Advice on Penang

Roidkay

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Customs procedure

What is the check in procedure @ customs?

Go Malaysia, @ Singapore check point dun need to scan(luggage leave in bus), Malaysia side den scan.

Come back Singapore, Malaysia check point dun need to scan(luggage leave in bus), Singapore side den scan.

Correct?
 

Denikeve

Master Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2007
Messages
3,899
Reaction score
0
What is the check in procedure @ customs?

Go Malaysia, @ Singapore check point dun need to scan(luggage leave in bus), Malaysia side den scan.

Come back Singapore, Malaysia check point dun need to scan(luggage leave in bus), Singapore side den scan.

Correct?

yap.

10char
 

Roidkay

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Booking of tune hotel

How to choose non-smoking double room with window on the higher floor when booking online?

I go through the process once, till the payment part, never give me the option to choose room leh...
 

whoisD

Member
Joined
May 15, 2012
Messages
169
Reaction score
0
How to choose non-smoking double room with window on the higher floor when booking online?

I go through the process once, till the payment part, never give me the option to choose room leh...

You don't get to choose your room online unless you state in the additional info or until you check in then tell the counter you want to get such rooms.
 

Roidkay

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
You don't get to choose your room online unless you state in the additional info or until you check in then tell the counter you want to get such rooms.

Ooo den its heng or suay thing liao lo... Thanks.
 

nashrul91

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
547
Reaction score
0
anyone knows of cheap and good accomodation there? will be there for 15 nights for visiting. preferably have 1 bedroom.

thanks in adv!
 
Last edited:

Roidkay

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Booking charges for "Penang Speedy Taxi"

This is the email transcript between us. Juz wanna share with you all.
I asked him if his taxi is using meter & whether there is any booking fee. Below is his reply.

Yes my exec taxi is meter based.

We can do the whole trips on meter.
Meter start at RM6 & RM2/km.

There is no booking fees but need to pay a small deposit.

If u book either budget or exec taxi need a min deposit of usd20

Budget taxi may not be cheaper due to almost all penang budget taxi refused to use meter and want a fixed rate. So budget fixed rate is almost same as using meter on exec taxis.

Mr Lee
Mobile No: +6012 492 9204

I feel that the min deposit of usd20 is too much, therefore did not "use" him.
Do you all feel the same thnig? Or it is ok?
 
Last edited:

Roidkay

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
I suddenly realize I have a problem. When I reach Sungai Nibong, Penang, I can't take the rapid penang bus to georgetown. I got no small change for the bus fare. I only got 50rm notes... Where can a get small change @ Sungai Nibong bus terminal?
 

nashrul91

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
547
Reaction score
0
This is the email transcript between us. Juz wanna share with you all.
I asked him if his taxi is using meter & whether there is any booking fee. Below is his reply.

Yes my exec taxi is meter based.

We can do the whole trips on meter.
Meter start at RM6 & RM2/km.

There is no booking fees but need to pay a small deposit.

If u book either budget or exec taxi need a min deposit of usd20

Budget taxi may not be cheaper due to almost all penang budget taxi refused to use meter and want a fixed rate. So budget fixed rate is almost same as using meter on exec taxis.

Mr Lee
Mobile No: +6012 492 9204

I feel that the min deposit of usd20 is too much, therefore did not "use" him.
Do you all feel the same thnig? Or it is ok?

no matter how high the budget taxi charge u. its still cheaper than the exec one. had the same incident in johor too.
 

funky05

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
1,776
Reaction score
119
I suddenly realize I have a problem. When I reach Sungai Nibong, Penang, I can't take the rapid penang bus to georgetown. I got no small change for the bus fare. I only got 50rm notes... Where can a get small change @ Sungai Nibong bus terminal?

There are a lot of shops at the 2nd level.. Don't buy any electronic goods etc cos it will be sold 150% higher than town prices.. Just get a cup of tea or prata.. Can pay with RM50 and get change :)
 

Roidkay

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
There are a lot of shops at the 2nd level.. Don't buy any electronic goods etc cos it will be sold 150% higher than town prices.. Just get a cup of tea or prata.. Can pay with RM50 and get change :)

ahh... thanks a lot. Can have breakfast @ the same time. But i wanna save my stomach for georgetown street hawker...
 
Last edited:

sneggg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
19,988
Reaction score
308
Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang or Hotel Continental Penang is better ?
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang or Hotel Continental Penang is better ?

Bayview ba. but continential is around traders hotel there.
In terms of location will chose hotel continental, but if rooms wise is bayview.
Stayed at Hotel Royal Penang before not bad.
 

sneggg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
19,988
Reaction score
308
Bayview ba. but continential is around traders hotel there.
In terms of location will chose hotel continental, but if rooms wise is bayview.
Stayed at Hotel Royal Penang before not bad.


thanks continental loosk old but traders abit exp lol n i need 3 beds in a room.
royal penang location good ?

just found anothe hotel cititel. good ?
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top