thinking twice... initially wanted the non XL
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,784
Reaction score
468
wow that pink tint is bad and kinda pronounced...
is it bad because it is just beside the great screen of the XL?

hmm now thinking twice... initially wanted the non XL

Maybe go see demo sets and see if they look ok to you? Better still, buy from telcos so you can check the screen on the spot?

Honestly, when I went down just now, I picked up the non-XL one first and it looked just fine to me. It's only when I put it side by side the XL then I realise there's a pink tint. Haha
 

DXMachina

Banned
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
6,259
Reaction score
0
Maybe go see demo sets and see if they look ok to you? Better still, buy from telcos so you can check the screen on the spot?

Honestly, when I went down just now, I picked up the non-XL one first and it looked just fine to me. It's only when I put it side by side the XL then I realise there's a pink tint. Haha

I think my eyesight must be getting worse, I compared the regular Pixel 3 and the XL side by side and I found that the regular one looks better to me. :s13:
 

zitseng

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
775
Reaction score
2
I think my eyesight must be getting worse, I compared the regular Pixel 3 and the XL side by side and I found that the regular one looks better to me. :s13:

Maybe that set was really good. In that case you can tell them you want to buy that exact demo set! :p
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,784
Reaction score
468
I think my eyesight must be getting worse, I compared the regular Pixel 3 and the XL side by side and I found that the regular one looks better to me. :s13:
It may really be a lottery... Just like it was on the Pixel 2 XL. Haha
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
It may really be a lottery... Just like it was on the Pixel 2 XL. Haha

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/9rkxql/pixel_3_pink_display_normal/

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixe...here_any_way_to_buy_a_pixel_3_with_the_right/

fznsapidahu11.png


"Earlier I posted about two Pixel 3's I've got, one of them had blue-ish display and another, well... not as blue.

I checked with support and they confirmed that there are two different displays, didn't get any more details.

So, the question is - what do you think, is there a way to buy a Pixel and get a non-blue display?
My interest in practical, I am returning my black pixel because of bad power button and looking to buy a new one... with not-blue display..."

Definitely OLED lottery. But I get the feeling that your odds are better with the 3XL rather than the 3. hahaha
 

graceyes7

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2018
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Definitely OLED lottery. But I get the feeling that your odds are better with the 3XL rather than the 3. hahaha

That's terrible... why does Google always have problem with displays lol.

Think Samsung placed the benchmark too high...
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
That's terrible... why does Google always have problem with displays lol.

Think Samsung placed the benchmark too high...

haha. first gen was relatively okay? Second gen only the 2XL. 3rd Gen seems like it's the smaller one's turn. So can pretty much just point finger at LG? But there are good displays out there for sure. Probably a small percentage with less than ideal display panels, but it still seems to be higher than normal tolerances though. Considering haven't heard much people complaining about 3XL display, but have seen quite a few reports on reddit for the 3 display.


This is the Pixel 3 at AMK hub btw. Screen looks fine. The right one is Pixel 2. Both on natural colour mode.

2018-10-26.jpg
 

DXMachina

Banned
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
6,259
Reaction score
0
haha. first gen was relatively okay? Second gen only the 2XL. 3rd Gen seems like it's the smaller one's turn. So can pretty much just point finger at LG? But there are good displays out there for sure. Probably a small percentage with less than ideal display panels, but it still seems to be higher than normal tolerances though. Considering haven't heard much people complaining about 3XL display, but have seen quite a few reports on reddit for the 3 display.


This is the Pixel 3 at AMK hub btw. Screen looks fine. The right one is Pixel 2. Both on natural colour mode.

2018-10-26.jpg

So far I've seen the Pixel 3 Just Black display sets at Singtel Causeway Point, AMKHub and JEM. All 3 are ok to my eyes. Keeping my fingers crossed for mine as well.
 

Kyushinro

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,054
Reaction score
0
So far I've seen the Pixel 3 Just Black display sets at Singtel Causeway Point, AMKHub and JEM. All 3 are ok to my eyes. Keeping my fingers crossed for mine as well.

Starhub shops at Vivo and Singtel at Northpoint looks fine too. Coincidentally they're all black units. :s13: Maybe the guys who got black are in luck.
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,784
Reaction score
468
Went to see the demo sets at the Singtel at Changi City Point.

llBvjIP.jpg


This time, the Pixel 3 screen looks good! I did however notice that the Pixel 3 has a cooler display whereas the XL has a warmer display.
 

bloodsheder

Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
146
Reaction score
0
I going to call in tmrw Liao. Doesn't make sense that those that order way later already got confirmation for pixel stand, or even the service agreement. Whereas those that order early no news at all. I have 2 other friends in the same boat as me. :s22:

me too. i pre order on the 10th. Didnt get the confirmation for the pixel stand or event the service agreement. Just called them and the CSO told me i'm not eligible. wtf???
 

bryant_16

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2006
Messages
6,012
Reaction score
75
Went to see the demo sets at the Singtel at Changi City Point.

llBvjIP.jpg


This time, the Pixel 3 screen looks good! I did however notice that the Pixel 3 has a cooler display whereas the XL has a warmer display.

The pixel 3 that is in the picture is it black set?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top