2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

shatter86

Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Messages
443
Reaction score
0
anyone using moment wide lens with Pixel 3XL already? how does the photo looks like when using moment lens on portrait mode? can share some pictures for comparison?
 

temytemy

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
1,381
Reaction score
106
fJC5TQ0.jpg

I'm impressed how well at the condition of your previous phones.
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Anyone's phone app despite latest updates to ver.26 but still no dark mode option? How to enable it? On pixel 2 xl btw.

Any of you got call screen working too?
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
I came across the full adhesive tempered glass for Pixel 3/XL on taobao and shipped via ezbuy. Fantastic quality and easy to apply.

BefUZA2.jpg
azpNcmL.jpg

HWzdFy8.jpg

mqJRObD.jpg


Google PIXEL3XL Steel film full-screen full-glue full version of the Edge 3 generations of pixel 3 generation HD glass non-bubble fingerprint Muski anti-Fall explosion protection Walleye original mobile phone film https://m.ezbuy.sg/product/51000435842064?src=OneKey

Noticed the tgsp covers the front dual cameras too. Is the picture quality still fine?
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
3D printed specifically for multiple phone camera shootout?! haha. Naise! You can fight with my friend. He's not collecting any newer ones, but he has all the Nexus. Including nexus player and nexus Q I think. Also has the HTC Dream (local set with full box) just for kicks. haha.

Google uses this to train their machine learning model for portrait shot iirc
 

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,892
Reaction score
1,448
anyone using both oneonplus 6t and pixel 3? thinking should get pixel to play not.

But software wise pixel like quite bad atm, the pill navigation is inferior
 

Kyushinro

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,054
Reaction score
0
Same for me. I can live with a tgsp that doesn't have full coverage. Apply a glue to stick the glass really makes me uncomfortable. :s13:

Even though I had previously mentioned my concerns about the glue, I decided to take the plunge with the WSD tgsp after watching a few installation videos.

Overall I am very glad that I make the switch (from caseology tgsp). The installation jig is very well made and if you watched the youtube videos a couple of times, you should have no issues with the installation. Other than the UV light that's a bit wonky and does not turn on some of time, everything else went on smoothly.

It's refreshing to move on from the caseology and not have light leakage from the side due to the glass not fully covering the screen.

One drawback I've experience tho is that the edges seemed to attract dust and lint, probably due to the glue used. Perhaps I will wipe the edge with some alcohol swabs again.
 

limmk

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
44,700
Reaction score
8,480
Anyone's phone app despite latest updates to ver.26 but still no dark mode option? How to enable it? On pixel 2 xl btw.

Any of you got call screen working too?

Got dark mode on pixel 2 xl. Did you turn off night mode in Dev options?
No call screen.
 

Kyushinro

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,054
Reaction score
0
Got dark mode on pixel 2 xl. Did you turn off night mode in Dev options?
No call screen.

The dark mode is not available for me in phone app too. I'm tried turning off the dev option. I'll just wait for it to be available.
 

limmk

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
44,700
Reaction score
8,480
The dark mode is not available for me in phone app too. I'm tried turning off the dev option. I'll just wait for it to be available.

Phone app three dots menus -> settings -> display, did you see the toggle?
UHAtugx.jpg

QwaDfMr.jpg

cRrr5bP.jpg
 
Last edited:

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
Even though I had previously mentioned my concerns about the glue, I decided to take the plunge with the WSD tgsp after watching a few installation videos.

Overall I am very glad that I make the switch (from caseology tgsp). The installation jig is very well made and if you watched the youtube videos a couple of times, you should have no issues with the installation. Other than the UV light that's a bit wonky and does not turn on some of time, everything else went on smoothly.

It's refreshing to move on from the caseology and not have light leakage from the side due to the glass not fully covering the screen.

One drawback I've experience tho is that the edges seemed to attract dust and lint, probably due to the glue used. Perhaps I will wipe the edge with some alcohol swabs again.
Don't worry about the lint and maomao lol. It will go off after a few days. That was what happened on my 2XL last year :)
Singapore version �
I wait for you to do it then I get you to do mine hahaha!
Got dark mode on pixel 2 xl. Did you turn off night mode in Dev options?
No call screen.
Anyway bro mine also don't have dark mode so sad :(

Sent from The Panda's Lair using GAGT
 

limmk

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
44,700
Reaction score
8,480

kazekai

Member
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
283
Reaction score
9
Yas 26.0.222848963-publicbeta
Oh no wonder la, the current non beta version says the dark mode will be rolling out in the next few weeks, so it's not available yet.

No wonder I kept clearing cache and storage for the phone app, and switching off all the dark modes everywhere (display setting, dev settings, message settings, and contacts settings) also cannot get it to work, lol.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT
 

limmk

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
44,700
Reaction score
8,480
Oh no wonder la, the current non beta version says the dark mode will be rolling out in the next few weeks, so it's not available yet.

No wonder I kept clearing cache and storage for the phone app, and switching off all the dark modes everywhere (display setting, dev settings, message settings, and contacts settings) also cannot get it to work, lol.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT

The beta is very stable, so you may want to try out.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top