[2023] Apple Vision Pro Discusssion Thread

limpe84

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
1,191
for my self I can only maximized usage for apple vision pro for entertainment specially when traveling. But yes maybe for others they may find it useful and can afford 5.3k SGD.
Right now, the product definitely feels like a hard sell for me, between its hard price and the lack of content and apps. Plus the processor is already 2 years old.

Hoping for a Gen 2 headset which is cheaper, lighter and with better ecosystem support.
 

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
17,141
Reaction score
469
That price I can buy 2x RTX4090 with some spare change to buy 2 Quest 3

😂
 

limpe84

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
1,191
So is anyone pre-ordering tomorrow? I may book an appointment to go down and try it out just for the experience, but I don’t see myself getting one (at least not the first gen). Already bought an M4 iPad Pro and I am planning to upgrade my Apple Watch later in the year (seems like the series 5 won‘t get watchOS 11) and $6k is a bit too much for an unproven product category right now.
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
So is anyone pre-ordering tomorrow? I may book an appointment to go down and try it out just for the experience, but I don’t see myself getting one (at least not the first gen). Already bought an M4 iPad Pro and I am planning to upgrade my Apple Watch later in the year (seems like the series 5 won‘t get watchOS 11) and $6k is a bit too much for an unproven product category right now.
I am trying to order. The prescription lens not available for ordering in Singapore 😂

Seems like they can only sell to those with perfect ear sight in SG, or willing to use contact lens.

I might still buy to test and return if it doesn’t meet expectations. 😆
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
I am trying to order. The prescription lens not available for ordering in Singapore 😂

Seems like they can only sell to those with perfect ear sight in SG, or willing to use contact lens.

I might still buy to test and return if it doesn’t meet expectations. 😆
hmmm i thought it's an option online???
 

justin007

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
2,344
Reaction score
8
It’s available. I managed to get mine made. It’s just that your eye power must be between 6 & -6 and cyl values is -2 and 0… also long sighted due to old age is also supported… the trick is… u need to get your optician to send u a pdf of your power… and in it u need all the information and entered like this.. e.g..right -6.00/-1.00 x 165 add +2.50 pd 34 & left -6.00/-1.00 x 165 add +2.50 pd 33 and also your date of birth has to be in there as well.
Make sure it’s an official information, with the optician’s logo and address, e.g. sales receipt…
My order got rejected twice… until I got it right…
Hopefully this info helps others trying or those interested to order them.
 

limpe84

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
1,191
How did you book the appointment? I cannot find anything on the website.
It’s available on their website now. My guess is that Apple wanted to wait for it to be made available first before opening up slots for it.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,153
Reaction score
3,190
saw people testing it and buying when I was at Orchard  store yesterday
I tested it Apple Marina Bay.

Good experience. As always, Apple wins on the gestures.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top