Advice on Penang

whoisD

Member
Joined
May 15, 2012
Messages
169
Reaction score
0
@ whoisD: Thanks a lot. Yah, I heard that sometime the bus driver will smoke in the bus while driving...I oso suprise... tot aircon bus no smoking wan... thus decided to bring mask and perfume along for the trip, juz in case.

I oso want go there buy tau sar phia(dunno how to spell), bar kua & moon cake. Any recommendations?

I oso wan go there try the char quay tiao @ Kedai Kopi Bee Hwa in Leboh Dickens, read online, seems not bad.

Err tao sa biscuit is him heang and ghee heang which him heang is more famous for it and ghee heang has better brown sugar biscuit. Bak kwa is not quite easy to get homemade ones as not near cny maybe try the 'long kee' or smth I don't really know the name . You looking for commercial brands of mooncake or homemade ?
If you like hawker go macalister rd at night char koay teow there's diff ones depending on your own liking. Bee hwa is not bad
 

whoisD

Member
Joined
May 15, 2012
Messages
169
Reaction score
0
2 way petrol +toll is close to Sg 200. If 2 pax goin. I rather take coach which is much cheaper right?

But provided you have convenience to move around and stop at diff places for foods and such, I would think that it's ok. Flight is even cheaper nowadays compared to coach I would say.
 

Roidkay

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
If i got car oso will use car. Can juz have toilet break as and when i wan in the journey. Take long distant coach need to plan my toilet break. If got lao sai den siong liao...
Imho, flight price have to depends, different day have different price. Coach price more stable.
 
Last edited:

Roidkay

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
@whoisD: Think will go ghee heang... c online their packaging nicer... better as gift item. The bak kua is Loong Kee... but far from ghee heang lei... moon cake... never tried home made before... macalister rd daytime got food? or they only open @ night?
 
Last edited:

whoisD

Member
Joined
May 15, 2012
Messages
169
Reaction score
0
@whoisD: Think will go ghee heang... c online their packaging nicer... better as gift item. The bak kua is Loong Kee... but far from ghee heang lei... moon cake... never tried home made before... macalister rd daytime got food? or they only open @ night?

You can get it in gurney plaza tho . But BCH is good enough, no? Macalister rd morning got also, night time has more choices but can try pulau tikus market or coffee shop near belissa row for breakfast. Mooncake Foh San is good can get diff brands if you visit malls.
 

UpperCut

Master Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
3,327
Reaction score
0
Anyone stayed at Yeng Keng Hotel at Chulia Street before ?
Planning to go there for 4 nights. mainly for walkabout and local food
 

kakukan

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Help needed

I've just bought a male adult Hard Rock Cafe Penang T-shirt on 18 Aug which is one size too small (Medium) due to a lapse of judgement. I came back to Singapore this morning.

If anyone is going to Hard Rock Cafe from now until 25 Aug, I would like to request your help to exchange my T-shirt to "Large".

I would offer a reasonable reward for your help. Please PM me.

Thanks.

Regards,
kakukan
 

Roidkay

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
You can get it in gurney plaza tho . But BCH is good enough, no? Macalister rd morning got also, night time has more choices but can try pulau tikus market or coffee shop near belissa row for breakfast. Mooncake Foh San is good can get diff brands if you visit malls.

Thanks a lot for yr info. :) BCH is good but quite exp. The price there should be cheaper ba...
 

Roidkay

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Coach to Terminal Bersepadu Selatan(TBS), KL

Is there any coach that go to TBS, KL from Sungai Nibong(Penang)?
 

whoisD

Member
Joined
May 15, 2012
Messages
169
Reaction score
0
Is there any coach that go to TBS, KL from Sungai Nibong(Penang)?

I haven't heard of it usually it's Pudu area as TBS operates from KL to Singapore route as I know. But Aeroline that goes from Queensbay to KL Sunway area is much better I guess.
 

Roidkay

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
I haven't heard of it usually it's Pudu area as TBS operates from KL to Singapore route as I know. But Aeroline that goes from Queensbay to KL Sunway area is much better I guess.

Aeroline is exp. Their coach very good? Better than five star?
 

whoisD

Member
Joined
May 15, 2012
Messages
169
Reaction score
0
Aeroline is exp. Their coach very good? Better than five star?

Yes. They provide meal on board if I'm not mistaken. So far I haven't took coach before but based on my friends review they like aero line more than any other coaches as its cleaner and very on time.
 

Roidkay

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Yes. They provide meal on board if I'm not mistaken. So far I haven't took coach before but based on my friends review they like aero line more than any other coaches as its cleaner and very on time.

Thanks, will take it into consideration, the only problem is aeroline stops @ harbor front. Not quite convenient.
 
Last edited:

whoisD

Member
Joined
May 15, 2012
Messages
169
Reaction score
0
Anyone stayed at Yeng Keng Hotel at Chulia Street before ?
Planning to go there for 4 nights. mainly for walkabout and local food

Yeng Keng was great, not some usual hotel with modern look, I liked it tho. Do pay a visit to China House or other boutique cafe around the area.
 

Roidkay

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Does tune hotel georgetown have instant water heater for shower? What does their toiletries contain? Shampoo, shower foam? Does they provide free usage of toilet paper?
Is the area noisy at night? Night got a lot mosquitoes? Cuz I not planning to use their aircon.
 
Last edited:

limkopilimteh

Senior Member
Joined
May 17, 2012
Messages
572
Reaction score
0
Does tune hotel georgetown have instant water heater for shower? What does their toiletries contain? Shampoo, shower foam? Does they provide free usage of toilet paper?
Is the area noisy at night? Night got a lot mosquitoes? Cuz I not planning to use their aircon.

most answers can be found in their website. do a check first la

area is noisy, can hear next door people talk. Small room, basically its just a place to sleep.

penang is usually very hot, no need to scrimp on that few dollars... at the end of the day, the room is still cheap after u factor in wifi and aircon.
 

Roidkay

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
most answers can be found in their website. do a check first la

area is noisy, can hear next door people talk. Small room, basically its just a place to sleep.

penang is usually very hot, no need to scrimp on that few dollars... at the end of the day, the room is still cheap after u factor in wifi and aircon.

Thanks for your info. Will add in aircon. Wifi maybe not, cuz only one night. I found the info liao, they provide heated shower, toiletries have 1 towel, condition shampoo & soap.
 
Last edited:

Wood4

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2000
Messages
8,253
Reaction score
0
Any recommeded apartment at Georgetown for 8 persons ?
4 in 1 apartment is fine .
Thanks in advance.
 

whoisD

Member
Joined
May 15, 2012
Messages
169
Reaction score
0
Any recommeded apartment at Georgetown for 8 persons ?
4 in 1 apartment is fine .
Thanks in advance.

Golden View is a serviced apartment, In between Gurney and Island Plaza. But so far its only 3 bedrooms if im not mistaken. Aurora Court as well. Some people rent out apartment as holiday homes, maybe at a cheaper rate or bungalow lots at batu ferringhi .
 

Roidkay

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Where can I get a updated map of Georgetown? The sungai nibong bus terminal have? Does tune hotel have?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top