benandjerry
Junior Member
- Joined
- Nov 18, 2009
- Messages
- 34
- Reaction score
- 0
Anyone know are there any fishing pond for fishing in batam or any boatman contact? Tia..






Just to add, here is a picture of my 3 hours queue at to clear the customs.
![]()
Hi all
Can someone share what can we do in Batam for a short 2D/1N trip? We are a couple with an almost 1-year-old baby.
I'm eyeing Harris Hotel at Batam Center, being near the port and a shopping centre. (with a baby in tow, moving about is a bit of concern)
-Is there any recommended resto or seafood place near that area?
-Is there a beach within Batam Center? How about a seafood place?
Thank you in advance!
Can someone advice how much money i need to carry with me for a 2D1N trip to batam, excluding hotel stay and ferry travel, for 3 adults and 2 kids..
BCC hotel is a good choice, just beside BCS mall only...My next trip I will try to stay near BCS mall.
Do share your experience with us when you are back.![]()

I spent a lot of time researching for what to do in Batam for a short 2D1N trip. I thought it'd be a waste not to put it up. Here are some tips on getting around, where to go etc.
Deals aren't as cheap as they seem. For most, you have to add $27 ferry terminal fees to the listed price, so you don't exactly save on them. Moreover, you have to stick to their itinerary and tip their drivers. They take you to the Polo Outlet shop, the Maha Vihara Duta Maitreya Temple, Batam Chocolate House etc but honestly, I wasn't interested in any of those. I wanted to go where the locals go and do some sightseeing.
I booked a deluxe room for $60/night at GGi Hotel. Then 2 return ferry tickets for $94. That makes $154 for a 2D1N trip for 2, $77/person.
Nothing to see in Batam? You'll be mistaken. A series of 6 bridges connect several islands near Batam to each other, and the view is fantastic. I only went to 2/6 bridges because I set out late. Go there for the sunset! The drive there is about 40mins. A vendor in Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall Food Street introduced me to Ab. He drove me to Barelang Bridge and back for only 200.000IDR ($25). A nice man, quiet but very helpful. I was so happy with his service I gave him 50.000IDR more. You can contact him at 0812-8670-529.Other drivers offer at least $60, min 1 day.
I did dinner at Harbour Bay Walk, Wey Wey Seafood Restaurant. It's not as fancy as the famed Harbour Bay Seafood Restuarant, but I prefer it as it is more laid-back and less lit; great for stargazing. The band is great. 4 charming young men, talented and not too loud. They set the perfect mood for a seaside restaurant. The food was cooked well but not fresh! How come?! It's a pity because you can tell the chef is skilled. I rejected one of the crabs because it smelled like ammonia. Thankfully, the lady serving us totally made up for it. She bravely went through other parts of the crab and was not afraid to try for herself. After agreeing that the dish was not up to par, she offered to replace it. My dinner mood was dampened but not destroyed. While the restaurant should definitely step up on their livestock (some fish in the tanks looked almost dead) they did the rest well. We ordered prawn, mee goreng, vegetables and crab and our bill was only 216.000IDR.
For after-dinner drinks, I hopped around the hotels and bars. In Planet Holiday's The Summit, the band was performing for tables, chairs and waiters. Other places were more dead than the fish in Wey Wey Seafood Restaurant. We found ourselves in Harmoni's NoName Bar where there was a good crowd, 50.000IDR drinks and a talented band that did covers of Katy Perry and One Direction, then moved on to sappy ballads. We were desperate to find a rock bar and trotted down a lane of raunchy bars to find one, but failed. Should have just stayed at NoName.
The next day started with a massage at Isabella Massage House. 7/10 for massage but the prices are exorbitant and the service is awful. I paid $42/person for a 1.5hr foot, hand and shoulder massage. A walk down the street got me to Eska, offering the very same massage at less than a third of the price in Isabella. Eska, according to reviews is great for massage too.
To get a real view on Batam, go down to Jodoh Boulevard, where there's a very happening night market selling pirated DVDs, clothes and food. It's less hectic in the day, but still fun to tour. Keep your wallet safe, wear shoes you can throw away and it's best if you are accompanied by a male. Still, it's a great photo opportunity, just make sure you triple bind the camera to yourself.
The streets in Batam aren't very walkable, but we walked it any way. Be alert and keep your eye on people who might be tailing you. Fortunately we didn't get harassed. Some friendly people tried to make conversation, we just replied them in few words but never stopped walking. And remember to invest a body scrub to get rid of all that dirt from vehicles and the street!
Wow that's very long man the queue!
Never been to Batam in 2 years. Is this a regular occurrence clearing customs nowadays?
Batam if buy those online groupon is more worth right ?
Batam if buy those online groupon is more worth right ?
read the footnote or term and conditions, don't missed out the surcharge (so-called "terminal tax or tips to guide"), usually near $30 / pax. so it's almost $100/pax, and minimal buying usually 2,, that would be 200/2 pax..
Really useful guide!
but i am still abit confused.
I am looking at Swiss-Belhotel harbour bay stay.
first time doing all these...can guide me on these? please pardon me.
intend to go free and easy without those tour package.