There's always a chance, but we won't be high up their priority.
They know our buying patterns:
Despite 4k TVs being out there, many in SG still buy DVDs, download illegal videos and their main source of 4k videos is from youtube.
Just like BR players, it took a couple of years or more before they penetrated the market.
Apple and other companies making 4k streaming content may help push 4k along, but let's see if we all buy proper content.
If we all do, then the chance of 4k players coming in fast and furious will happen.
That is why some manufacturer won't entertain request from one person or a group.
They see the market trend before deciding
Whether to sell here or not.
Sad I say, some buy really high end 4K TV.
They either use Android boxes, download movies or DVD. Yes DVD is half the price of Blu ray but at the expense of picture and sound.
Once I was working in Education sector,
When I setup a movie screening using blu Ray disc.
Some thought I borrow the equipment from cinema since the picture and sound was cinema like.
Than I just show them that is power of Blu ray than came Q & A like what is Blu ray disc.
Marketing and push for blu ray disc is none here. Many just see it as a expensive media at $39.90 than opt for $19.90 DVD disc which is cheaper.
Apple just released the Apple 4K HDR TV.
Don't know is it appropriate to bring that into this thread.