2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
whenever there is an update on android version or security update on the google pixel 3 xl, will the phone prompt me ?

If i didnt check this forum i wouldn't have known that there is a security update for the phone =/

Yes, it will even download and install the latest software version on its own and prompt you to restart the phone when it's done to complete the installation.

The thing about Android is OTA doesn't roll out to all devices simultaneously, unlike iOS. The rollout is in stages and could even take weeks. However, if you're impatient, you can just "Check for Updates" to manually pull the OTA.
 

eejoel

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2019
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Yes, it will even download and install the latest software version on its own and prompt you to restart the phone when it's done to complete the installation.

The thing about Android is OTA doesn't roll out to all devices simultaneously, unlike iOS. The rollout is in stages and could even take weeks. However, if you're impatient, you can just "Check for Updates" to manually pull the OTA.

oh no wonder, thanks! next time i will just wait for them to roll out to my phone :)
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
37,832
Reaction score
10,080
White stone dome glass. Expensive but well worth it imo

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3

Mai la. I see alot ppl using. I personally applied for 1 of my friend, glue sips in at the gap between the screen and the frame. Si bei ugly when the glue is cured lor
 

androidmazon

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2014
Messages
982
Reaction score
0
White stone dome glass. Expensive but well worth it imo

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3

WSD is good, but have to take note of the case that will be used with it, tight cases might lift the glass.

Today is my forth time applying the WSD on my Pixel 3 XL. First failure was because of dust and non-level surface, I immediately clean up the glue and proceed with 2nd attempt. 2nd attempt was also failure due to tray alignment mistake, that causes the glue not flowing to the connector side, I pressed on the glass to allow the glue to flow. The result looks good initially, but halo developed at the right side of the screen on the second day of application. I thought this was due to me manually pressing on the glass for the glue to flow, that interfered the flow of glue. I made another purchase of the the WSD on Fri and receive the following Mon, the eve of CNY.
My 3rd attempt was on the first day of CNY morning, everything went very smoothly, glue flow nicely to the entire screen, I thought everything is good, but again halo developed at the left side of the screen in the late afternoon. It became 'longer' on the second day. This morning the right side of the screen also developed some halo. I suspect this was due to the Rhinoshield Solidsuit case that I'd been using, the case is hard and is tight. For the last two attempts, I'd immediately slap the phone into the case right after the curing process, the glue may not had been harden enough, hence some glue might have been pushed out of the screen when fitting the phone in the case. This is why my thumb feel 'greasy' and the side of the case is also 'greasy' after I slap the phone into the case. I decided to make some changes for the final attempt.
I removed the glass from the phone, clean up all the glue and proceed with my 4th attempt. Now I use a much longer time on the curing process, each region 5 mins. After curing, I slap the phone into a IMak Airbag series case which is less tight compared to the Rhinoshield Solidsuit. Will see the result after one day, this is my last bottle of the glue, if it failed again I would give up on WSD and back to Nillkin H+ Pro.
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
37,832
Reaction score
10,080
WSD is good, but have to take note of the case that will be used with it, tight cases might lift the glass.

Today is my forth time applying the WSD on my Pixel 3 XL. First failure was because of dust and non-level surface, I immediately clean up the glue and proceed with 2nd attempt. 2nd attempt was also failure due to tray alignment mistake, that causes the glue not flowing to the connector side, I pressed on the glass to allow the glue to flow. The result looks good initially, but halo developed at the right side of the screen on the second day of application. I thought this was due to me manually pressing on the glass for the glue to flow, that interfered the flow of glue. I made another purchase of the the WSD on Fri and receive the following Mon, the eve of CNY.
My 3rd attempt was on the first day of CNY morning, everything went very smoothly, glue flow nicely to the entire screen, I thought everything is good, but again halo developed at the left side of the screen in the late afternoon. It became 'longer' on the second day. This morning the right side of the screen also developed some halo. I suspect this was due to the Rhinoshield Solidsuit case that I'd been using, the case is hard and is tight. For the last two attempts, I'd immediately slap the phone into the case right after the curing process, the glue may not had been harden enough, hence some glue might have been pushed out of the screen when fitting the phone in the case. This is why my thumb feel 'greasy' and the side of the case is also 'greasy' after I slap the phone into the case. I decided to make some changes for the final attempt.
I removed the glass from the phone, clean up all the glue and proceed with my 4th attempt. Now I use a much longer time on the curing process, each region 5 mins. After curing, I slap the phone into a IMak Airbag series case which is less tight compared to the Rhinoshield Solidsuit. Will see the result after one day, this is my last bottle of the glue, if it failed again I would give up on WSD and back to Nillkin H+ Pro.

precisely. tedious process. does yours have the glue sip into the gap between the screen and the frame?

how much u spend total on WSD? $100?
 

androidmazon

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2014
Messages
982
Reaction score
0
precisely. tedious process. does yours have the glue sip into the gap between the screen and the frame?

how much u spend total on WSD? $100?

Yes, but not that bad, those were actually caused by my first and 2nd application. There won't have any glue flow out of the screen if it was applied correctly.
I spent a total of $80+ for my 2 purchases of the WSD. Both were $50 - coupon discount. I would definitely not spend another $40+ if this fail again.
 

fevern0va

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
710
Reaction score
137
precisely. tedious process. does yours have the glue sip into the gap between the screen and the frame?

how much u spend total on WSD? $100?

Bro, after 2 months. The hardened glue that slipped into the gap can be removed. Just using a wet alcohol based wipe, slowly rub against it. I now have a perfect wsd and phone. Haha. Sides still collecting dust and lint though so have to use wet wipes (non alcohol based) every week or so.
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
37,832
Reaction score
10,080
Bro, after 2 months. The hardened glue that slipped into the gap can be removed. Just using a wet alcohol based wipe, slowly rub against it. I now have a perfect wsd and phone. Haha. Sides still collecting dust and lint though so have to use wet wipes (non alcohol based) every week or so.

Thanks bro for sharing. I shall try on my friend set lol. U just use alcohol and nothing else?
 

fevern0va

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
710
Reaction score
137
Thanks bro for sharing. I shall try on my friend set lol. U just use alcohol and nothing else?

Yup, after 1-2 months, the **** will just clump up with the dust collected. At least it's no longer noticeable on my phone haha. Key is to be gentle and avoid contact with the sides of the glass itself.
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
37,832
Reaction score
10,080
Yup, after 1-2 months, the **** will just clump up with the dust collected. At least it's no longer noticeable on my phone haha. Key is to be gentle and avoid contact with the sides of the glass itself.

Cool. Gonna try it. Cos my friend set is quite bad sia. Looks damn ugly at the gaps :s22:
 

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,894
Reaction score
1,448
My application no problem. Applied twice since first one broke. No lint and dust at the side.

If the glue at the edges starts falling out, put some glue at the edge of a piece of paper and dap it in then cure again.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3
 

kryptonit3

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2008
Messages
2,306
Reaction score
1,887
WSD is good, but have to take note of the case that will be used with it, tight cases might lift the glass.

Today is my forth time applying the WSD on my Pixel 3 XL. First failure was because of dust and non-level surface, I immediately clean up the glue and proceed with 2nd attempt. 2nd attempt was also failure due to tray alignment mistake, that causes the glue not flowing to the connector side, I pressed on the glass to allow the glue to flow. The result looks good initially, but halo developed at the right side of the screen on the second day of application. I thought this was due to me manually pressing on the glass for the glue to flow, that interfered the flow of glue. I made another purchase of the the WSD on Fri and receive the following Mon, the eve of CNY.
My 3rd attempt was on the first day of CNY morning, everything went very smoothly, glue flow nicely to the entire screen, I thought everything is good, but again halo developed at the left side of the screen in the late afternoon. It became 'longer' on the second day. This morning the right side of the screen also developed some halo. I suspect this was due to the Rhinoshield Solidsuit case that I'd been using, the case is hard and is tight. For the last two attempts, I'd immediately slap the phone into the case right after the curing process, the glue may not had been harden enough, hence some glue might have been pushed out of the screen when fitting the phone in the case. This is why my thumb feel 'greasy' and the side of the case is also 'greasy' after I slap the phone into the case. I decided to make some changes for the final attempt.
I removed the glass from the phone, clean up all the glue and proceed with my 4th attempt. Now I use a much longer time on the curing process, each region 5 mins. After curing, I slap the phone into a IMak Airbag series case which is less tight compared to the Rhinoshield Solidsuit. Will see the result after one day, this is my last bottle of the glue, if it failed again I would give up on WSD and back to Nillkin H+ Pro.
Just get the one from casefactorie.. adhesive and no worries of glue peeling at edges (ugly white line) or dust magnet at the edges... Cheaper as well.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT
 

limmk

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
44,743
Reaction score
8,483
https://9to5google.com/2019/02/07/tech21-evotype-pixel-3-xl-keyboard-case/amp/
tech21_evotype_pixel3_xl_8.jpg
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top