2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

chiaRH

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2012
Messages
1,975
Reaction score
0
I just hope that I got a chance to experience the next-gen (maybe Fuschia?) on my pixel 3, instead of having to pay for a new phone.

I guess that will depend on how soon fuchsia arrives

Even pixels dont have lifetime support forever when it comes to getting new updates, think for google pixel the hard end of life is after 3 years.
 

blackshadow

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2013
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
I pre-ordered pixel 3 on the Google store and the delivery date is Nov 6-7. I need the phone urgently cos my current s7 crashed after I pre-ordered lol.

Would it be faster if I go Starhub shops on Nov 1 to buy without contract? Not sure how much in demand the phones are going to be, I don't wanna cancel my pre-order yet in case I cannot get in the shops. Any thoughts guys?
 

musicsg_com

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2005
Messages
852
Reaction score
21

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
I pre-ordered pixel 3 on the Google store and the delivery date is Nov 6-7. I need the phone urgently cos my current s7 crashed after I pre-ordered lol.

Would it be faster if I go Starhub shops on Nov 1 to buy without contract? Not sure how much in demand the phones are going to be, I don't wanna cancel my pre-order yet in case I cannot get in the shops. Any thoughts guys?
Yeah you can do that. Don't think demand is that great. Most people still don't know what a Pixel phone is or have even heard about it.
 

musicsg_com

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2005
Messages
852
Reaction score
21
I pre-ordered pixel 3 on the Google store and the delivery date is Nov 6-7. I need the phone urgently cos my current s7 crashed after I pre-ordered lol.

Would it be faster if I go Starhub shops on Nov 1 to buy without contract? Not sure how much in demand the phones are going to be, I don't wanna cancel my pre-order yet in case I cannot get in the shops. Any thoughts guys?

Why don't you cancel the pre-order after you get the phone on 1 Nov?

If you go on Day 1, definitely got stocks. Just that you need to queue up and all the hassle.

Worse case, get from Carousell, I'm sure a lot of people are flipping the phones.
 

blackshadow

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2013
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Haha okay! I think my dilemma is whether I should cancel my pre-order yet. Dunno whether they would have shipped out on/bef 1 Nov, then cannot cancel. But if its shipping out from SG maybe not ah?
 

Kyushinro

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,054
Reaction score
0
I pre-ordered pixel 3 on the Google store and the delivery date is Nov 6-7. I need the phone urgently cos my current s7 crashed after I pre-ordered lol.

Would it be faster if I go Starhub shops on Nov 1 to buy without contract? Not sure how much in demand the phones are going to be, I don't wanna cancel my pre-order yet in case I cannot get in the shops. Any thoughts guys?

Starhub and Singtel only selling 64gb pixel 3 tho. Unless you're thinking of getting an XL.
 

blackshadow

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2013
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
okay thanks guys, think I'll just cancel my pre-order on 1 Nov if I get the phone. Am getting the pixel 3 64gb black, not the xl :)
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Nexus series was not meant for mainstream.

Pixel series is meant for mainstream.

Otherwise, Google wouldn't abort the Nexus series.

Google is trying hard to disrupt the smartphone profits which is being monopolized by Apple at the moment.

Dont think this is quite possible at current scale of efforts on the Pixels. Sales of all 3 Pixel series add up dont think even have 1% of any one iphone flagship gen :s22:

Disclaimer: Figures are from moi own imagination.
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Don't. Don't get him started. He will start his fearmongering again. He's going to cite a laundry list of articles and then repeat his usual refrain - you got no privacy when you use an Android phone; you get 100% privacy when you use an iPhone. Google is monetizing your data; iPhone is not. Yadah yadah yadah.

So, don't.

:s22::s22:

Healthy discussions are still welcomed :s13:
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Question, those who posted pics of night sight feature on your pixels, excluding the pixel 3/xl, you guys sideload the camera app?
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,296
Reaction score
31,152
Question, those who posted pics of night sight feature on your pixels, excluding the pixel 3/xl, you guys sideload the camera app?
I don't see it yet on my pixel xl.

And I don't wish to download the app from xda. Oh well

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
I don't see it yet on my pixel xl.

And I don't wish to download the app from xda. Oh well

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT

Yeah me too. Waiting it to be available from the Play Store instead. Thanks for confirming :o
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top