Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldudey

Reaction score
Terumo,

One more qn, if price wise the same, Starmex or pana new series sys 3? One is like old model but quiet operation, one is new model. noise is impt because its for old flat and sound cannot be loud

terumo

Reaction score
cooldudey,

Noise not that much of difference.
Did u check if all best Pana is the latest model?
Sometimes their price r cheaper cause they r clearing old stocks.

terumo

Reaction score
redsugar,

$2.7-$2.9k should be possible.
$2.5k quite hard unless u go for brands like Mit Hvy Ind, Midea.

cooldudey

Reaction score
Turemo,
Yup they said its the 2013, ending pkw model.
2.6?

Two qn,
1. do we need to upgrade insulation aka GC if buying inverter?

2. How is all bxxt installation compared to gc? Is it that bad as mentioned in forums?

redsugar

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanx turemo.. Will take note and beef up budget.. Read your blog and found it useful. Buying aircon is such a headache.

Cos of my low usage (high floor), i am trying to get the most value for my money.

Oh yes. R22 gas will be available till 2020 right? Or am i not correct?

cooldudey

Reaction score
red sugar,

U can check out pana new model 2013, 2.6k at all bxxt. its going for 2.95k at GC.

GC kept telling pppl to upgrade insulation from 3/8 inch to thicker ones, i think thats how they earn.

redsugar

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard about allbxxx.. Seems like a trusted merchant?

My intention is to get a good reliable unit for my house. Since i am not a aircon man, so is my wife and mil.. A cheap (but reliable) unit will suffice..

rine5

Reaction score
Hi Terumo,

i'll be getting my 4-rm resale sometime end of next month. I'm looking to install aircon for the 3 bedrooms (leaving out the living room). My usage pattern shall be from 8pm to 530am daily. I've an aircon ledge attached to the main bedroom.

I'm thinking of getting daikin. Can anybody suggest a system configuration for my needs?

Can anybody recommend an aircon company as well?

Thanks in advance.

Jingxuan02

Reaction score
Need some advise.

Need to change my air-con and is considering below model from ME-Starmex. Please advise if is good. Thank you.
Meant for 2 Bedroom

Model: MXY-3A28VA
System 3
3 HP Condensing Unit
30366 BTU
Dc Twin Rotary

Model: MSY-GE13VA
1.5 HP Wall Mounted Unit x 2
11942 BTU

Quoted by GC: $2.5K included all installation and dismantle plus upgrade to 1/2 inch insulation pipping but unsure about the copper pipe.

Last edited:

joanie_dan

Reaction score
For Mitsubishi Starmex, MXY3A28VA and 3xMSYGE10VA
3/8" class 1 armaflex, swg23(0.61mm) copper pipe. Price $2,989 is this price reasonable?

joanie_dan

Reaction score
Gc, with $150 trade in for old aircon.
1yr warranty for all parts, 5 yr warranty for compressor(one time change)

Free 20" and 24" luggage (with 4 wheels)

belwee

Reaction score
hi everyone... i see GC and some major stores offering 1yr installation WS and parts warranty... and 5yr compressor warranty... it's becoming more common and seems as though it is now part of the package...

And i also noticed forumers mentioned that the warranty excludes labour and transportation charges. i understand different stores will have varying charges... i just wanna enquire whether is this the standard or we can actually negotiate to have it included in the package price...

felali

Reaction score
Electronic Expo @ Expo

Went to check out the smaller resellers (compared to Courts / Best Denki / Gain City / etc) of Air-Conditioners at Electronic Expo @ Expo.

Here are what I can remember from talking to the salesmen there.
Some notes and disclaimers:
- I didn't take down any exact pricings, my purpose was to get a general "feel" for the pricing, and to get a sense of how they differ from Courts or GC
- Pricing seem competitive between most of them, +/- $100 to $200+ of difference here and there
- The biggest differences are the servicing/warranty packages, and their show-exclusive promotions or freebies
- NOTE: Please verify the accuracy yourself, since many of the things are what the sales people tell you. And, I may not remember that well... Cos went fridge and mattress and furniture window shopping after that... Heh too confused

Aircon Designs:
Seems to strongly favor Mitsubishi Electric and their Japanese Brand, Kimura
- Kimura is Japanese, looks pretty energy efficient on paper, and about 20% to 25% cheaper than Mitsubishi Electric

Creation:
Seems pretty Neutral between brands. Prefers Panasonic, Mitsubishi Electric, and MHI (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries)
- Their $100+ to $200 yearly servicing contract (valid from 2nd year onwards, since 1st year already comprehensive warranty) includes 2 times servicing per year, and if anything need replacement and repair, don't need to pay anything*. Its like a servicing + comprehensive warranty contract.
- According to one of their competitors, they outsource all installation and servicing

All Best
Strongly favors Panasonic and Mitsubishi Electric, says negative things about MHI (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries)
- That salesman liked to show their invoices, that written clearly, their warranty covers full parts + labour + transport (they want to sell you that there's no worry about hidden costs)

Air-Con Gallery (Best Tech):
They seem to favor MHI (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries)
- Free Yamato insulation (they say its very good, better than Armaflex)
- About $200 to $300+ for extended 5 year warranty*

*: I don't remember if need to pay anything per incident. But if need, only EITHER labor OR transport. $80.

Last edited:

hypercad

Reaction score
Quote from N*** Cool & GC for System 2 Inverter

I looked at the prices people put here...very confusing...sometimes the margin for the same type of product is $300-$400 difference.

I got 2 quotes (all inclusive of installation):

N****** COOL AIRCON
Mitsubishi Electric (Inverter) - $2600, excluding brackets
Panasonic Econavi (Inverter) - $2500, excluding brackets

GC
Mitsubishi Electric - $2700, excluding brackets
Panasonic Econonavi (Inverter) - $2600, excluding brackets

I am confused cos I called AllBest and they quote the same ME system for $2100, excluding brackets.

I know N*** Cool is pretty good; GC mixed reviews.

So why the big discrepancy, between GC, N** Cool & especially AllBest...$500 difference.

I understand that the difference for GC and N***Cool is a difference of about a hundred BUT with the smaller companies, the difference is so huge.

What could have been the in-between costs? Better cabling, piping?????

Someone pls help....

Thank you.....

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good and Reliable Air-Con Servicing Tech

Hi All, anyone got a good and reliable air-con servicing tech to recommend? Would like to know the breakdown price for servicing too.....tried a few previously but noticed the workmanship not very good.

terumo

Reaction score
to Jingxuan02,

ur room size?

The model u gave is for 2 x 12k btu, ur room is it around 24sq m?

Fairplay

Reaction score
Help need - repair or buy new

MY >10 yrs old Daikin 4MKF(H) V1N with 4 fancoil CTK 25 FV1N. The Fan on the aircon not working and repair man mentioned must change PCB of aircon . I got 3 choice :
1. Get a new PCB (80 service + 359 card cost)
2. Get a new aircon unit
3. Get a new whole system.

As I renting out flat, want to save money. Any idea for aircon replacement?
Is the York system good ? Got a quote for $2999 for system 4. Midea cost the same both inverter type.

Thank you for you help.

Last edited:

MRC

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Sharp AC Good?

I wanna purchase Sharp System 3 at 2799 from Courts is it good? Any user here? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.