2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

dimebag

Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
383
Reaction score
0
1 month on from the promised retail date. And still no sign of the white google pixel 3 xl 128 gb. Anyone knows where its coming to singtel or starhub?

You're better off getting it from the Google store like me. It seems only mostly black and a few not pink/white 64GB are available out there.
 
Last edited:

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
Just a small correction. What you see, micro scratches, is actually the oleophobic layer being "scratched". If you have an expensive facility that can re-coat for you, the scratches will disappear. :s13: The gorilla glass layer is actually not that easy to scratch, but of course, if you have sand in your pocket, it has a hardness level higher than your house keys.
Hahah I have had the luck of not seeing any because straight on screen protector once out of the box. But then for purchase of second hand devices I have seen before.

Whether it's on oleophobic coating or the screen, both are an eyesore to me :(
I always put the phone in my pocket.

For my Samsung S3, I didn't use a SP but I used a flip cover. Surprisingly, I don't see a single micro scratch.

When I upgraded to 5X, I thought of not using a SP too since the gorilla glass was 1 grade higher than S3.

To my dismay, there were micro scratches on the 5X!

Then I decided to use SP for my Pixel 1 and 2.
Haha I still think it's always good to protect the screen with screen protector. Whether it's to protect against scratches or drops.

Sent from The Panda's Lair using GAGT
 

Shinji_U

Master Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
4,700
Reaction score
8
Hahah I have had the luck of not seeing any because straight on screen protector once out of the box. But then for purchase of second hand devices I have seen before.

Whether it's on oleophobic coating or the screen, both are an eyesore to me :(

Haha I still think it's always good to protect the screen with screen protector. Whether it's to protect against scratches or drops.

Sent from The Panda's Lair using GAGT
The tempered glass is there for that oh 5h!7 moment when you didn't have one. Haha!!!

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT
 

limmk

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
44,765
Reaction score
8,492
Hahah I have had the luck of not seeing any because straight on screen protector once out of the box. But then for purchase of second hand devices I have seen before.

Whether it's on oleophobic coating or the screen, both are an eyesore to me :(

Haha I still think it's always good to protect the screen with screen protector. Whether it's to protect against scratches or drops.

Sent from The Panda's Lair using GAGT

Happened to my wife's phone. Oleophobic coating wears off without tgsp.
KbZJEsc.jpg
 

kenjisng691

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2018
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
speck of dust in camera lens

hi, in my new pixel 3, discover a speck of dust in the camera. Do u think i should go down to CDTI?
 

Jedski0412

Junior Member
Joined
May 6, 2018
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Hi.. my screen doesnt turn off when taking calls. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
Hi.. my screen doesnt turn off when taking calls. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT
Do you have a screen protector on? If you have it might be the wrong cutout which blocks the proximity sensor from functioning properly. If you don't then most probably your sensor is faulty.

Sent from The Panda's Lair using GAGT
 

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
12,657
Reaction score
240
Is pink fabric case out for 3xl over in sg? In London now and bought the pixel stand, grey and black case. Can't see pink case for xl.

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro Emerald Green using GAGT
 

JackDulouz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2002
Messages
5,432
Reaction score
57
Can't find any google 3XL case in Singtel, even Comcenter..

Is pink fabric case out for 3xl over in sg? In London now and bought the pixel stand, grey and black case. Can't see pink case for xl.

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro Emerald Green using GAGT

Posted from PCWX using Google Pixel 3 XL White
 

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
12,657
Reaction score
240
Can't find any google 3XL case in Singtel, even Comcenter..



Posted from PCWX using Google Pixel 3 XL White
I just checked Google store sg has but no way I will buy from the store. Wait kena 8 percent. Hahhah. Hope out in shops soon.

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro Emerald Green using GAGT
 

JackDulouz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2002
Messages
5,432
Reaction score
57
I'm also waiting for the grey case for my 3XL :(
I just checked Google store sg has but no way I will buy from the store. Wait kena 8 percent. Hahhah. Hope out in shops soon.

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro Emerald Green using GAGT

Posted from PCWX using Google Pixel 3 XL White
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
I'm also waiting for the grey case for my 3XL :(


Posted from PCWX using Google Pixel 3 XL White
I just checked Google store sg has but no way I will buy from the store. Wait kena 8 percent. Hahhah. Hope out in shops soon.

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro Emerald Green using GAGT
Can't find any google 3XL case in Singtel, even Comcenter..



Posted from PCWX using Google Pixel 3 XL White
Is pink fabric case out for 3xl over in sg? In London now and bought the pixel stand, grey and black case. Can't see pink case for xl.

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro Emerald Green using GAGT
So many people like the case? No one using skin like me? Hahah

Sent from The Panda's Lair using GAGT
 

Jedski0412

Junior Member
Joined
May 6, 2018
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Does your pixel 3 have issue when you open the camera app? It will flicker for 1 sec after opening. I also notice 2 vertical lines on top and bottom. And it will immediately disappear as well.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top