Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelkie

Reaction score
I don't know about the other set, but for MXY3A28/MSYGE18/13 I was quoted the same price including new piping + new bracket + power point. So yes, it seems a bit expensive. But what does your price include apart from the condenser + fancoil units?

Only supply and install, reuse old piping. Yet to check on the bracket.

crankcase

Reaction score
Only supply and install, reuse old piping. Yet to check on the bracket.

Actually I just found out my quote only includes the bracket, no power point - need to add another $150-180 for that.

If you are reusing your old piping then likely you should be reusing the existing bracket from the old compressor as well. So your quote likely only covers installation of the 2 fancoils and compressor. Seems a bit high in that case. The piping alone should be worth around $500 if I'm not wrong.

I would recommend you shop around a bit.

terumo

Reaction score
To vodka,
If u use all 4 at the same time,
U might need the bigger capacity outdoor unit like 4a38 (Mit Electric) or 5mks100 (Daikin).

Last edited:

MrWhiteKnight

Reaction score
To mrwhiteknight,

If both brands going @ same price, I will choose Mit Electric.

Thanks! Have decided to go with Mitsubishi.

Like the slim design of panasonic but the flap looks ugly n casing more flimsy..

Btw, anybody know why on a system 4,only on 2 aircon. Then the Mbr not cold. Only when all others not on then the mbr aircon will be slightly cold.

michaelkie

Reaction score
Hi, seems like Mitsubishi is more popular in this thread. Any feedback about Toshiba? Which one more reliable? TIA

nicepal

Reaction score
To nicepal,

Will u use ur living room often together with the bedrooms?

actually mostly use masterbedroom when weather is hot. The other 2 rooms is for kids and living room probably on when got people or hot. Just worry living room is warm when more people but also rare. .

terumo

Reaction score
To nicepal,

This option,
Mxy4a28va + 9000btu x 3 + 18000btu x 1
should be suitable for u.

lazy999

Reaction score
Hi guys, I being quoted Toshiba system 4
RAS-4M26SACV / RASM10SKCV x 4
$4547.5 everything in cum gst plus the steel bracket($150)

Is this price reasonable? Btw, anyone recently get their aircon from coolserve? How they fare? Are their workmanship good? How about their price ? Reasonable?

oncealurker

Reaction score
Hi, care to share why replacing Toshiba with Mitsubishi? How's Toshiba over the past 8 years? I was recommended Toshiba as it's still made in Japan.
TIA.

My blower unit's motherboard spoilt. Was still cool tho. Daily usage during night time. Small problems such as icing (very sensitive this, occured when left door opened for just a while).

I think it is not so energy saving, i noted my electricity usage is a lot more than other friend, who use other aircon in similar way (time and no. of unit). I might be wrong here, perhaps its just my other appliances.

Eviltrap

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,just went to Best Tech IMM to look at some air con prices.

Was quoted 3999 for an LG Sys 4 with ionizer, deodorizer, etc.

Then changing the insulation cover over the copper wires from black to a silvery insulator with 2 or 4 layers will cost an additional 200 bucks.

So total price will be around 4199.

Is it a good deal?

PS. Something about the compressor being at 18K V only, which the salesman said is more than enough. Sorry, still a noob with aircons. Only know how to on and off. :p

Last edited:

AirProjectServices

Reaction score
Hi guys,just went to Best Tech IMM to look at some air con prices.

Was quoted 3999 for an LG Sys 4 with ionizer, deodorizer, etc.

Then changing the insulation cover over the copper wires from black to a silvery insulator with 2 or 4 layers will cost an additional 200 bucks.

So total price will be around 4199.

Is it a good deal?

PS. Something about the compressor being at 18K V only, which the salesman said is more than enough. Sorry, still a noob with aircons. Only know how to on and off. :p
Don't buy LG Inverter air con got many complaint :( Is better look for Daikin , Toshiba or Mitsubishi Electric ...

Eviltrap

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't buy LG Inverter air con got many complaint :( Is better look for Daikin , Toshiba or Mitsubishi Electric ...

Really? :(

It looked so fanciful.

Just received a reply from my air con contractor saying LG product not good. 😰

Guess we'll give LG a miss.

Was reading some reviews on Best Tech from Renotalk too. Gonna give Best Tech a miss as well. :(

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really? :(

It looked so fanciful.

Just received a reply from my air con contractor saying LG product not good. 😰

Guess we'll give LG a miss.

Was reading some reviews on Best Tech from Renotalk too. Gonna give Best Tech a miss as well. :(

Just buy Starmex at all best at imm. System 3.

Eviltrap

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just buy Starmex at all best at imm. System 3.

Was originally intending to get Starmex. Was swayed by the salesmen going on about ionizer, deodorizer, etc.

He also recommended Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.

How's it compared to Starmex?

PS. We will be getting a sys 4.

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was originally intending to get Starmex. Was swayed by the salesmen going on about ionizer, deodorizer, etc.

He also recommended Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.

How's it compared to Starmex?

PS. We will be getting a sys 4.

All those are good to have. But Mitsubishi Starmex quite popular. Changing out my 13 years fujitsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.