小米AIoT路由器 AX3600

porky_88

Reaction score
I'm still wondering why people are saying that after flashing china fw on their Qoo10 global set they are getting better signal? Placebo effect?

the china firmware to-date (who knows maybe next version will change) does not check country code in bdata. so china or global unit don't matter. So it will tx at 30dbm power. It is not placebo.

the low tx power limit is on global units (EU) with global firmware.

again, this is if you do not tinker under the hood.

Last edited:

bauer24

Reaction score
Haha I'm looking to get the Chinese model after I shift house in May.

LOL... since Xiaomi AX3600 is not registered with IMDA, technically it cannot be sold locally. If you do a search on xiaomi sg website. none of the wireless routers are listed.

On a different note. If you buy the global unit and do not do any modifications
1) the unit supports english
2) the countrycode in bdata is EU and you will get 14dbm on 2.4G and on 5G 16dbm and 23dbm for channels 100 and above. this is irrespective on the country selected in the setup.

Read more here.
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/xiaomi-ax3600-int-firmware/74276/319

I'm still wondering why people are saying that after flashing china fw on their Qoo10 global set they are getting better signal? Placebo effect?

Can't say for sure since I don't have the router, but from previous discussions it seems that the Chinese firmware unlocks more transmission power that was previously disabled in international firmware as it's way past the legal threshold in places like the EU.

porky_88

Reaction score
Haha I'm looking to get the Chinese model after I shift house in May.

Can't say for sure since I don't have the router, but from previous discussions it seems that the Chinese firmware unlocks more transmission power that was previously disabled in international firmware as it's way past the legal threshold in places like the EU.

actually, it's the other way around. global firmware specifically checks for EU in bdata (ie global units) and sets a low power.
China firmware currently doesn't check. unless you tinker under the hood and specifically set a particular countrycode.

ronski

Reaction score
the china firmware to-date (who knows maybe next version will change) does not check country code in bdata. so china or global unit don't matter. So it will tx at 30dbm power. It is not placebo.

the low tx power limit is on global units (EU) with global firmware.

again, this is if you do not tinker under the hood.

My global set is from Qoo10 and i had confirm that its bdata country code is EU after i flash china fw.
Or perhaps theirs is not EU

porky_88

Reaction score
My global set is from Qoo10 and i had confirm that its bdata country code is EU after i flash china fw.
Or perhaps theirs is not EU

if you setup in global rom, the country code in nvram will actually be set. But global firmware will check to see if bdata country code is EU. If it is EU nothing else matter.

And if you subsequently flash a china firmware without doing a factory reset. the countrycode in nvram will be preserved and it will use that countrycode and set appropriate tx power for the country code that you previously set.

If you want stock china firmware settings. you need to do a factory reset after you flash it.

to know exactly your current tx power. download the log files for the web gui (it is just below the firmware update tab. it will be downloaded as a zip file. inside the zip file under /tmp dir, there is a xiaoqiang.log. It will tell you exactly what your current tx power is along with a lot of other useful information.

ronski

Reaction score
if you setup in global rom, the country code in nvram will actually be set. But global firmware will check to see if bdata country code is EU. If it is EU nothing else matter.

And if you subsequently flash a china firmware without doing a factory reset. the countrycode in nvram will be preserved and it will use that countrycode and set appropriate tx power for the country code that you previously set.

If you want stock china firmware settings. you need to do a factory reset after you flash it.

to know exactly your current tx power. download the log files for the web gui (it is just below the firmware update tab. it will be downloaded as a zip file. inside the zip file under /tmp dir, there is a xiaoqiang.log. It will tell you exactly what your current tx power is along with a lot of other useful information.

I see. Maybe i missed out something when i flash the chinese fw. Anyway as my earlier post, i had done all the necessary mods/edits for bdata and regdom. Now running good with max tx power ;)

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually, it's the other way around. global firmware specifically checks for EU in bdata (ie global units) and sets a low power.
China firmware currently doesn't check. unless you tinker under the hood and specifically set a particular countrycode.

So we should flash global firmware with China sets to get high tx power and English firmware (without modifying the files) ?

Jun Jun

Reaction score

Do I get the max 30dbm if I have the global set and flash china firmware and reset. Then flash back global firmware?

Jun Jun

Reaction score
I see. Maybe i missed out something when i flash the chinese fw. Anyway as my earlier post, i had done all the necessary mods/edits for bdata and regdom. Now running good with max tx power ;)

Where do i modify for the global firmware?

ronski

Reaction score
Where do i modify for the global firmware?
It's not a straight forward process. U need to enable SSH and telnet first.
it is not a recommendation it is compulsory!
1.0.17 has code injection vulnerabilities and the exploits are used to get permanent telnet and ssh (ssh has to be reenabled every time the firmware is flashed)

these two links are useful for enabling ssh
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5071359
https://oded.dev/2020/11/30/AX3600-1/

I used oded's tools to edit bdata but used the first link to unlock and lock the mtd.
U can refer to the above post by porky_88
If u need help u can ask porky_88 :D

porky_88

Reaction score
Hmm... So no way to enable max dbm on global firmware for global routers?

of course there is a way. look at post #913.
question is are you willing to get your hands dirty? :)

i think all the answers to questions on how to to get around global firmware with global unit are posted in details here. People just need to read and search.
I will not be posting/replying to such questions from this point on.

Last edited:

evokiller

Reaction score
So if my router came out of box with China firmware and I kept it on China fw then means the TX power is by default already 30 right. Or is it still restricted to a few channels?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm... So no way to enable max dbm on global firmware for global routers?

of course there is a way. look at post #913.
question is are you willing to get your hands dirty? :)

i think all the answers to questions on how to to get around global firmware with global unit are posted in details here. People just need to read and search.
I will not be posting/replying to such questions from this point on.

Basically for inexperienced users, do not buy the global set. Period. For experienced users, the advice is still the same, buy the China set. It is just if you already buy the global set, experienced users can have their hands dirty to get the high tx power.

For people who buy the China set, no need to do anything and the tx power is already good. Or if you want English FW, flash with global FW, the high tx power will be preserved.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interesting discussion here in the Xiaomi AX6000 thread (originally from M1 thread).
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...-clinic-4/xiaomi-ax6000-router-6438353-2.html

But you have a good point here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels
China version has only limited 5GHz wireless band available compared to Singapore (Singapore is similar to US and Japan, EU has two more, Australia has 6 less, China has much less).

BTW, tx power limit for SG is here.
https://www.imda.gov.sg/-/media/Imd...ion-Standards/Radio-Comms/IMDATSSRD.pdf?la=en

1) Max RF output power (TX power)
2.4000 – 2.4835 GHz: ≤ 200 mW (e.i.r.p)

5.150 – 5.350 GHz:> 100 mW (e.i.r.p.) and ≤ 200 mW (e.i.r.p.); DFS and TPC for 5.250-5.350GHz sub range

5.150 – 5.350 GHz: ≤ 100 mW (e.i.r.p.), DFS for 5.250-5.350GHz sub range

5.470 – 5.725 GHz: ≤ 1000 mW (e.i.r.p.), DFS and TPC

5.725 – 5.850 GHz :> 1000 mW (e.i.r.p.) ≤ 4000 mW (e.i.r.p.); Operating under this provision shall be approved on an exceptional basis.

2) Max Transmitter spurious emissions
All frequency bands used by WiFI are >1GHz, so the limit is the same: <=-30dBm

so if you want to follow the law to the letter.
1) at 26dbm on your ax82u at chan 64 and below, the tx is breaking the law. :)
2) at 27dbm on your ax82u on all 2.4GHz.. the tx power is breaking the law
3) ax3600 on china firmware at default settings, (1) & (2) also applies at 30dbm!

30dbm is allowed on ch 100 and above.
So many CN hardcoded wireless (ie china imported) mostly breaks the law. that why they are not IMDA registered. But how many folks here knows this and goes in with their eyes open? :) All just want max tx power.

On the ax3600s that i run, I set regdom to SG and it respects it. it goes 30dbm for ch 149 and above. 100-144 at 24dmb, 64 and below at 20dbm. And the irony is that I had to "hack" it to get it to be legally compliant. But I guess no one is interested in being legal and all want at MAX 30dbm for all channels... lol

Haha, I just checked indeed I am following the law now.

AX82U China set 2.4GHz wifi -- disabled. I have the Singtel Mesh Router for 2.4GHz.
AX82U China set 5GHz wifi -- CH153, 26dBm, below 30dBm limit.

IMDA standard does say 5.725 – 5.850 GHz band (CH149 - CH165) requires IMDA approval. Howver, it seems to me they are approved to use since your SG settings have them.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From AX6000 thread.

With the release of Xiaomi AX6000 at RMB599, Xiaomi has reduced the price of AX3600 to RMB499. So indeed it is hard to say which one to buy.

Taobao link of AX3600, official Xiaomi Flagship shop
https://m.tb.cn/h.47VdnYh?sm=3fb99a
【【急速发货】小米 AIoT路由器AX3600家用千兆端口5G双频3000M无线速率wifi6大户型穿墙王】

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.