i'll be getting my 4-rm resale sometime end of next month. I'm looking to install aircon for the 3 bedrooms (leaving out the living room). My usage pattern shall be from 8pm to 530am daily. I've an aircon ledge attached to the main bedroom.
I'm thinking of getting daikin. Can anybody suggest a system configuration for my needs?
hi everyone... i see GC and some major stores offering 1yr installation WS and parts warranty... and 5yr compressor warranty... it's becoming more common and seems as though it is now part of the package...
And i also noticed forumers mentioned that the warranty excludes labour and transportation charges. i understand different stores will have varying charges... i just wanna enquire whether is this the standard or we can actually negotiate to have it included in the package price...
Went to check out the smaller resellers (compared to Courts / Best Denki / Gain City / etc) of Air-Conditioners at Electronic Expo @ Expo.
Here are what I can remember from talking to the salesmen there.
Some notes and disclaimers:
- I didn't take down any exact pricings, my purpose was to get a general "feel" for the pricing, and to get a sense of how they differ from Courts or GC
- Pricing seem competitive between most of them, +/- $100 to $200+ of difference here and there
- The biggest differences are the servicing/warranty packages, and their show-exclusive promotions or freebies
- NOTE: Please verify the accuracy yourself, since many of the things are what the sales people tell you. And, I may not remember that well... Cos went fridge and mattress and furniture window shopping after that... Heh too confused
Seems to strongly favor Mitsubishi Electric and their Japanese Brand, Kimura
- Kimura is Japanese, looks pretty energy efficient on paper, and about 20% to 25% cheaper than Mitsubishi Electric
Seems pretty Neutral between brands. Prefers Panasonic, Mitsubishi Electric, and MHI (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries)
- Their $100+ to $200 yearly servicing contract (valid from 2nd year onwards, since 1st year already comprehensive warranty) includes 2 times servicing per year, and if anything need replacement and repair, don't need to pay anything*. Its like a servicing + comprehensive warranty contract.
- According to one of their competitors, they outsource all installation and servicing
Strongly favors Panasonic and Mitsubishi Electric, says negative things about MHI (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries)
- That salesman liked to show their invoices, that written clearly, their warranty covers full parts + labour + transport (they want to sell you that there's no worry about hidden costs)
Air-Con Gallery (Best Tech):
They seem to favor MHI (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries)
- Free Yamato insulation (they say its very good, better than Armaflex)
- About $200 to $300+ for extended 5 year warranty*
*: I don't remember if need to pay anything per incident. But if need, only EITHER labor OR transport. $80.
Hi All, anyone got a good and reliable air-con servicing tech to recommend? Would like to know the breakdown price for servicing too.....tried a few previously but noticed the workmanship not very good.
MY >10 yrs old Daikin 4MKF(H) V1N with 4 fancoil CTK 25 FV1N. The Fan on the aircon not working and repair man mentioned must change PCB of aircon . I got 3 choice :
1. Get a new PCB (80 service + 359 card cost)
2. Get a new aircon unit
3. Get a new whole system.
As I renting out flat, want to save money. Any idea for aircon replacement?
Is the York system good ? Got a quote for $2999 for system 4. Midea cost the same both inverter type.
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.
Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.