Advice on CIEM please

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
13,691
Reaction score
3,284
Go for fitear 334 la. Just go jaben and listen to 334 first, the rest of the customs Wi sound like crap be it um, jh, rooth, 1964 ears etc. Universal 334 is 1.8k. Custom 334 is 2.5k. It's the best iem I have owned and heard till date. I own like 4 reshelled iems, 1 custom and 4 universals. All I can say it fitear 334 just complete ownage. Owned go down try and u will see what I mean.
 

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
13,691
Reaction score
3,284
AKG K3003 and IE800 are currrently the best Universal In-Ear Earphones that can stand toe to toe with CIEM. Give them a try.

On the subject of growing ear canals, i would advise you to wait till your're in your twenties before buying CIEM. Cause thats when your growth spurt slows down.

AND ears and of course ear-canals grow and change thru-out our lives thats why some elderly have big ears. During adulthood ear canals can change :( with a fluctuation in weight gain or loss. (sign! growing fatter every year, thats me.)

Other than that, CIEM should last you for many years, i will only start to worry if it still fits after 7-10 years, if it even lasts that long.

Those 2 pale in comparison vs fitear to go 334.
 

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2011
Messages
34,930
Reaction score
2,318
Go for fitear 334 la. Just go jaben and listen to 334 first, the rest of the customs Wi sound like crap be it um, jh, rooth, 1964 ears etc. Universal 334 is 1.8k. Custom 334 is 2.5k. It's the best iem I have owned and heard till date. I own like 4 reshelled iems, 1 custom and 4 universals. All I can say it fitear 334 just complete ownage. Owned go down try and u will see what I mean.

Wow. Fitear so power ah?
Duno why my fren keep his 334 in cold storage. Must be his ear screwed liao
 

weng

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
25,078
Reaction score
34
Those 2 pale in comparison vs fitear to go 334.

subjective ba. imo k3003 isn't inferior to 334. just +/-. there are certain characteristics that the 334 can't match too, and vice versa. of the trio although i didn't like the ie800 much, it does have its merits. 334 is good no doubt, but i think it's also good not to overhype until it's like the definitive best, simply because it's not.
 

weng

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
25,078
Reaction score
34
Wow. Fitear so power ah?
Duno why my fren keep his 334 in cold storage. Must be his ear screwed liao

you forgot you also have another friend who even more 果断 sold off his 334. :s13:
 

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
50,979
Reaction score
4
Actually the v6 is within budget leh. At least for my current quote. Problem is I cannot try it. And E1 tells me when the demo sets come back price will increase

Ooo they having promo again?
Iirc it's 2.1k right
That time cny promo become 1.7
I tot your budget 1.3?
Idk uh I very long nv check price Liao

But since u use 535
Your taste and mine should be similar bah 😂😂

And 334 sho satki ma😳😳😱😱
I still want my full cf Roxanne 😛😛
 

nethdale

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,589
Reaction score
109
Ooo they having promo again?
Iirc it's 2.1k right
That time cny promo become 1.7
I tot your budget 1.3?
Idk uh I very long nv check price Liao

But since u use 535
Your taste and mine should be similar bah 😂😂

And 334 sho satki ma😳😳😱😱
I still want my full cf Roxanne 😛😛

Ya should be similar but 334 way over sia budget ppl here. Cannot say exact price here but ya drop.
 

nethdale

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,589
Reaction score
109
Hi guys thanks for all the advise. Haha it seems all u elite too high end liaoz. FitEar is like buying a k10 or 8.A alr but thanks for the advise. I guess I should go n audition more. No love for the rooth here?
 

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
13,691
Reaction score
3,284
Hi guys thanks for all the advise. Haha it seems all u elite too high end liaoz. FitEar is like buying a k10 or 8.A alr but thanks for the advise. I guess I should go n audition more. No love for the rooth here?

Rooth is good but fitear is way too imba
 

nethdale

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,589
Reaction score
109
Koicafex why do u say the v6 stage is lacking? Could u please elaborate?
I talked to 1964 and they recommended me the v6 stage too. however the recommendations are so different from everyone some say v8 some say v6 some say v6s I'm quite confused. Since There are currently no demo sets, it is quite hard to to take a leap of faith cos I just don't have the spare cash to burn on uncertainty(my current price quote is before the demo sets come in). It would be nice if You guys could give me a general overview and then specifically into soundstage mids and instrument separation and what specific genre of music would each earphones(v6/v6s/v8) sound good with. If possible pls so constant comparisons to the Shure 535. Thank you very much

I'm almost sure I wanna go with 1964 cos they are the most budget.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top