2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

JackDulouz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2002
Messages
5,432
Reaction score
57
I'm on the fence btw white/black for this 3XL :s22:

My only complaint for the Panda 2XL is that the usb slot is white, so dirt is easily seen.. But lo and behold, the usb slot for the White and Pink is black :eek:

But yes.. The black grove line between the frame and glass back is obvious :(


I'm still going for the Black. Think it's a little overblown.

Also because I regretted going with Panda White for my Pixel 2 XL just cause everyone says it's the best-looking. Hahahah. Still prefer having a uniform look throughout. I always feel a black front matches a black rear better. A black front with a white rear looks kinda mis-matched to me.
 
Last edited:

klho001

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2005
Messages
600
Reaction score
0
My fav is still the stormtrooper look!
Hv liked this look ever since the nexus 5 days
 
Last edited:

seikatsu

Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2010
Messages
250
Reaction score
2
Does anyone know the best place to get a 3XL off contract? Heard something about getting it from aus but I have no idea how that works with the import tax and what not. Thank you.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,926
Reaction score
681
Does anyone know the best place to get a 3XL off contract? Heard something about getting it from aus but I have no idea how that works with the import tax and what not. Thank you.

why not just pre-order from local google online store? :s13: If not wait till after launch and see if there's anyone selling their recontract set, or see if street shops will sell.
 

limmk

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
44,686
Reaction score
8,487
notch-hide-pixel-3xl-100776312-large.jpg



Why such a stupid solution?? Cant they see what the other notched phones are doing to hide their notches? :eek:

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9TL1YvNzU2NjA3L29yaWdpbmFsL3RaWDdLcFhBZXNQSGdvam5BOU1yYmctOTcwLTgwLmpwZw==

Use this
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xda.nachonotch

to get this
DpVR0L0UUAAO-_M.jpg:large
 

bundy

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,518
Reaction score
16
Went to bugis singtel.. Both the pixel 3 and pixel 3 XL design is good. Wondering why m1 not carrying

Sent from Where Is My Nexus5x using GAGT
 

behling

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2004
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
3
In the age of YouTube views and clickbait, this is true. YouTubers just wanna make a mountain of a molehill with clickbait titles so they rush in and be the first to talk about the β€œissue” to earn those view counts.

Just like the iPhone xs chargegate just scrolling YouTube and u see videos with tittles like:
β€œiPhone XS has a SERIOUS problem”
β€œFind our what’s plaguing apples latest iPhones”
β€œCan the charge gate really be fixed?”
β€œIf you own iPhone XS. This may be affecting you”

Bought 4 iPhone XS max and non of them had any of the so called
Blue tint / Charge gate problems

I'm still going for the Black. Think it's a little overblown.

Also because I regretted going with Panda White for my Pixel 2 XL just cause everyone says it's the best-looking. Hahahah. Still prefer having a uniform look throughout. I always feel a black front matches a black rear better. A black front with a white rear looks kinda mis-matched to me.
 

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2001
Messages
22,812
Reaction score
4
So weird that SingTel don't offer 128GB for Pixel 3. Only 64GB.

XL got both versions
 

GreenHorn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,500
Reaction score
0
My hands-on review, in case anyone's interested. Overall it's an evolutionary upgrade to the 2 XL. More polished and refined, as you should expect it to be.

https://zitseng.com/archives/17252
nice review. Google call screening not coming to Singapore or not yet? This is one of the main reason I am considering the pixel 3..

Sent from LG G7+ ThinQ using GAGT
 

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
10,410
Reaction score
100
nice review. Google call screening not coming to Singapore or not yet? This is one of the main reason I am considering the pixel 3..

Sent from LG G7+ ThinQ using GAGT

Any info if the call screen works with multiple languages?

If it’s just English, then kinda useless as what we mostly find it useful is to screen those Tiong scam calls.
 
Last edited:

sleepwelltonight

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2018
Messages
1,287
Reaction score
1
My hands-on review, in case anyone's interested. Overall it's an evolutionary upgrade to the 2 XL. More polished and refined, as you should expect it to be.

Good review. I feel other pixel 3 OS and its added functions (especially to the camera) really blows the rest out of the water. They're just lacking on the design side
 

GeSteSoh

Master Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
3,482
Reaction score
1,011
Any info if the call screen works with multiple languages?

If it’s just English, then kinda useless as what we mostly find it useful is to screen those Tiong scam calls.

It'll prob take awhile to recognize and reply/rephrase Tionglanguage... :s13:
 

zitseng

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
775
Reaction score
2
nice review. Google call screening not coming to Singapore or not yet? This is one of the main reason I am considering the pixel 3..

Sent from LG G7+ ThinQ using GAGT

Google's template answer is that they have no plans to share at this time. So I think don't expect it any time soon. Yes, I really would love to have call screening too. Those B2B kind of cold calls are really very pro at keeping you on the line before you finally figure out what it is they are up to.
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
So weird that SingTel don't offer 128GB for Pixel 3. Only 64GB.

XL got both versions

I guess it's not as weird as last year, where Google itself chose to sell only the 64GB Pixel 2 XL in Singapore - no 128GB model and also no Pixel 2.

This time round, at least all the models, storage and colour options are available locally. It's a hugeeee step forward already.
 

JackDulouz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2002
Messages
5,432
Reaction score
57
Agreed.. Now if they only bring the whole Google product portfolio to SG, eg. Home Max, Chromecast Ultra, Pixel Slate and etc...
I guess it's not as weird as last year, where Google itself chose to sell only the 64GB Pixel 2 XL in Singapore - no 128GB model and also no Pixel 2.

This time round, at least all the models, storage and colour options are available locally. It's a hugeeee step forward already.
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,327
Reaction score
3,863
Hmmm I went to Singtel to see the Pixel 3 XL and the notch is not as bad as I thought. But the bottom bezel is more annoying than the notch honestly.
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
Hmmm I went to Singtel to see the Pixel 3 XL and the notch is not as bad as I thought. But the bottom bezel is more annoying than the notch honestly.

There's a front-firing speaker at the bottom so I personally think it's still not that objectionable.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top