2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...😗🎉😵

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Trust me. On Android devices is everyone would easily utilise at least 4 GB ram. The services running in android background easily takes up 1GB. Settings itself when active can takes up 300MB.


I think it depends on user. I check settings my pixel 2 xl 3hr/6hr/12hr/24hrs average memory usage is within 2.3GB - 2.7GB.

Maybe u guys can share what android devices & services u guys use that utilize that much memory?
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2
I think it depends on user. I check settings my pixel 2 xl 3hr/6hr/12hr/24hrs average memory usage is within 2.3GB - 2.7GB.

Maybe u guys can share what android devices & services u guys use that utilize that much memory?

Don’t see from the general settings option. Go Developer option -> Running services and click show cached processes.

This will give you the true usage as of that moment.


 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Been using the original pixel with 4gb. No issues with ram size at all.

At current environment, I would say the minimum ram required for smooth usage is 3gb.

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT

No issues with 4GB ram for my usage on pixel 2 xl too. But I think ultimately still depends on user usage. Another thing is my older phone the asus zenfone 2 ze551ml with 4GB ram is using more ram and spikes compared to my pixel 2 xl.

At times while home, I switch device while the other is charging. The app usage is also same. Just surf web using chrome, youtube, instagram, facebook, twitter. Also I use the zenfone as alarm clock and use while on the bed. This is so that if doze off wont drop my pixel :s13:

Ram usage on my zenfone is higher than my pixel 2 xl. Of course I know the lag and spikes on the zenfone is probably due to a slower processor.
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Sometimes I wonder whether those who complain about the lack of ram... Do they not use the Back button to exit apps properly...?

(Or do they 'exit' their apps by simply pressing the Home button...?)

I dont always use back button too.

I swipe up :s13:
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Don’t see from the general settings option. Go Developer option -> Running services and click show cached processes.

This will give you the true usage as of that moment.



Not sure what you meant by general settings option but I took those off the developer settings option > memory.

That shows the average use. I just checked what you suggested, this shows the real time memory utilization. Currently at 2.3GB ram in use, 600+MB cached, 0.9GB free.
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
Must chiong fast fast

Meet the Google Pixel 3. Capture the perfect shot every time, get things done with the Google Assistant, enjoy an all-day battery, and more.
Get a free Google Pixel Stand* (worth $119), exclusively with Singtel. Limited to the first 1,000 customers. *Your free Google Pixel Stand will not be reflected at checkout and will be delivered to you separately.

No need to chiong one. Most people get the wireless pad use for 2 weeks then stop using liao. I think Google home more useful.
 

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2001
Messages
22,812
Reaction score
4
No need to chiong one. Most people get the wireless pad use for 2 weeks then stop using liao. I think Google home more useful.

My layman understanding is Google Home is the same as Google Assistant for handphone.. unless u need G Home to interface with other smart electronic devices as home.

Anyone can share more info?
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
I wonder if our local shops will "accidentally" sell them earlier? :eek: :s13:

Lol, if they sell them earlier perhaps Google SG might take action lol. Cause as of now the Authorised seller is only SH, ST and Google store SG.

But i really wish M1 brings in the Pixel ba. If not then i shall skip this and wait for next year already.
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
Lol, if they sell them earlier perhaps Google SG might take action lol. Cause as of now the Authorised seller is only SH, ST and Google store SG.

But i really wish M1 brings in the Pixel ba. If not then i shall skip this and wait for next year already.

Google won't take action one lah. Samsung LG all that also got early sell before, got a week earlier before too. If they can't be bothered to do anything I highly doubt Google would care.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Teardown Update: After finding a Samsung-made OLED display in the larger #Pixel3XL, we dissected the display in our vanilla #Pixel3. Surprise—it's from LG Display! (link: http://bit.ly/2AfrdYZ) bit.ly/2AfrdYZ


:s22::s22::s22:

on the bright side, with the amount of positive opinions surrounding the smaller Pixel 3 too, that means LG really improved a lot.
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
:s22::s22::s22:

on the bright side, with the amount of positive opinions surrounding the smaller Pixel 3 too, that means LG really improved a lot.
DisplayMate didn't seem to have tested the Pixel 3 but based on the reviews thus far, there doesn't seem to be much flak la.. haha
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top