2018 iPad Pro

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has knowledge of whether I can plug a USB-C 3.5mm audio adapter to the USB-C Multiport VGA adapter? I am trying to get the 2 adapters to have the ipad able to project to a lecture with sound (now that 3.5mm port is gone).

I strongly believe it should work since it is an Apple branded adapter and the USB-C port on the adapter supports data pass-through . Buy it and try. If they don’t work, you can always return them.

joshwong11

Reaction score
Am I the only one who prefers the feel of the iPad Pro 10.5 to the new iPad Pro 11 in the hands? Odd...

Yea, if u r the type who uses ur ipad naked without any case. The chamfered edge of the 10.5 definitely feels more comfortable on the hand.

icheb

Reaction score
Out of stock. Ordering online from them is 19th Nov earliest, or 26th Nov store pickup. :(

I check the Apple store app in my phone this morning and when I put the iPad in my cart, store collection is today.

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But the old iPad Pro looks just like all the iPad leh. At least the new one looks different.

Yea, if u r the type who uses ur ipad naked without any case. The chamfered edge of the 10.5 definitely feels more comfortable on the hand.

wind30

Reaction score

I have every generation of ipad using with only Smart Cover.

I thought the 10.5 is by far the most durable. It has survived close to 6 drops.

Previous gen will die in 2-3 drops. Either screen shatter or button stuck.

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone having issue unlocking their devices with Face ID?

I find that my devices doesn’t unlock as readily as my iPhone; most of the time it misses and indicates that my camera is covered.

Now, I reset my Face ID and the device refuses to let me proceed setting up. When I’m at the set up page, it keeps saying Face ID not available, try again later.

Chevalier

Master Member
Reaction score

I find that my devices doesn’t unlock as readily as my iPhone; most of the time it misses and indicates that my camera is covered.

Now, I reset my Face ID and the device refuses to let me proceed setting up. When I’m at the set up page, it keeps saying Face ID not available, try again later.

no problem here man. in fact i find the ipad unlocks better in awkward positions

e.g im lying down and the ipad is on my chest and my face looks like a blob and it still unlocks

plainsman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone feel that this 2018 ipad design is similar to ipad very first gen?

yup agree.. it feels like the perfect version of the design of the 1st ipad

maybe jony ives did the same

he also said iphone x is like the perfect version of the original iphone

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Lol.. I had similar issue.. then I realised I must look at the camera and not look at the screen. Then Face ID will work flawlessly!
PS; I even had tg on.

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol.. I had similar issue.. then I realised I must look at the camera and not look at the screen. Then Face ID will work flawlessly!
PS; I even had tg on.

Tried many times setting, in various angles, looks squarely onto the screen/camera but can’t work.

Decided to remove my TG and now, my Face ID works flawlessly.

Can share where you get your TG and brand, PM if not convenient. Thanks.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried many times setting, in various angles, looks squarely onto the screen/camera but can’t work.

Decided to remove my TG and now, my Face ID works flawlessly.

Can share where you get your TG and brand, PM if not convenient. Thanks.

Got it from Burlington sq. Forgot the shop name but the price not worth it. I got no choice cos I’m in a rush so I got it from that shop at 49 bucks. Anyway, that’s the last piece also. Wait for mobile hardware at Burlington to bring it in. They told me its coming in soon when I ask them during the launch day. Then no choice I ask the shop beside mobile hardware, they got the last piece.

sillyb0y

Master Member
Reaction score
Which brand of glass protector should get for iPad pro? I don't want affect the pencil sensor

Seedbox

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From MacRumors forum, got quite a number of users stating that TG screen protectors are causing issues with Face ID and touch sensitivity.

Any feedback from those who had already pasted TG on their iPads? :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.