2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

Shinji_U

Master Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
4,700
Reaction score
8
Non Google certified wireless charger will only charge at max 5W. Google certified ones charge at 10W.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT
 

Shinji_U

Master Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
4,700
Reaction score
8
Wireless charging is so much more convenient when you're in the office!
I'm quite used to stick in the cable to charge. So yeah it's more of a convenience rather than must have. I'm not so lazy to not plug in a cable. I

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT
 

PongRareRare

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2008
Messages
2,047
Reaction score
92
I'm quite used to stick in the cable to charge. So yeah it's more of a convenience rather than must have. I'm not so lazy to not plug in a cable. I

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

For me cos I charge overnight, so I don't need to find the port in the dark. I just put on wireless charger and go to sleep. Other than that, I normally use wire as well
 

Shinji_U

Master Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
4,700
Reaction score
8
For me cos I charge overnight, so I don't need to find the port in the dark. I just put on wireless charger and go to sleep. Other than that, I normally use wire as well
Yeah that would be the convenience of wireless charging.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT
 

kazekai

Member
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
283
Reaction score
9
I still like wired charging so I can grab the phone and use it while it's charging. If it's wireless, I have to grab the charging pad as well, lol
 

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2001
Messages
22,812
Reaction score
4
I still like wired charging so I can grab the phone and use it while it's charging. If it's wireless, I have to grab the charging pad as well, lol

future many phones moving towards wireless charging. bo bian
 

Shinji_U

Master Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
4,700
Reaction score
8
Good thing dual SIM is and was never a part of my checklist for my mobile phone. xD

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT
 

kuma-mon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2017
Messages
10,525
Reaction score
5,237
Hmmm, now got mate 20 pro, oneplus 6t as competitors. Mate 20 pro specs everything better than pixel 3 xl, even the screen..but camera pixel wins. And its still cheaper. Hmmmm hard to decide...
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,784
Reaction score
468
Was having a hard time deciding between the XL and the non-XL. After making a visit to StarHub and Singtel at Tampines Mall, the choice is clearer now. Haha

v7ToSBy.jpg


The Pixel 3 has quite a noticeable pink tint that the XL doesn't have. It's hard to capture it on a photo but it's definitely there. See the status bar especially in the photo. And this was the case for the demo sets both at StarHub and Singtel.

Both phones have the same display settings - 100% brightness, adaptive colours, default font size and small display size.

Granted, the pink tint seems pretty even to me based on my limited testing and naked untrained eyes. When you see it in isolation, you probably wouldn't be able to notice the pink tint.

The XL also displays quite a bit more contents on the web browser.

Separately, those who ordered or are ordering from the Google Store, you may want to check your delivery date again! I just realised that for some of the configurations, it now says "Despatch by 1Nov" when before, it was "Deliver by 5-6 Nov" even for those who pre-ordered on the very first day.
 

kryptonit3

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2008
Messages
2,306
Reaction score
1,887
Hmmm, now got mate 20 pro, oneplus 6t as competitors. Mate 20 pro specs everything better than pixel 3 xl, even the screen..but camera pixel wins. And its still cheaper. Hmmmm hard to decide...
if you wanna justify the $ go for mate 20 with all the new features, battery capacity, 2 yrs warranty, wide angle lens, dual sim / nano sd, super charge etc....over pixel camera features + pure android experience.
 

felldeeds

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Was having a hard time deciding between the XL and the non-XL. After making a visit to StarHub and Singtel at Tampines Mall, the choice is clearer now. Haha

The Pixel 3 has quite a noticeable pink tint that the XL doesn't have. It's hard to capture it on a photo but it's definitely there. See the status bar especially in the photo. And this was the case for the demo sets both at StarHub and Singtel.

Both phones have the same display settings - 100% brightness, adaptive colours, default font size and small display size.

Granted, the pink tint seems pretty even to me based on my limited testing and naked untrained eyes. When you see it in isolation, you probably wouldn't be able to notice the pink tint.

The XL also displays quite a bit more contents on the web browser.

Separately, those who ordered or are ordering from the Google Store, you may want to check your delivery date again! I just realised that for some of the configurations, it now says "Despatch by 1Nov" when before, it was "Deliver by 5-6 Nov" even for those who pre-ordered on the very first day.

Yea, but even when you do check out right at the end, it still says deliver by 5-6 Nov. Hmmm
 

graceyes7

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2018
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Hmmm, now got mate 20 pro, oneplus 6t as competitors. Mate 20 pro specs everything better than pixel 3 xl, even the screen..but camera pixel wins. And its still cheaper. Hmmmm hard to decide...

Choices are the best! Mate 20 just doesn't seem as refined as Pixel or iPhone...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top