2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
One other thing, I just tried to activate haptic feedback on my Pixel 2XL (I know this isn't the same thread but...)

It appears to be broken. Is this a common problem? Seems a big hassle to go all the way down to get it fixed and not have the phone for a few days.

Mine is pixel 2 XL too. I all along disabled this. But tested mine to be still working upon reading your post. I dont think its a common issue.
 

vodcast

Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
207
Reaction score
4
Hi guys.. just got my pixel 3 xl 2 days back and now there is this black band around the phone that just came out suddenly.. anyone can point me in the right direction on where I can go-to for warranty claims or repairs? My unit is from Starhub! Appreciate it guys..
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
37,832
Reaction score
10,080
Hi guys.. just got my pixel 3 xl 2 days back and now there is this black band around the phone that just came out suddenly.. anyone can point me in the right direction on where I can go-to for warranty claims or repairs? My unit is from Starhub! Appreciate it guys..

Its at the first post of this thread
 

phayze

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2000
Messages
5,286
Reaction score
233
Any photo of how it look like?

Hi guys.. just got my pixel 3 xl 2 days back and now there is this black band around the phone that just came out suddenly.. anyone can point me in the right direction on where I can go-to for warranty claims or repairs? My unit is from Starhub! Appreciate it guys..
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Normal. Don't like the notch on the xl and prefer a smaller phone.

I signed starhub 2 yrs contract $50/mth with 13gb data, phone price $448 which I feel is still ok. Works out to be about $30 subscription payment per month and the phone is free compared to non contract phone price from outside shops.

2 yrs contact at $50/mth mean $1200. Phone price is $448 mean total for 24 months is $1648.

Outside selling P3 for $920. Sign M1 Sim only for $20 which has 15GB data mean you only pay $1400 for 24 months.
 

eejoel

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2019
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
An issue happened yesterday on my PXL 3 xl as well. I turn off my phone because i wanted to change my casing. And after that i couldn't turn it on and I almost panicked.. hence i went to charge my phone to see if it works and it works. the screen showed my home page. I was then confused if i really did turn off the phone anot because even if i didn't turn it off, by pressing the power button for long, the screen should be turn off as well. Anyway after that incident , the phone is working normally again. I guess it was a one off incident but i will keep on monitoring. :s13:

you all can share as well if anyone of u have issues turning on the phone as well.
 

temytemy

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
1,381
Reaction score
106
I just got hit by a black screen this morning after restarting my P3XL. The phone was still alive as touching the fingerprint scanner produced feedback. Had to hard reset it.
 

kryptonit3

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2008
Messages
2,306
Reaction score
1,887
An issue happened yesterday on my PXL 3 xl as well. I turn off my phone because i wanted to change my casing. And after that i couldn't turn it on and I almost panicked.. hence i went to charge my phone to see if it works and it works. the screen showed my home page. I was then confused if i really did turn off the phone anot because even if i didn't turn it off, by pressing the power button for long, the screen should be turn off as well. Anyway after that incident , the phone is working normally again. I guess it was a one off incident but i will keep on monitoring. :s13:

you all can share as well if anyone of u have issues turning on the phone as well.
yes a one off thing might be related to OS, encountered before too..
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,926
Reaction score
13,668
Is there any adapter that can charge and listen to earphones at the same time?
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
Is there any adapter that can charge and listen to earphones at the same time?

I do not recommend any unofficial cables to do that. There have been reports so far where people damaged their earphones with such cables.
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,926
Reaction score
13,668
I do not recommend any unofficial cables to do that. There have been reports so far where people damaged their earphones with such cables.

Is there a good way to charge and listen using wired at the same time?
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Go wireless on your charging.

On desk, you can use a wireless charger while your headphone is connected.

On the go, you can use a wireless charging power bank while your headphone is connected. Amazon have them.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top