- Joined
- Aug 8, 2012
- Messages
- 9,549
- Reaction score
- 4,159
Apple's direct refurbished/2nd hand can buy, any others nah.Noted, maybe the next time when the Neo KO on me then I will get one.
Never really bought anything used or 2nd hand before.

Apple's direct refurbished/2nd hand can buy, any others nah.Noted, maybe the next time when the Neo KO on me then I will get one.
Never really bought anything used or 2nd hand before.
Well my iMac did sorta in 2 years and 15 days.I guess u need to wait 5yrs? Apple products really hard to KO. haha...
Noted. Just that I never bought any 2nd hand stuffs before.Apple's direct refurbished/2nd hand can buy, any others nah.
When was your imac? Their products are really reliable in recent years.Well my iMac did sorta in 2 years and 15 days.
2024 SeptemberWhen was your imac? Their products are really reliable in recent years.
That’s unfortunate. Most of my Apple products lasted for years. I want to change/upgrade also feel heart pain. Still working what, why change. Haha.2024 September
Year so far my previous MacBooks lasted me till I sold them just because I wanted something new that's all.That’s unfortunate. Most of my Apple products lasted for years. I want to change/upgrade also feel heart pain. Still working what, why change. Haha.
Heard of lemon set? Happened to a couple of mine before, even Apple couldn't say why.That’s unfortunate. Most of my Apple products lasted for years. I want to change/upgrade also feel heart pain. Still working what, why change. Haha.
Then I lucky lor. HahaHeard of lemon set? Happened to a couple of mine before, even Apple couldn't say why.
I always have Apple+ and not desperate enough to look at refurbished too.
1TB SSDhow about your disk space? how much do have?
i would believe the neo would last you a long long time.Noted, maybe the next time when the Neo KO on me then I will get one.
Never really bought anything used or 2nd hand before.
1tb should be very ok unless your 1tb is close to being full that why got mem swapping?1TB SSD
sorry for ur ex mac's loss...Noted. Just that I never bought any 2nd hand stuffs before.
I really hope so as my use for a pc is quite low.i would believe the neo would last you a long long time.
as per all macs... i am not a mac using.. but u can ask any mac user
I really hope so as my use for a pc is quite low.
low? meaning u just leave the pc there?I really hope so as my use for a pc is quite low.
nv i own any macs b4 as i just could not understand them...My experiences just for reference: so far Apple products are very good in terms of reliability.
Mac Mini 2011 -- 2011 to 2019 (most likely power supply died)
Mac Mini M1 -- 2020 to now
MacBook Neo -- 2026
iPad 2 -- 2011 to 2021 (battey bloated after putting aside for a while)
iPad Mini -- 2013 to 2026 (cannot power up now)
iPad 2018 -- 2019 to now
iPad 2019 -- 2020 to now
iPhone 6S 128GB -- 2015 to now (changed battery once, not using)
iPhone 6S+ 128GB -- 2015 to 2019 (Face ID + Battery issue, no point to change battery as per Apple Orchard staff. Then we tried to replaced the battery by ourseleves and failed, if not it may still be alive for longer time)
iPhone 7+ 256GB -- 2016 to now (changed battery once)
iPhone X 256GB -- 2017 to now (changed battery once)
iPhone 14 512GB -- 2022 to now (changed battery once recently)
as a iphone small space user.. i would highly recommend not to pay for bigger storage space like 1tb or higher..
you can export out to your pc or mac and date it
or del the all the rubbish duplicates... vid and photos
later u start at 512 then bigger and bigger then once u hit 2tb how?
i clould + 12tb?
one more thing is the iphone vs pro phone.. unless you are really using all that pro stuff really no point paying but of coz if u baller then no one stopping you.Unfortunately my wife likes to use large storage iPhones as she does not like to delete stuff. And she will only use iPhone as the main phone even she has another Android phone as a backup phone. Next one will be iPhone 18 Pro 512GB but I am trying to convince her to delay and get iPhone 18 512GB instead when Apple releases it early next year.
I myself use mid-range Android phone with 512GB storage now (budget limit to S$500, used to be S$400), Poco X7 Pro 512 GB and Poco X8 Pro Max 512GB.
We have more than 1.2 TB stuff in Google Photos and we are paying for two Google One Standard 200GB plans (S$40 X 2 = S$80 per year), luckily older photos before 1-June-2021 do not count towards the storage entitlement.
The next tier is indeed Google AI Plus 2TB at S$140 per year, which may be worth paying now that they add some extra AI benefits (used to be Google One 2TB plan at the same price).