2026 Macbook Neo

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,118
Reaction score
13,160
no coz i went to the apple i told them the full story... they said hmmm ask me to bring the macbook neo come here test...
I happened to be reading about it and saw that only one of the ports can work for external display, so wondering if that could be the cause though also suspected that you'd have known about that.

I've not gone to see the adapter, so can't comment on that...

holy.... ref macbook air would be better? but that again has gone up in price at around 13++ to 1400
MacBook Air would definitely be better. This Neo is more of an entry-level MacBook for people who aren't sure if they want to switch to Mac for good. Like test test water... Like me, before I bought the Neo. :o
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,118
Reaction score
13,160
MacBook Air will cost from $1899.

I bought the 512gb Neo cause of the low price and it does what I need.
Ya, I'm glad they started the Neo line so more people can afford a MacBook.

I was actually looking at the MB Air but attention drawn to the Neo. Spoke to the staff and decided that my present purposes would suffice with just the Neo.

Still playing around with it...
 

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
20,176
Reaction score
2,552
I happened to be reading about it and saw that only one of the ports can work for external display, so wondering if that could be the cause though also suspected that you'd have known about that.

I've not gone to see the adapter, so can't comment on that...


MacBook Air would definitely be better. This Neo is more of an entry-level MacBook for people who aren't sure if they want to switch to Mac for good. Like test test water... Like me, before I bought the Neo. :o
ya the apple guy also asked me about if i connected on the wrong port.. but i tried both just to be sure.. the ext display went in to standby mode only...
b4 apple price up... a apple refurbished macbook air would cost around 1200 on apple site or even less on the deals.
 

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
20,176
Reaction score
2,552
if its not due to the freaking ai crap.. mem and storage prices would be better.
and everyone can start with a 256gb storage then ext upgrade to a 1tb with a hub
 

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2001
Messages
7,740
Reaction score
576
Ya, I'm glad they started the Neo line so more people can afford a MacBook.

I was actually looking at the MB Air but attention drawn to the Neo. Spoke to the staff and decided that my present purposes would suffice with just the Neo.

Still playing around with it...
Yeah. I started with a MB Pro, then Air, then iMac and then a Neo. Actually bought an Air when apple quoted me 1K to repair my iMac. Found out about the Neo then returned the Air to the Apple Store the next day to buy the Neo. Sufficient for my work and surfing needs.
 
Last edited:

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,191
Reaction score
12,224
MacBook Air would definitely be better. This Neo is more of an entry-level MacBook for people who aren't sure if they want to switch to Mac for good. Like test test water... Like me, before I bought the Neo. :o

MacBook Air will cost from $1899.

I bought the 512gb Neo cause of the low price and it does what I need.

It all depends on the use cases.

I have been a Mac users since 2011 (Mac Mini 2011, upgraded from 2GB to 8GB, no change to 512 GB HDD), then Mac Mini M1 in 2021 (8GB/256GB version) and then MacBook Neo (8GB/256GB version ) in 2026.

No issues with 8GB RAM for my use cases: no photo editing, no video editing, mainly for cross platform open source software projects involvement.

Other than Chrome browser and text editors, I use mostly terminal applications on the Mac (Homebrew on top of Xcode command line tool, not using Xcode).
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,118
Reaction score
13,160
ya the apple guy also asked me about if i connected on the wrong port.. but i tried both just to be sure.. the ext display went in to standby mode only...
b4 apple price up... a apple refurbished macbook air would cost around 1200 on apple site or even less on the deals.
Another possibility that I just thought of, is loose connection.

I've this problem with my external monitor before, coz of my old laptop. It only occurred to me when the guy who came to install the new monitor mentioned it. That is, my old monitor wasn't spoiled like I thought, but it could just be the connection being loose...

It all depends on the use cases.

I have been a Mac users since 2011 (Mac Mini 2011, upgraded from 2GB to 8GB, no change to 512 GB HDD), then Mac Mini M1 in 2021 (8GB/256GB version) and then MacBook Neo (8GB/256GB version ) in 2026.

No issues with 8GB RAM for my use cases: no photo editing, no video editing, mainly for cross platform open source software projects involvement.

Other than Chrome browser and text editors, I use mostly terminal applications on the Mac (Homebrew on top of Xcode command line tool, not using Xcode).
Actually, the thing that helped me make a rather quick decision to get the Neo, is the price. Just thinking of how much I've been paying for my other Apple devices especially the iPhone Pro Max, it's worth a shot. :grin:
 

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
20,176
Reaction score
2,552
Ah refurbished!

I am not one who shops at a thrift store type.
nono its good as new... apple change new batt for you. same warranty one year.
its really good as new. u can save somewhere 100 to 500 on the same unit.
apple refurbished standard is really really high one
most of the time its only display units
 

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2001
Messages
7,740
Reaction score
576
nono its good as new... apple change new batt for you. same warranty one year.
its really good as new. u can save somewhere 100 to 500 on the same unit.
apple refurbished standard is really really high one
most of the time its only display units
Noted, maybe the next time when the Neo KO on me then I will get one.

Never really bought anything used or 2nd hand before.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top