2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...😗🎉😵

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,303
Reaction score
31,156
Hardware aside, Google also always likes to make some curious decisions like:

1) Removing LED notification.
2) Removing wireless charging, only to add it back again this year.
3) Removing the ability to unlock the phone with "Ok Google", and therefore removing a lot of stuff that could be done before entirely hands-free.
4) Removing the ability to set video recording at 60fps (Pixel 3 now only allows either 30fps fixed, or Auto, without the option to force record it at 60fps).
5) Having dual front facing speakers, but making one louder than the other.

But dam, the Pixel's camera and clean software are hard to give up.
#2.... They ever had wireless charging?

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT
 

waikiki

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,795
Reaction score
20
This is from Starhub FAQ:
"Google's Authorised Service Centre, CTDI Singapore at Aperia Mall, 12 Kallang Avenue #03-03, Singapore 339511. It is opened from Monday - Friday from 11am to 8pm and Saturday 10am to 2pm, closed on Sunday and Public Holiday."

Saw a few more thread on r/googlepixel.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/9pr4hy/pixel_3_screen_is_awful

rupFGux.jpg


this is how the wallpaper is supposed to look according to the poster.

zuxxm11.png


https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/9pr3fr/pixel_3_rma_process

This could be a batch issue of course which i'm not sure is a good or bad thing. Like i've not seen any reviewers mention this, so maybe the first batch was fine. This only started popping up after customers in US received their devices. maybe it's limited to a particular batch only. Still doesn't inspire confidence, but there is some hope that this is something Google could do better.

At this point my excitement for the new Pixel 3 (a phone that I was planning to use as my daily phone) has dropped drastically. :s13:

Same here. I m using Pixel 2 as my daily driver now and contemplating my options.
 

StyL3-Ivan

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
9,998
Reaction score
0
What is google Singapore policy? If got deflect is 1 to 1 exchange or like Samsung send in for repair?
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
#2.... They ever had wireless charging?

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT

For 3 years only? Nexus 4/5/6.

Same here. I m using Pixel 2 as my daily driver now and contemplating my options.

haha. still got 11 days to contemplate.

What is google Singapore policy? If got deflect is 1 to 1 exchange or like Samsung send in for repair?

No idea at all. haha. This is probably the million dollar question right now.
 

waikiki

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,795
Reaction score
20
For 3 years only? Nexus 4/5/6.



haha. still got 11 days to contemplate.



No idea at all. haha. This is probably the million dollar question right now.

I have always wanted to upgrade to pixel 3 but seeing the tint after my visit, ??? in my head now. Also my P3 case is well on its way to me even before I see the phone. Lol
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,303
Reaction score
31,156
On Nexus 4 and Nexus 6
For 3 years only? Nexus 4/5/6.



haha. still got 11 days to contemplate.



No idea at all. haha. This is probably the million dollar question right now.
Oh that's the previous series under the other phone manufacturers ma.

For pixel is the first since the original and pixel 2 didn't have it

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT
 

bryant_16

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2006
Messages
6,012
Reaction score
75
I have always wanted to upgrade to pixel 3 but seeing the tint after my visit, ??? in my head now. Also my P3 case is well on its way to me even before I see the phone. Lol

Not sure whether can we change the set when we spot the tint at the telco when checking.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
I have always wanted to upgrade to pixel 3 but seeing the tint after my visit, ??? in my head now. Also my P3 case is well on its way to me even before I see the phone. Lol

haha. i have case and screen protector on the way. Dbrand skin pre-ordered too. :s22:

Not sure whether can we change the set when we spot the tint at the telco when checking.

This one is depend on the staff liao. haha. if you happen to be at an outlet with a Pixel 3 demo unit with good screen would be easier i imagine. If see obvious tint, just compare with the demo unit. Normally they let you check the phone and everything before you sign and pay for the phone? At least that was what happened when i last visited a shop years ago.

If the phone not satisfactory, and they don't let you change, just walk away lor. I did that once when I was helping a family member recontract for an iPhone SE with singtel, they only had 1 left in stock. But when unboxed, I spotted a feint scratch on screen. Doesn't make sense for me to accept the phone, and since they didn't have another unit i could get, I just thanked the staff for his time and left.
 

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2001
Messages
22,812
Reaction score
4
I think still get pixel with stock android lah. I use Samsung phone kena forced to have Samsung health, Samsung calendar and many S softwares.
 

bagyidaw

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
2,425
Reaction score
191
I decided to give pixel 3 a go instead of S9. then after reading about display tint issues. :s22: maybe should wait a while..
 

waikiki

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,795
Reaction score
20
haha. i have case and screen protector on the way. Dbrand skin pre-ordered too. :s22:



This one is depend on the staff liao. haha. if you happen to be at an outlet with a Pixel 3 demo unit with good screen would be easier i imagine. If see obvious tint, just compare with the demo unit. Normally they let you check the phone and everything before you sign and pay for the phone? At least that was what happened when i last visited a shop years ago.

If the phone not satisfactory, and they don't let you change, just walk away lor. I did that once when I was helping a family member recontract for an iPhone SE with singtel, they only had 1 left in stock. But when unboxed, I spotted a feint scratch on screen. Doesn't make sense for me to accept the phone, and since they didn't have another unit i could get, I just thanked the staff for his time and left.

Wow, you even more fast hand fast leg than me. I haven't preordered the skin yet. Lol
 

waikiki

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,795
Reaction score
20
Not sure whether can we change the set when we spot the tint at the telco when checking.

Generally they would allow you as long as inventory is available. I changed my iPhone 6+ 3 times before I got a perfect one couple of years ago.
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2
I think still get pixel with stock android lah. I use Samsung phone kena forced to have Samsung health, Samsung calendar and many S softwares.

Eh how are you forced.. You can always just download Google Fit, Google Calendar and Google Keep and disable or uninstall Samsung apps.

But actually, once you use Google Fit, you should actually see the how good Samsung Health is really is.
 

bawawaw

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2017
Messages
823
Reaction score
0
To those who don't know, here's my trick on how to utilise more the free google photo storage.

Install Google Photos in your partner's phone
Let her share her library to you (Original Quality)
Check the auto-save in your phone
Profit :s13:

Basically, her photos will be shared to you and your phone will automatically add it to your library and will be backup to your unlimited storage.

Hard part is convincing your partner to share her photos to you. Lol
 

RemoteZone

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Eh how are you forced.. You can always just download Google Fit, Google Calendar and Google Keep and disable or uninstall Samsung apps.

But actually, once you use Google Fit, you should actually see the how good Samsung Health is really is.

Samsung fansee spotted :spin:
 

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
10,410
Reaction score
100
Samsung fansee spotted :spin:

Depends on how u see it. If u view samsung’s own apps as bloatwares, why isn’t Google own apps also bloatwares too if u don’t use them. Google play books, play movies, Google+ etc.

Good thing is they all can be removed in a way or another.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top